> Calvi's Webscheduler KB Interface Theme, For DVBWSPro 5.0.13+
Calvi
post Oct 26 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,988
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

I have been updating my KB interface theme inline with Webscheduler development and figured I would publish the update here.

There are a number of different features to the default one. Colours are generally blue to match in with my Meedio theme. It may also help give some people ideas on what they can do with themes.

This theme is named calvi and can be downloaded from.......

http://mail.lewis.com.au/public/webschedul...hemes/calvi.zip

just place it in your themes directory and unzip it there, then go to WS setup, KB themes and point to it.

The changes are as follows.....
a) different layout for epg with Standard Definition and High Definition channels.....

to use it you just make sure all your HiDef channels have the letters HD in them somewhere. It allows you easily record a show in either HiDef or Standard Def with one click and is particularly handy when the show has already started. (Eg Footy or something).

*Updated so HD channels can now be first in the channel mapping.

For better integration look at the custom version of WS in item 2 which allows different recoding formats for SD vs HD channels also.

Note: This works very well with Firefox but has some limitations with IE6 (due to numerous bugs in IE6 and absolute positioning within CSS). IE7 is supposed to have fixed these but I haven't tried it and am not going to put any more effort into IE either.

It also fixes the description bar at the bottom of the screen so you do not have to scroll to read it. The buttons all have a 3D effect and different colours for each schedule state.

*Added sub-title to description.

b) Revised schedule display.. This just shows pending schedules immediately and has the past schedules as the first selection in the list. Saves some navigating. (I'm very lazy).

c) Revised Program Search page with numbers, large enter at bottom etc. Also saves some navigating.

d) Note that the auto add list is sorted alphabetically rather than by priority (this is because I prefer it this way).

I have also added some new things since the old theme I did...

e) all the button menus roll over top and bottom so if you up arrow on the first item you get the last item and vice versa.

f) Made all menus more consistent with each other, ie all have a title panel, number of items at top etc.

g) the epg schedule details has the buttons horizontal so as to save space on smaller displays.

h) a variety of small enhancements (IMO) to forms etc.

Also Note it requires 5.0.13 DVBPro or higher to work properly. Calvi.old will work with older versions.

This post has been edited by Calvi: Aug 2 2008, 04:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Oct 26 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #2

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

cool, good job.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Oct 27 2007, 11:07 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Thanks,

I have updated it to allow up to 32 channels.

+Quote Post
Guest_quauhtlimtz_*
post Mar 4 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #4

Guests

Hello:

Great theme!

Could you please post a sample HTML code from the EPG screen?

I can't see nothing but this and I already load the EPG-XMLTV data:

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Mar 4 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Got to take off now,

but have you mapped the channels?

does the default (theme) one work?

what exactly do you want posted?

+Quote Post
Guest_quauhtlimtz_*
post Mar 5 2008, 05:01 AM
Post #6

Guests

Sorry, this was my mistake. I was forgotten to map the channels.

Thanks!!

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Mar 5 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #7

Forum Regular

No problem,

PS I have uploaded a new version.

It was missing the Title/Description option in the Program Search.

+Quote Post
raym
post Mar 5 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,227

Hi Calvi. I like the customisations in this skin. Thought I'd mention this again smile.gif

One question for you..., youknow when you choose to make a selected program from the epg an auto-add item, once you say "yes" to the confirmation box, WS jumps to the auto-add list. I find this a little frustrating especially if you're adding a few at a time as you keep losing your place in the epg! Do you know of an easy way to simply stay on the epg page you are on after adding an auto-add item?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Guest_quauhtlimtz_*
post Mar 6 2008, 01:18 AM
Post #9

Guests

Hello, Calvi:

I am trying to use your theme in a Servlet I am developing to produce an EPG so I can use it with my TV and a Set Top Box. The EPG's information is stored on a Access Database, procesed by a Java class and returned to the servlet as XML like the one attached. Once the Servlet receives the XML it constructs the HTML and then displays the EPG to the user. The procuded HTML has the tags and the information needed to use your CSS and JavaScript file. It actually works, however everything is harcode on the Servlet (I mean the class types, the tags and so on). So my questions are: Does it is possible to transform my XML to the one WebScheduler needs so I be able to use your theme with minor changes? What is the XML format of WebScheduler (I think is XMLTV, but I can't find the schema)? Do you know what is the class to transform the XML into the HTML?

Thanks in advance. smile.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  epg.xml ( 6.25K ) Number of downloads: 7

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Mar 6 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #10

Forum Regular

QUOTE (raym @ Mar 5 2008, 10:01 PM) *
Hi Calvi. I like the customisations in this skin. Thought I'd mention this again smile.gif

One question for you..., youknow when you choose to make a selected program from the epg an auto-add item, once you say "yes" to the confirmation box, WS jumps to the auto-add list. I find this a little frustrating especially if you're adding a few at a time as you keep losing your place in the epg! Do you know of an easy way to simply stay on the epg page you are on after adding an auto-add item?

Thanks.

I understand but there is not a setting in the theme AFAIK that does this. It is Webscheduler that is taking you to the Autoaddlist.
null might know a way around this.

I personally have a button on my remote (previous) mapped to the Backspace key that takes me back to the epg if I want by going back in the browser.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Mar 6 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #11

Forum Regular

QUOTE (quauhtlimtz @ Mar 6 2008, 02:18 AM) *
Hello, Calvi:

I am trying to use your theme in a Servlet I am developing to produce an EPG so I can use it with my TV and a Set Top Box. The EPG's information is stored on a Access Database, procesed by a Java class and returned to the servlet as XML like the one attached. Once the Servlet receives the XML it constructs the HTML and then displays the EPG to the user. The procuded HTML has the tags and the information needed to use your CSS and JavaScript file. It actually works, however everything is harcode on the Servlet (I mean the class types, the tags and so on). So my questions are: Does it is possible to transform my XML to the one WebScheduler needs so I be able to use your theme with minor changes? What is the XML format of WebScheduler (I think is XMLTV, but I can't find the schema)? Do you know what is the class to transform the XML into the HTML?

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

These are better questions for null but I believe you do not need my theme for this. You are better to get the xml directly. ie. http://localhost:8420/servlet/EpgDataRes?a...day=5&xml=1

Webscheduler allows the retrieval of (most I think) of its pages as xml.

+Quote Post
raym
post Mar 6 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #12

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,227

QUOTE (Calvi @ Mar 6 2008, 08:47 AM) *
...null might know a way around this.

Ok, thanks. In that case.... null, any words of advice here please?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Aug 2 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #13

Forum Regular

I have updated the theme with a few enhancements.

1. The epg now shows the subtitle in the description area in [ ] brackets.
2. The subtitle also appears in the schedule details.
3. The description font changes size (slightly) depending on the length of the content.
4. The channels are now automatically sorted into Standard and HD versions even if they are first in the channel mappings.
5. Added the fixes from 5.0.2.12 regarding jumping back to the wrong schedule item.
6. Some other cosmetic changes.

+Quote Post
rpalmer68
post Sep 27 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #14

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,513
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

Hi Calvi,

Been a long time user of your XMLTV script and have just started using your theme now that I have a HD monitor and the default these doesn't show all the channels.

One problem I have is that when I select a program and get the details screen, along the bottom you have 3 buttond. "Epg", "Scheduel" And "Auto-Add"

For some reasoin the left/right arrow keys don't move the cursor I have to use up/down which seems a little confusing and I know will confuse the wife/kids!

Is this something on my system or do you get this too?

Oh and anotehr thing, mine doesn't have the "Standard Definition" and "High Definition" headers on the EOG page like in your screen shot.

Cheers
Richard

This post has been edited by rpalmer68: Sep 27 2008, 11:55 AM

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Sep 27 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #15

Forum Regular

The left right arrows work for me. Left/right and Up/Down should work.

The headers may require the channels ordered a certain way (in webscheduler). I'll check this when I get a chance.

My channels are ordered in HD/SD pairs, ie ABC HD, ABC 1, ABC 2, Seven HD, Seven etc.

It's important to have the HD in the name, this is how the theme differentiates SD and HD channels.

Have you grabbed the latest copy?

+Quote Post
rpalmer68
post Sep 27 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #16

Forum Regular

QUOTE (Calvi @ Sep 27 2008, 02:03 PM) *
The left right arrows work for me. Left/right and Up/Down should work.

Left/right work fine everywhere except in that one screen... hmm I'll take a closer look...

The headers may require the channels ordered a certain way (in webscheduler). I'll check this when I get a chance.

My channels are ordered in HD/SD pairs, ie ABC HD, ABC 1, ABC 2, Seven HD, Seven etc.

It's important to have the HD in the name, this is how the theme differentiates SD and HD channels.

The HD channels are all grouped together in the theme below the SD ones, I just don't get the headers like the screen shot.
I'll try re-ordering them in WS to see if i makes any difference.

Have you grabbed the latest copy?

Only downloaded it today, so I'd assume so smile.gif

Cheers
Richard

This post has been edited by rpalmer68: Sep 27 2008, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Sep 28 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #17

Forum Regular

Left/right work fine everywhere except in that one screen... hmm I'll take a closer look...

Works with FF not IE, will fix when I get a chance. (I hate IE!)

The HD channels are all grouped together in the theme below the SD ones, I just don't get the headers like the screen shot.
I'll try re-ordering them in WS to see if i makes any difference.

That may not work. I changed things so I could use the new WS features that allow matching auto-adds HD first.
I think the channels in WS need to be HD first, then the KB guide will resort them SD first. This is not very flexible, I just did it this way for myself.
Only downloaded it today, so I'd assume so smile.gif

Yep, you got the latest. I will try and fix the arrows for IE.
As for the SD/HD,Try ordering your channels in WS like mine, ie ABC HD, ABC 1, ABC 2, Seven HD, Seven, Nine HD, Nine etc. and see how that goes.

PS FF3 is much better than IE for the KB interface. IE has lots of rendering issues.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Oct 1 2008, 07:53 AM
Post #18

Forum Regular

Fixed the epg item details screen buttons to work properly with IE.

+Quote Post
rpalmer68
post Oct 2 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #19

Forum Regular

QUOTE (Calvi @ Oct 1 2008, 07:53 AM) *
Fixed the epg item details screen buttons to work properly with IE.

Thanks.

Still trying to get the SD/HD split.. I now get a "Standard Definition Channels" header, but no header/split between the SD and HD channels.

Have ordered them like you, but currently don't have ABC HD, will add this to see if that makes the difference.

Richard

+Quote Post
rpalmer68
post Oct 3 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #20

Forum Regular

Adding ABC HD to my channels has resolved the SD/HD split problem.

Cheers
Richard

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 01:37 AM