IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HIP not blasting with Win7 64 - I'm desperate!
kstu
post Oct 30 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,845
Card: None

I've searched the internet for days (almost literally) and haven't been able to figure out my issue.

I had HIP working with the MCE IR blasters on my Win XP system (SageTV for media) for 4 years, and thanks to a hard drive failure I just upgraded to Win 7 x64. When I'm attempting to set up HIP to interact with my set top box and I try to test an IR blast, nothing happens. I confirmed the blasters work through Windows Media Center, but I get no light through HIP. Previously I had used the replacement MCE driver, but from what I've read it doesn't sound like they'll work with Win7 64 (not to mention I can't find any new ones out there).

One side note - I'm not even able to have HIP learn remote commands as I get an error immediately after clicking the 'learn' button, so I'm using hex codes from the RC forums...

Does anyone have any suggestions? All of this is really because my new HD-PVR IR blaster doesn't work with my cable box.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Oct 30 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

The short answer is that the MCE drivers are not compatible with the 64bit version of Windows. I believe it is something to do with permissions because apparently some other developers have managed to get this to work by pumping the commands through a Service. No one here has been able to get it to work though.

It will require someone with the access to the source code to create a new Win7-compatible driver before it will be usable again....maybe it has already been done but I cannot find anything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BTJustice
post Jan 4 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #3

Participant

Member No.: 10,351

Has anything changed? I have heard reports the latest 4x version of HIP now works in 64-bit Windows. I can install it but when I get to the part where it learns the STB IR codes, it keeps crashing.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Jan 10 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Sorry...but the MCE part will not work under 64-bit windows I am afraid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BTJustice
post Jan 11 2012, 05:18 AM
Post #5

Participant

Member No.: 10,351

At least not with HIP. I am now using IR Server Suite which works just fine.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 08:57 AM