therat
post Jul 26 2015, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,165
Card: DNTV Quad

@renura

Is there any possibility that the current PCIe Quad tuner could have a USB version complete with FM and DAB?

I know the dabby has all 3 but one tuner doesn't really meet my needs and with laptops and notepads taking over from desktops and a shortage of USB ports, a USB version of the Quad tuner would be perfect. Just about all USB ports are USB 3.0 now so capacity shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone else interested in a USB version of the Quad tuner?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DrP
post Jul 26 2015, 05:36 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

Mini PCs are also making their inroads. A device with 4 (or perhaps 6 if you're a real TV freak) tuners would be a boon for them.

Given how long a decent tuner can last (although FTA TV isn't my game these days I still have the two tiny-USB2, ie 4 tuners, hooked up to the PC I am using now and they all work correctly) DVB-T2 wouldn't be a bad option either, just in case one day Australia heads that way. I'm not sure what sort of compatibility issues there would be with a T2 tuner and today's T only software such as tv scheduler pro.

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 04:23 PM