renura
post Jan 29 2004, 04:24 PM
Post #1

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

Hi Guys,

There have been a number of people running around the country telling this and that and something else. In relation to VisionPlus Australian Authorised Distributors.

Some have even approached me trying to sell fake VisionPlus products.

I would urge all buyers and potential buyers, including re-sellers, wholesalers and individual end users of VisionPlus products to check the source of any supplies offered, as these could be fake/copies and would not be supported by either us or TwinHan (the owners of VisionPlus).

In order to clarify the situation in relation to whom is authorised to distribute VisionPlus Products in Australia, TwinHan have made an official announcement, as follows:

TwinHan Appoints LAKO PACIFIC & DIGITAL NOW as Exclusive Australian Distributors

TwinHan Technology Co. Ltd., the leading provider of Digital TV reception products,
hereby announce the appointment LAKO PACIFIC ( www.lakopacific.com ) and DIGITAL NOW ( www.digitalnow.com.au ) as the exclusive Australian distributors of Vision Plus digitalTV tuner products for the PC. The appointment marks a partnership to bring the growing interest in broadcast digital TV to desktop and notebook PCs in the consumer marketplace, and also serve to promote the acceptance and advantages of digital TV broadcast within Australia . Lako Pacific and Digital Now are distributing TwinHan's latest series of digital terrestrial TV tuners and satellite/cableTV tuner under the brand of VisionPlus.

You can also read about it here:

http://www.visionplus.com.tw/news/news/20040128.htm

Cheers

Renura
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigH
post Jan 30 2004, 10:01 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Member No.: 51
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Hi Renura, it would seem congratulations are in oder.

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 30 2004, 10:20 PM
Post #3

Enthusiast

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
js
post Feb 3 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 31
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

LAKO PACIFIC isn't quite so honest as Renura on their website. They don't mention DIGITAL NOW leaving the impression they are the ONLY official distributors

Kew, Victoria. 21st January 2004 - TwinHan Technology Co. Ltd., leading provider of Digital TV reception cards, announce the appointment of Lako Pacific Ltd (ASX: LKP) as the exclusive Australian distributors of their digital TV tuner products for the PC. The appointment marks a partnership to bring the growing interest in broadcast digital TV to desktop and notebook PCs in the consumer marketplace, and also serve to promote the acceptance and advantages of digital TV broadcast within Australia. Lako Pacific are distributing TwinHan’s latest series of digital terrestrial TV tuners and satellite/cable TV tuner under the brand of VisionPlus.  

+Quote Post
Guest_14all_*
post Feb 6 2004, 09:10 AM
Post #5

Guests

LAKO PACIFIC isn't quite so honest as Renura on their website. They don't mention DIGITAL NOW leaving the impression they are the ONLY official distributors

I think we should all send an e-mail to the ACCC and complain about misleading information being provided, or can fill a complaint form
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml...emId/3634#h2_12

Giving them the link to the misleading press release/ad

+Quote Post
Guest_ndm_*
post Feb 8 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #6

Guests

Lako quoted as being the exclusive Australian distributors for Twinhan products on Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers website.

http://www.smpte.org.au/industrynews.asp#188

Most likely picked up from a Lako press release. I don't think I would bother buying from someone who is so blatently dishonest.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Feb 8 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #7

Guests

Renura,

I've sent a email explaining and the "misleading" press release, official TwinHan release to a certain Brisbane PC Store wink.gif wink.gif

Hopefully it helps

+Quote Post
renura
post Feb 9 2004, 06:29 PM
Post #8

Enthusiast

Renura,  

I've sent a email explaining and the "misleading" press release, official TwinHan release to a certain Brisbane PC Store    

Hopefully it helps

No one has contacted me yet, but thanks, I appreciate it.

Cheers

+Quote Post
mikes
post Apr 27 2004, 10:20 PM
Post #9

Participant

Member No.: 171

Renura

VisionPlus has been removed from your web site (noticed 27/4/2004). Does this means you are no longer interesting in supplying this card?

Michael

+Quote Post
renura
post Apr 28 2004, 08:28 AM
Post #10

Enthusiast

Renura 

VisionPlus has been removed from your web site (noticed 27/4/2004). Does this means you are no longer interesting in supplying this card?

Hi Michael,

Good question.

I should have updated this thread.

Yes we no longer import, distribute or sell the VisionPlus products.
Anyone who is interested in purchasing a new DVB-t card should consider alternatives.

Cheers

Renura

+Quote Post
datkins
post Apr 28 2004, 10:01 PM
Post #11

Forum Regular

Member No.: 25

Any reason for this ?

+Quote Post
renura
post Apr 29 2004, 01:04 PM
Post #12

Enthusiast

Any reason for this ?

Isn't it obvious?

+Quote Post
kenneth
post Apr 29 2004, 01:05 PM
Post #13

Forum Regular

Member No.: 144
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t / DVICO FusionHDTV

Any reason for this ?

Isn't it obvious?

It is for me. One thing: Lack of Support from TwinHan

--------------------
From Kenneth
AMD Athlon 2600+, 1.25GB RAM, ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Wireless Edition, Geforce 4 MX440SE (connected to Viewsonic E71f), DNTV Live! DVB-T, DNTV Live! DVB-T Pro, DVICO FusionHDTV , FusionHDTV USB owner, and I also have a VisionPlus DVB-S card

+Quote Post
Guest_Geoffman_*
post Apr 29 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #14

Guests

[quote="renura"][quote]Renura  
Yes we no longer import, distribute or sell the VisionPlus products.  
Anyone who is interested in purchasing a new DVB-t card should consider alternatives.

Renura[/quote]

Renura,
Are you still going to provide ongoing support to those of us that have purchased the Vision Plus card from you, eg software updates to Digivision HPTC?

I gotta admit I find this a bit distressing after only having purchased my card from you on 2 March!

Would you be willing to offer the a "trade in" on the DVICO card, for the Vision Plus I purchased perhaps? :wink:

+Quote Post
BigH
post Apr 30 2004, 12:02 PM
Post #15

Forum Regular

Yes we no longer import, distribute or sell the VisionPlus products. Anyone who is interested in purchasing a new DVB-t card should consider alternatives.  
Renura
Renura,
Are you still going to provide ongoing support to those of us that have purchased the Vision Plus card from you, eg software updates to Digivision HPTC? I gotta admit I find this a bit distressing after only having purchased my card from you on 2 March! Would you be willing to offer the a "trade in" on the DVICO card,  for the Vision Plus I purchased perhaps?  :wink:

A few very valid points raised in Geoffman’s post and as usual Renura has been slow reply to them. I too am very disappointed that the distributor for VisionPlus has decided to drop the product. After having invested well over $600 in cards and software from Digital Now, I too would like to see some kind of reimbursement or credit with Digital Now to buy a DBV-T card with a distributorship that might last more than 10 months.

Maybe what is required is a class action to the ACCC to stir up a little Press coverage to wakeup some of the parties involved in this fiasco?

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Apr 30 2004, 12:14 PM
Post #16

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9

How do we know it was Renura that dropped TwinHan, it could have been the other way around.

I have seen situations where companies have been effectively dropped from supply lists for not selling enough, asking for to much or just political (inside company politics) reasons.

It could have been Renura that was dropped by TwinHan, one of the other large Australian distributors may have put presser on TwinHan to drop Renura etc (this is just an example).

Anyway my point is we do not know the full story here.

+Quote Post
BigH
post Apr 30 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #17

Forum Regular

Anyway my point is we do not know the full story here.
Quiet so Shaun, and until Renura comes up with some answers and hopefully an explanation emailed, in a professional manner, to all the clients of Digital Now and DigiVision that bought VP cards and software from them as to the current situation in regard to support and service for the future, we will still be in the dark.

With any kind of product there is always a responsibility of fair-trading between dealer and customer regardless of where a break down in communications may occur.

If there has been a falling-out between TwinHan and Digital Now that is a problem between them and has no bearing on the continued service a purchaser is entitled to from the vendor.

If Digital Now are proposing to completely wash their hands of the TwinHan products including future support. I would certainly consider returning both my cards and software purchased from them in return for two equivalent heavily discounted cards and software. How Digital Now then disposes of the VP cards would be up to them.

+Quote Post
Guest_Geoffman_*
post Apr 30 2004, 01:18 PM
Post #18

Guests

Maybe what is required is a class action to the ACCC to stir up a little Press coverage to wakeup some of the parties involved in this fiasco?
Steady on BigH!

I simply asked a question, I'm not trying to provoke any form of action here. In my dealings with Digital Now, they have provided me with good service in the past, all I really want to know is if support for my month old product is gonna continue, and if not can a mutually acceptable solution be reached. smile.gif

+Quote Post
BigH
post Apr 30 2004, 01:35 PM
Post #19

Forum Regular

Steady on BigH! I simply asked a question

Likewise, I too, simply asked a question. Unfortunately the writing was on the wall many months back as to the longevity of support given to this card and if it had not been for the third party support given to this product by the likes of DigitalWatch and WebScheduler and others it would have been dead in the water months ago.

I think the question you have rinsed regarding a refund or trade-in is a very valid one, and I’m suggesting that if support from Digital Now is to come to a halt that this option be offered to all, especially those that have been in the project from the beginning and paid $330 a card.

+Quote Post
renura
post Apr 30 2004, 01:38 PM
Post #20

Enthusiast

Hi Guys.

Take it easy.

We will always support our customers, there is no question about that.

As you can see from our website, the VisionPlus support pages are still there and I am still here.

The only thing that has changed is that we no longer sell VisionPlus.

Cheers

Renura

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2019 - 04:52 AM