Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DVBT USB DONGLE
Guest_adam_jlond_*
post Dec 30 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hi,

Being new to this forum my technical terminology might be laughable, but anyway here's my problem.

I recently purchased one of these <http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200181966202>

Now I've installed the drivers supplied, which are known on my system as EC168 drivers. I've checked that my USB ports are 2.0, and that the drivers are fully up to date. Installed the BlazeDTV software, and tried a channel scan with two different ariels but I get no results.

There was one thing I noticed while doing the scan, neither of the LED lights on the dongle lit up, are they supposed to do this automatically when plugged in?

I may have the wrong BDA drivers?

Anyone help please?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Jan 3 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,667
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

QUOTE (adam_jlond @ Dec 30 2007, 11:25 PM) *
I recently purchased one of these <http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200181966202>

Now I've installed the drivers supplied, which are known on my system as EC168 drivers. I've checked that my USB ports are 2.0, and that the drivers are fully up to date. Installed the BlazeDTV software, and tried a channel scan with two different ariels but I get no results.

There was one thing I noticed while doing the scan, neither of the LED lights on the dongle lit up, are they supposed to do this automatically when plugged in?

I may have the wrong BDA drivers?

Your link responded with "This page may have moved or is no longer available". Can you describe the hardware make/model precisely as well as that of your PC including operating system and firewall (my firewall tried to block my TinyTwin) ? Try a powered USB2 hub. No LED = probably dud item. It's the chance you take with ebay. With your location unknown too, I can't know whether to recommend a DigitalNow TinyTwin which works fantastic for me for SDTV and HDTV in Aus (mpeg2, no mpeg4).

+Quote Post
Guest_adam_jlond_*
post Jan 3 2008, 09:06 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Jan 3 2008, 08:13 AM) *
Your link responded with "This page may have moved or is no longer available". Can you describe the hardware make/model precisely as well as that of your PC including operating system and firewall (my firewall tried to block my TinyTwin) ? Try a powered USB2 hub. No LED = probably dud item. It's the chance you take with ebay. With your location unknown too, I can't know whether to recommend a DigitalNow TinyTwin which works fantastic for me for SDTV and HDTV in Aus (mpeg2, no mpeg4).

Sorry about the bad link, the Dongle is a no brand variety that you see on ebay all the time. That's all I can tell you really, my operating system is Windows XP and I use ZoneAlarm anti-virus and firewall. The LED lit up once, but it's not seemed to respond in the same way since. My Location is the UK.

If you can help in anyway that'd be great

Thanks

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Jan 3 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,667
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

QUOTE (adam_jlond @ Jan 3 2008, 08:36 AM) *
the Dongle is a no brand variety that you see on ebay all the time. That's all I can tell you really,

More like "no-function" brand dry.gif ... hate to say it but, can i sell you Sydney Harbour Bridge ?

Sorry, no details on the hardware or labels stuck to it etc = no possible help re drivers etc... how could it be otherwise ? It could be a hamster spinning inside for all we know; or an empty box. rolleyes.gif

Hope you didn't pay much and can get your money back. If it isn't a new year's joke. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Don Chan_*
post Jan 10 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #5

Guests

adam jlond,

I have one is make from China, also a EC168 chip, it work on XP, but not in Linux, if you are interested in the driver I had, I can e-mail it to you to try it out.

+Quote Post
Guest_Cheetah_*
post Mar 26 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Don Chan @ Jan 10 2008, 12:00 PM) *
adam jlond,

I have one is make from China, also a EC168 chip, it work on XP, but not in Linux, if you are interested in the driver I had, I can e-mail it to you to try it out.

Im in the same situation - its an EC168 chip and looks like this:

+Quote Post
Guest_Don Chan_*
post Mar 29 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (Cheetah @ Mar 26 2008, 07:12 PM) *
Im in the same situation - its an EC168 chip and looks like this:

The software that came with it looks terrible and doesnt pickup and channels...
Could you send me over the driver and if you know any good software for Win XP (SP2) i'd love a name or something.

vibecelebrity@hotmail.com

Try http://www.e3ctech.com/download.html

+Quote Post
wcd
post Dec 29 2008, 04:36 AM
Post #8

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 11,664
Card: Freecom DVB-T Stick

QUOTE (Don Chan @ Mar 29 2008, 12:48 AM) *

Hi, I got one of those as well and have been strugling with it since I bought it. I'm pretty sure my dongle works fine as I tested it on Vista machine and it worked like a charm. However, it just doesn't like my XP machine for some reason. The driver would install without a problem, so would BlazeDTV... The problem I'm having is that Blaze wouldn't save the found channels. I can see when at what frequences the channels are found, because the Strength and Quality bars are nearly full and the red LED comes on when it start saying 'Signal found, start access channel info' but it just carries on scanning and the counter keeps on saying ' 0 channels found'. And I've tried many different variations, different software as well and it just would not work (or save found channels)... There must something wrong with my machine, but I just can't figure out what it is!
I've also downgraded from SP3 to SP2 (that's what the seller advised me to do), still no luck...
Has anyone else had similar problem or would know how to solve this?
Looking forward to your replies.
Many thanks.

+Quote Post
azz
post Oct 1 2011, 10:08 AM
Post #9

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 14,579
Card: Freecom DVB-T Stick

QUOTE (wcd @ Dec 29 2008, 05:36 AM) *
Hi, I got one of those as well and have been strugling with it since I bought it. I'm pretty sure my dongle works fine as I tested it on Vista machine and it worked like a charm. However, it just doesn't like my XP machine for some reason. The driver would install without a problem, so would BlazeDTV... The problem I'm having is that Blaze wouldn't save the found channels. I can see when at what frequences the channels are found, because the Strength and Quality bars are nearly full and the red LED comes on when it start saying 'Signal found, start access channel info' but it just carries on scanning and the counter keeps on saying ' 0 channels found'. And I've tried many different variations, different software as well and it just would not work (or save found channels)... There must something wrong with my machine, but I just can't figure out what it is!
I've also downgraded from SP3 to SP2 (that's what the seller advised me to do), still no luck...
Has anyone else had similar problem or would know how to solve this?
Looking forward to your replies.
Many thanks.

Having the very same problem like many others! Anyone solved this??? unsure.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 01:03 PM