rpalmer68
post Jun 15 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #21

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,513
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

QUOTE (bear @ Jun 15 2006, 09:00 AM) *
Note: As my local ISP, who was recently bought out by telstra, is now being closed down, it may be a while before I can get internet access so there maybe a short pause with my development of DWII.

Oh no, I feel impending withdrawl symptoms!

A quick question, how hard would it be to add signal strength/quality back into the DigitalWatch OSD (used to be the "Q" key)? I know not all drivers seem to support it properly, but for those that do it might help when we get some issues.
Yesterday I was getting the picture stuttering every now and then, it turned out to be an antenna connection issue, but having the signal info displayed while watching DW would have helped.

Cheers
R
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
uryan
post Jun 15 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #22

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,853
Card: None

Note: As my local ISP, who was recently bought out by telstra, is now being closed down, it may be a while before I can get internet access so there maybe a short pause with my development of DWII.

I suppose this is their idea of improving your service wacko.gif

+Quote Post
bear
post Jun 15 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #23

Forum Regular

Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

hi uryan,[quote]I suppose this is their idea of improving your service [/quote] Don't get me wrong, telstra have been very forward in offering to fill in as my new ISP. They even offered a very competitive transfer plan that would allow them to charge me an extra $200/month above my existing dialup plan. blink.gif Oh BTW they can't even provide ADSL even though I live in the metro area. laugh.gif

[quote]I did some more testing with the aspect ratio issue and have come to the conclusion that there is a bug in the aspect ratio overide option.[/quote]Thanks, I will have a look at this sometime.

[quote]Anyway, here are a few more decoders to add to the list:[/quote]Thanks again for them, I put them in the last build.

[quote]Also while testing I found Elecard's decoder had issues changing channels. The video gets corrupted and the only fix is to restart the graph This was with version 2, which I got with ProgDVB as well as v4 which I downloaded the trial to test.[/quote]I can see this also, I might look at adding in a value in the decoder list along with the force AR feature that will make the application restart the graph with each channel change for decoders that can't handle dynamic switching.

hi Richard,[quote]A quick question, how hard would it be to add signal strength/quality back into the DigitalWatch OSD (used to be the "Q" key)? I know not all drivers seem to support it properly, but for those that do it might help when we get some issues.[/quote]I will put it in the sometime list. One reason it's not in is that when using the spectrum drivers, its possible to lock the drivers out by accessing the tuner filter for the info if the drivers get into a funny state after hibernating. I will need to add some smart code to counter this before I will put it back in.

BTW does anyone need to use the kbd minimise function, if not I will remove it or move it so "Q" is back for use as the quality/strength.

[quote]Yesterday I was getting the picture stuttering every now and then, it turned out to be an antenna connection issue, but having the signal info displayed while watching DW would have helped. [/quote]You could use the latest ScanChannelsBDA, it has a signal indication feature for this purpose.

[quote]Any way of DW testing for the correct version at startup and warning if it's not correct? As this filter is critical for correct operation.[/quote]I can't think of one sorry, just ask MP group to update the filesource. else make a batch file that registers the new filter each time you open DWII.

Hi Vad,[quote]But with all builds I have a problem with screen offset by about 100 pixels down and 100 to the right within DW window. I've played aspect setting, but it didn't help. I'm using a different resolution to you. I'm on 720x576. Would that make a difference?[/quote]We in AU have the same, not sure why your getting this, are you using VRM9/7? if so is it ok using the Overlay? Might also help if you indicate what decoders your using. I am aware there are some issues using VRM9, please use the overlay if possible.

[quote]* Looking at your work with OSD, you can do quite complex setups now. So I was thinking could we get a ShellExecute function implemented in OSD. This will make it possible to call other apps from DW OSD menu.[/quote]what a good idea, I would then run concurrent batch files on recordings. I will add it into the sometime list. thanks.

[quote]* It would be really useful if DW OSD could display a full scrollable EPG info like WS in keyboard mode. With events triggered on selection.[/quote] I could see how this could be useful, I think it has already been suggested but what events would you want to have? ATM I'm trying to get the DVB-T engine stable and reliable with a few extra changes to make it a simple and easy to use viewer so I think there are others out there more qualified in xml to do that sort of development on DWII.

[quote]* Any chance of implementing DVB-S ? I realize that you (bear) probably don't have a satellite card, but I'm sure there are plenty of users that will test it for you, including me.[/quote]I think if I had satellite then it would already be in, I know that nate made DWII's framework easy to implement new DVB sources and while it sounds easy to implement, I would not have any idea how to implement the DVB-S code without existing examples to work with. This, added with the problem of trying to debug the new code would make it a nightmare for me I think. At this stage I'm not saying no, just saying it won't be done without a lot of help.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Jun 15 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #24

Guests

last night seemed to find a mute bug. muting and then trying to play sounds from other apps gives horrid buzzing, not always but sometimes.

just putting on the new ver now,

i did have my keys file setup as below so i could choose the network by the keyboard numbers. seems to ignore this now. has something changed. in a previous post you mentioned to add the original network id, or has this changed?

one other thing if i go to a network and choose a sub channel it does not remember after going to a different network. ie say one was timeshifting ABC2 for example then flicked to nine, flicking back to the ABC network gets whatever is the first ABC channel. Mine always starts on the first channel, seven, when opened also, normal?

oh and i can't believe you have no broadband, dialup, i feel your pain

+Quote Post
rpalmer68
post Jun 15 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #25

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,513
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

QUOTE (Spoonfed @ Jun 15 2006, 07:31 PM) *
i did have my keys file setup as below so i could choose the network by the keyboard numbers. seems to ignore this now. has something changed. in a previous post you mentioned to add the original network id, or has this changed?

Mine always starts on the first channel, seven, when opened also, normal?

I had to change the OriginalNetworkID in the keys file to the TransportStreamId this seemed to fix the hotkey changing issue.

To get the Remeber last Channel to work again after V71 install, I had to delete the channels.xml and rescan them all. (I also remove the entry in the settings.xml, but I doubt this had anything to do with it.)

Richard

+Quote Post
bear
post Jun 15 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #26

Forum Regular

hi spoonfed,
last night seemed to find a mute bug. muting and then trying to play sounds from other apps gives horrid buzzing, not always but sometimes.
I can't seem to reproduce it here with a few applications, any idea what plays up the most?

in a previous post you mentioned to add the original network id, or has this changed?
Yes it has changed as mentioned earlier, TSID value now replaces the ONID as richard has indicated. "remember last channel" should still be ok though, it was just the SetChannel() method in the OSD that changed.

one other thing if i go to a network and choose a sub channel it does not remember after going to a different network. ie say one was timeshifting ABC2 for example then flicked to nine, flicking back to the ABC network gets whatever is the first ABC channel. Mine always starts on the first channel, seven, when opened also, normal?
So are your saying we should have the OSD remember what the last service was selected for that network group so you can choose the network and then have it choose the last remembered service used in that group? If so do we need to save the setting file.

Also I have not implemented stream switching as such, although you can select it in timeshift/play modes with the "U" key. It will not remember the stream selected. I'm debating how to implement stream switching as an overall method, (is it really needed?) it may end up that the order of the streams will be swapped in the stream list so the one you want will always be remembered as the first one in the list, or done by using options in the settings menu for the various modes like AC3 preference, audio1/2 preference. Also once you get a channel that has multiple streams, do you want to change to the new media type or just keep the same. eg 9HD has AC3 only, 9 SD has both mpeg & AC3, if your watching 9HD and switch to 9SD do we want to keep using AC3 or switch to mpeg audio? ATM it will stick with the Audio type until it needs to change.

+Quote Post
uryan
post Jun 15 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #27

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,853

QUOTE (bear @ Jun 15 2006, 04:39 PM) *
hi uryan, Don't get me wrong, telstra have been very forward in offering to fill in as my new ISP. They even offered a very competitive transfer plan that would allow them to charge me an extra $200/month above my existing dialup plan. blink.gif Oh BTW they can't even provide ADSL even though I live in the metro area. laugh.gif
Oh, I have no doubt they were very quick to run up and offer their 'improved' plans. I also gathered that you had not taken them up on the offer. I am rather cynical about most things telstra these days. Actually, on this weeks local paper, the big headline on the frontpage is "Holroyd v Telstra." 'nuf said.

I can see this also, I might look at adding in a value in the decoder list along with the force AR feature that will make the application restart the graph with each channel change for decoders that can't handle dynamic switching.
That's funny, it now works fine on my system. I think it was the clean install on a different drive (having the same timeshift problems as spoonfed) that got it working.

BTW does anyone need to use the kbd minimise function, if not I will remove it or move it so "Q" is back for use as the quality/strength.
Ah, so that's what was confusing me when I saw that key in Keyboard Mappings.pdf and it just seemed to make the window disappear blink.gif

I can't think of one sorry, just ask MP group to update the filesource. else make a batch file that registers the new filter each time you open DWII.
Well you could find the location of the filter from the registry and read the version from the file itself (after checking for an overriding version in system32) or alternatively you could make a custom build with a different clsid

Also just one lil feature request to make setup easier: Would it be possible to read from the registry which filters are installed and skip over the ones that aren't (and maybe grey them out or hide them altogether). Also only show the filters which are applicable to the current menu (so you don't have to scroll over a million video filters when changing an audio filter)

+Quote Post
bear
post Jun 15 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #28

Forum Regular

hi uryan,
I also gathered that you had not taken them up on the offer.
No, considering I remember that at one time I owned a bit of telstra(we all did), back before the gov tried to sell my bit on my behalf without my consent to the highest bidder, back to me, and then pocket the money, I think anythings possible nowdays.

That's funny, it now works fine on my system. I think it was the clean install on a different drive (having the same timeshift problems as spoonfed) that got it working.
Interesting, thats two.

Ah, so that's what was confusing me when I saw that key in Keyboard Mappings.pdf and it just seemed to make the window disappear
I wanted to use a key for "Quiet" mode so I picked "Q" as it wasn't used at the time. The benift of using "Quiet" mode is to release the overlay mixer so other applications can use it. Only works on timeshift & play ATM.

Well you could find the location of the filter from the registry and read the version from the file itself (after checking for an overriding version in system32) or alternatively you could make a custom build with a different clsid
I'll think about it first for a bit.

Also just one lil feature request to make setup easier: Would it be possible to read from the registry which filters are installed and skip over the ones that aren't (and maybe grey them out or hide them altogether). Also only show the filters which are applicable to the current menu (so you don't have to scroll over a million video filters when changing an audio filter)
Yes, I did think about doing this but it became more difficult to code, in the end I just didn't think it was needed to be that selective since a user would only play once with the decoders at setup. I will add this to the sometime in the future list.

+Quote Post
anthonyshephard
post Jun 16 2006, 05:51 AM
Post #29

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,060

- Made some changes to fix the multiple audio stream problem when timeshifting. @anthony, if you could try this, thanks.
Well it works better than before. I get audio now and I can change channels while timeshifting. But timeshifting is still not perfect;
I can't change networks. It seems to stay on the same network. Log attached.
it takes about 3 seconds to get audio, and just before I get it the OSD displaying the wrong channel momentarily.
Sometimes when changing channels within the network I get the wrong channel for the OSD, i.e. I go up one from BBC ONE, should get BBC TWO. Get that on the OSD but actually get News 24!
Sometimes when swtiching between live and timeshift I get an error in appname digitalwatch.exe, modName ntdll.dll. Still runs in the background though, until you okay the error message.

Ordering by channels number works well.

That's after about half an hour. Should keep you busy... (sorry)

Anthony
Attached File(s)
Attached File  DigitalWatch.zip ( 3.02K ) Number of downloads: 27

+Quote Post
Guest_budge31_*
post Jul 3 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #30

Guests

Hi bear,

I am using DW2.0.7.2 on a newly built HTPC
I am have RADEON 9550 with the primary monitor being a 17inch CRT and the secondary monitor being a 32 inch widesreen tv (CRT).
Everything works really well, but I have not been able to work out how to get the OSD to display on the secondary monitor. Any sound advice?

+Quote Post
bear
post Jul 3 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #31

Forum Regular

hi budge31,

Any sound advice?
I don't have my TV connected ATM, but have a look in your ati properties config menus for the "overlay/clone mode options" and see if that helps.

+Quote Post
Guest_budge31_*
post Jul 3 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #32

Guests

Cheers mate, will do.

+Quote Post
garcot
post Jul 4 2006, 09:05 AM
Post #33

Participant

Member No.: 4,226

- Changed the SetChannel(ONID) method to SetChannel(TSID)

Hi Bear

Thank you for the TSID mod, it sorts out UK tv programme selection a treat. My global "keys.xml" is attached in case any folk using Crystal Palace are interested. I needed more than 10 serviceIds so have co-opted 0 to 9 number keys as well as the keypad.

One oddity has appeared since the version 68 that I was using previously. That is, in file playback, audio on mpeg files is fine but on TS files I get an video description track intended for people with limited vision. If I select F4 and high light Mpeg audio track* and "return", the normal sound track is restored but only for that recording. A new TS file and back to video description. How do I fix this?

I see Ver 73 appeared today, does this mean your ISP problems are sorted?

best wishes

PeterJ.

This post has been edited by garcot: Jul 4 2006, 09:07 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Keys.xml ( 3.22K ) Number of downloads: 29

+Quote Post
bear
post Jul 4 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #34

Forum Regular

hi garcot,
One oddity has appeared since the version 68 that I was using previously. That is, in file playback, audio on mpeg files is fine but on TS files I get an video description track intended for people with limited vision. If I select F4 and high light Mpeg audio track* and "return", the normal sound track is restored but only for that recording. A new TS file and back to video description. How do I fix this?
Thanks for the key.xml, every little bit helps.
As far as the audio problem, you need to check the TSFileSource property page to see if you have audio 2 prefered, if so then try unchecking the option and save. You can access the property page by pressing the "F" key while playing a file and selecting the filename entry button(bottom most). I think there may have been a parser fix in the TSFileSource that was previously worked around by choosing audio 2 preference.

I see Ver 73 appeared today, does this mean your ISP problems are sorted?
Yes, I had the ISP problem sorted some time ago but I've been busy and have only done a bit of what I want to do on DW2.0.7.3. It was put up for other reasons and is not ready as proper test release yet so it can still change.

+Quote Post
garcot
post Jul 4 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #35

Participant

QUOTE (bear @ Jul 4 2006, 05:48 AM) *
As far as the audio problem, you need to check the TSFileSource property page to see if you have audio 2 prefered, if so then try unchecking the option and save. You can access the property page by pressing the "F" key while playing a file and selecting the filename entry button(bottom most). I think there may have been a parser fix in the TSFileSource that was previously worked around by choosing audio 2 preference.

Hi Bear

Found that AC3 prefered was checked. Unchecked, correct sound appears, save (or apply), select the same ts file from main menu (or any other), sound back to AC3. ??

garcot

+Quote Post
bear
post Jul 4 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #36

Forum Regular

Found that AC3 prefered was checked. Unchecked, correct sound appears, save (or apply), select the same ts file from main menu (or any other), sound back to AC3. ??
ok, Looks like I have the AC3 preference forced within the DW application. I will look at changing it for you, I was going to start looking at the stream selection options within DWII but I can look at a early test release of 2.0.7.3.

+Quote Post
bear
post Jul 4 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #37

Forum Regular

Hi all, Just uploaded Version DWII 2.0.7.3 & SVN for testing.

bear:
Changes:
- Changed the TSFileSource AC3 Preference setting to disabled within the application.
- Changed the Timeshift file format to default to TS Mux.
- Add signal strength/quality back into the DigitalWatch OSD (used the "S" key).

TSFileSource Version 2.2.0.5 beta4
=================
bear:
- Added some code to parse the media subtype from the file if its less than 2mb. This is to help with cold starting of timeshift files.
- Added some code to help reduce HDD clogging.
- Added some code to allow playing the TSFileSink timeshift files from other locations i.e. over networks.
- Added a seperate buffer thread to the TSBuffer class, seems to now seek faster.
- Fixed a bug where it would not seek properly if the file had a pcr cross over.
- Updated the log fileWriter class with a buffer thread.
- Fixed a problem with the Demux code so the filter will now work better when changing streams.

+Quote Post
garcot
post Jul 5 2006, 08:00 AM
Post #38

Participant

QUOTE (bear @ Jul 4 2006, 12:42 PM) *
:
- Changed the TSFileSource AC3 Preference setting to disabled within the application.
- Add signal strength/quality back into the DigitalWatch OSD (used the "S" key).

TSFileSource Version 2.2.0.5 beta4

Hi Bear

Thanks for the TSfile fix, now when audio type is changed it stays changed. I like the signal and quality display in OSD on selecting new channels.

Not up to speed with TSFileSource, what is it?

garcot

+Quote Post
bear
post Jul 5 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #39

Forum Regular

hi garcot,
I like the signal and quality display in OSD on selecting new channels.
While it's good info to have I don't think that it's that important to have up all the time as it tends to stuff things about with the filtergraph i.e. little stops & starts. You can turn it off in the Settings.xml if you want.

Not up to speed with TSFileSource, what is it?
It's a directshow filter that DWII uses for the Timeshifting & file playback. I'm using DWII to help further develop the filter as a seperate project hence the changes to it.

+Quote Post
anthonyshephard
post Jul 9 2006, 05:17 AM
Post #40

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,060

QUOTE (bear @ Jul 4 2006, 09:42 PM) *
Hi all, Just uploaded Version DWII 2.0.7.3 & SVN for testing.

Hi Bear,
I'm still amazed by the program in normal TV mode, but still find a few problems in timeshift :-(
I haven't got a crash yet and it seems stable, but I get some stuttering after one channel change in Tshift. The first channel is okay, for example, turn on TS, BBC1 is selected (all fine), then change to BBC2 (stuttering starts), change back to BBC1 (stuttering again). It seems to improve the longer you stay on a channel after the change. This unfortunately makes Tshift unwatchable for me... is this the same problem Frodo is reporting I wonder?

Anthony

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2020 - 03:33 PM