IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How does HIP work?, Installed, configured and nothing works - I'm lost..
mwinther
post Nov 23 2010, 04:56 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,902
Card: None

Hi

Tried to install HIP today as i would like my receiver to be controlled from my MCE remote (RC6 / v2).

I installed HIP+MCE plugin, completed the wizard selecting MCE remote as input+output, loaded the MCE v2 command file and updated driver for remote. I'm running W7 btw.

Now, I'm not quite sure how this program should work. Do i need to start ehshell.exe through HIP for the program to function properly? Tried both, neither works.

When I'm trying to learn a new command from my receiver remote, HIP fails. About half a second after i press the "any" key a message pops up telling me that i was either too slow or an error has happened. My bet is on the latter as the timeout is set to 4000msecs. And yes, I've tried to "block" the ir-receiver with the same result. This is the first clue that makes me think that HIP doesn't really have contact with the ir-receiver.

The seconds clue comes from the fact that when I installed the HIP drivers, the remote stopped working. The red diode in the ir-receiver shows that it reads the transmission but the pc doesn't react. If i revert back to the std W7 drivers everything is back to normal function-wise. HIP still ignores everything..

Now, what have I done wrong during the process of installing/setting up HIP? Or what can I do to debug this?

Thx in advance

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PromptCritical
post Nov 24 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #2

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 13,896

I had to do some special stuff to get my receiver to work.

This page is a pain to find but it might help: http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm

+Quote Post
mwinther
post Nov 25 2010, 03:39 AM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 13,902

I've read that page and think I've done everything it said, still nothing works. The only time i got a response from HIP was with the regular driver and input method set to keyboard.. I never managed to get HIP to read/accept input from the remote. The TestHID program worked perfectly tho...

I tried the IR Server Suite and used the attached program Translator. The thing worked right out of the box, all i had to do was to learn one command from either remote and now everything works like a charm smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2017 - 03:11 PM