IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dual Tuner issues
Guest_digs_*
post Jul 3 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #1

Guests

hi, I'm new to this DTV scene and I've just set up a media centre on a windows OS, running Sagetv v6.3 with a DVICO Fusion DVB-T Dual TV card installed and an MCE USB remote.

At the moment, Sage isn't recognising my TV card is a Dual Tuner - as I want to record + watch different channels but currently I'm unable.

Does anyone have any expertise in dual tuners and how I can get Sagetv to recognise I have a dual tuner? Can anyone give me some pointers to get this issue resolved?

I found this on the media centre device manager:

should the Dual Tuner be listed twice?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mareke
post Jul 4 2008, 07:09 AM
Post #2

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,823
Card: None

I have a similar issue. I have been unable to consistently get rid of the yellow exclamation mark against one of the references to ‘FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)’ in Device Manager. Strangely if I disable the reference in Device Manager so it has a red cross against it I can get Picture in Picture so both channels play but when I do temporarily manage to remove the yellow exclamation mark the picture in picture doesn’t work and only one channel works properly. I gave up trying to fix the problem and presumed it was a fault in the card and I run the card with one of the references in Device manager disabled and use the card as a single channel card.

+Quote Post
Lokiel
post Jul 4 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 7,701
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

I've had this "Device cannot start" error too with a DVICO Dual Digital 4 tuner.

I tried updating drivers, swapping the cards to different slots and could never figure out why the problem occurred or how it actually cleared itself. The card was solid for long periods and would occasionally suffer this error.

Eventually I stumbled upon a response that indicated it was actually a USB problem (the DVICO Dual Digital 4 tuners use a USB interface).

When you get this problem, turn OFF your machine and unplug it from the wall - that last bit is important. Wait about 30 seconds, restart the machine and confirm whether or not all devices start. This always works for me.

I run my HTPC 24/7 and often use a USB stick to upgrade it or plug other USB devices in and out of it. I'm just guessing here but it seems that when USB devices are added, they get assigned a unique ID from a limited set of cyclic IDs. Eventually you traverse all IDs and it recycles back to an existing ID that is actually in use (by your DVICO card) and causes it to fail. Powering off your MB completely seems to reset everything back to its initial state.

I used to occasionally have problems with my wireless keyboard too and needed to swap the USB receiver to another USB port to get it to function again. This too can be explained by the USB problem described above.

--------------------
Don't worry about dying,
Worry about not living!

+Quote Post
therat
post Jul 5 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,165
Card: DNTV Quad

What version of FusionHDTV do you have installed? 3.63.01 is the best but I think the latest 3.68.01 is the only version that works with Vista SP1.

+Quote Post
mareke
post Jul 5 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #5

Participant

QUOTE (Lokiel @ Jul 4 2008, 12:55 PM) *
I've had this "Device cannot start" error too with a DVICO Dual Digital 4 tuner.

I tried updating drivers, swapping the cards to different slots and could never figure out why the problem occurred or how it actually cleared itself. The card was solid for long periods and would occasionally suffer this error.

Eventually I stumbled upon a response that indicated it was actually a USB problem (the DVICO Dual Digital 4 tuners use a USB interface).

When you get this problem, turn OFF your machine and unplug it from the wall - that last bit is important. Wait about 30 seconds, restart the machine and confirm whether or not all devices start. This always works for me.

I run my HTPC 24/7 and often use a USB stick to upgrade it or plug other USB devices in and out of it. I'm just guessing here but it seems that when USB devices are added, they get assigned a unique ID from a limited set of cyclic IDs. Eventually you traverse all IDs and it recycles back to an existing ID that is actually in use (by your DVICO card) and causes it to fail. Powering off your MB completely seems to reset everything back to its initial state.

I used to occasionally have problems with my wireless keyboard too and needed to swap the USB receiver to another USB port to get it to function again. This too can be explained by the USB problem described above.

I tried turning my computer off and unplugging it and while I was able to get both references to ‘FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)’ in Device Manager to work it caused other problems. Sometimes on opening FusionHDTV there would be no TV signal detected and I repeatedly got several error messages about programs that create tray icons on booting into Windows not working. In the end I went back to disabling one of the references to ‘FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)’ in Device Manager so the card works like a single channel card. This way I am able to get the other programs that create a tray icon to work. I had an earlier Dvico card, the first model that was dual channel and it used a USB cable from the back of the card to a USB port and never struck these sort of problems. The drivers for this card cause problems which I doubt Dvico would be prepared to try and fix given that clashes with other software programs seem to be involved so I use the card with one of the references to ‘FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)’ in Device Manager disabled.

I'm using Windows XP and version 3.68.00 but have also tried several earlier versions of FusionHDTV and have struck the same problems. The way the twin tuners work using USB with this card seems to cause these problems. For me disabling one reference in Device manager is a compromise that gets the card working as a single channel card and allows other programs that create tray icons to work.

+Quote Post
Lokiel
post Jul 7 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #6

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 7,701
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

I use XP+SP3 and have found the 3.62.01 drivers the best. Have you tried this driver?

--------------------
Don't worry about dying,
Worry about not living!

+Quote Post
mareke
post Jul 9 2008, 01:21 AM
Post #7

Participant

QUOTE (Lokiel @ Jul 7 2008, 03:07 PM) *
I use XP+SP3 and have found the 3.62.01 drivers the best. Have you tried this driver?

I tried installing Windows XP Service Pack 3 and going back to FusionHDTV 3.62.01 and it made no difference. The same old problems were evident. Whenever I get both references to ‘FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)’ in Device Manager to work without a yellow mark against one of them I either get no TV signal or other errors occurring. The no signal message that comes up on the screen refers to the main channel but the sub-channel displays a normal picture using picture in picture. Disabling one channel allows the channel that works properly to display. One driver and its corresponding channel don’t work consistently. Disabling one reference to ‘FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)’ in Device Manager and using the card as a single channel card at least gets the card working so I can consistently have one channel working and record TV programs on the working channel. Either the design of the card or drivers are flawed so the card only works as a single channel card on my computer.

+Quote Post
therat
post Jul 9 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

DVICO recommend fusionhdtv 3.63.01 for their dual tuner cards with winXP.

I suggest doing the following:

Turn off and unplug your computer for more than 10 minutes.
Turn on computer
Do a clean install of winXP SP2.
Install fusionhdtv 3.63.01 and set up
Install SP3

worked for me

+Quote Post
Guest_otisand_*
post Jul 23 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (therat @ Jul 9 2008, 12:52 PM) *

Turn on computer
Install SP3

worked for me

Both my Dvico tuner cards were working sooooo sweet until installing Windows SP3 and/or 3.68 version, not they both crash and crash, no matter what version in reinstall.
WOuld I have to uninstall SP3, install Dvico, them SP3...bit scary.
As said my Dvicos were working sooo welll and coverting to MPEG no probs, all settings fine and I was able to convert MPEGs to smaller WMVs no probs, this doesn't work anyore either, the audio is out of sync.
WHy are Tv tuner cards so full of woe!? blink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_otisand_*
post Jul 23 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (therat @ Jul 9 2008, 12:52 PM) *

Turn on computer
Install SP3

worked for me

FusionHDTV 3.68.02 Beta version has been released

I logged in to Dvico customer support and posted this Q...
Hi there,
Both my Dvico dual tuner crads have crashed after i installed WIndows Service Pack 3 and the 3.68 verson of fusionhdtv software. I can get Dvico TV cards working at all now, they worked perfectly before the SP3, 3.68 version.
I have tried many things to fix but both my tuners are getting worse.
Can you help?
Please help.
Ian

Got this reply!!!!
Hi.
Sorry about all your inconveniences.
We released the 3.68.02 version.
Please install this version in advance.
http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/Eng/boards/MyQ...=13961&pg=1
If you still have the problem, please reply again.
Thanks.

I'm going to try this! I'll let you if it returns my Dvico to its glory. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_otisand_*
post Jul 23 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #11

Guests

QUOTE (otisand @ Jul 23 2008, 01:16 PM) *
FusionHDTV 3.68.02 Beta version has been released

I logged in to Dvico customer support and posted this Q...
Hi there,
Both my Dvico dual tuner crads have crashed after i installed WIndows Service Pack 3 and the 3.68 verson of fusionhdtv software. I can get Dvico TV cards working at all now, they worked perfectly before the SP3, 3.68 version.
I have tried many things to fix but both my tuners are getting worse.
Can you help?
Please help.
Ian

Got this reply!!!!
Hi.
Sorry about all your inconveniences.
We released the 3.68.02 version.
Please install this version in advance.
If you still have the problem, please reply again.
Thanks.

I'm going to try this! I'll let you if it returns my Dvico to its glory. unsure.gif

ABOVE DOES NOT WORK
This did nothing but made things worse
Got AUTHENTICATE ERROR
Authentification failed at decoder.
Can you still help?

+Quote Post
mareke
post Jul 25 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #12

Participant

QUOTE (otisand @ Jul 23 2008, 03:20 PM) *
ABOVE DOES NOT WORK
This did nothing but made things worse
Got AUTHENTICATE ERROR
Authentification failed at decoder.
Can you still help?

The authenticate error is also something I experienced and another reason why I disabled one reference to ‘FusionHDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT-DUAL)’ in Device Manager to make the card work like a single channel card. I got sick of one problem after another and found that this was the easiest way to get the card to work so that I could at least record one TV program or watch one channel.

Postscript:
Dvico reveals at one of its web pages (see the link below) that there are two versions of the DVB-T Dual Digital4 card-an original (green PCB) Revision 1 version card and a later (black PCB) Revision 2 version card. The Revision 2 card should work with any drivers including the latest 3.68.00 Windows Vista drivers but this is not the case if you have the original Revision 1 card. The card I have is an original (green PCB) Revision 1 card and I suspect that the reason why my card has failed to work properly despite trying numerous drivers is due to a flawed (or at least less than ideal) design for this card which Dvico fixed with the Revision 2 version of the card. I'm guessing that the original Revision 1 card is also the card that many people experiencing problems have. My suspicions about a less than ideal design is supported by what Dvico reveals here:

http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/Eng/Support/FA...4&SCATID=50

At this page Dvico idicate that if you have the later Revision 2 card you can use any drivers including the latest 3.68.00 Vista compatible drivers. This suggests that a design flaw in the revision 1 card was fixed in the revision 2 version. If however you have the Revision 1 card Dvico recommend using the 3.63.01 drivers and provide a link for people with the Revision 1 card to download the 3.63.01 drivers on their own without the accompanying FusionHDTV application and explain the procedure for installing the 3.63.01 drivers while still being able to use the latest version of FusionHDTV (currently 3.68.00). Since installing the 3.63.01 drivers that Dvico specifically recommend for the Revision 1 version of the Dual Digital4 card my card now works properly for the first time since I bought it. For the Revision 1 version of the card the 3.63.01 Windows XP drivers look to be the only ones that currently work properly with the card and even these drivers are not perfect. After working properly for a long time with the 3.63.01 drivers my card started malfunctioning (with a no signal message and other error messages just like I got with all the other drivers I tried) and the only way I could get it to work again was by laboriously uninstalling FusionHDTV and reinstalling the program and then the 3.63.01 drivers. If my suspicion of a less than perfect design is correct owners of the original Revision 1 card have a card that currently only works properly (most of the time) with one very specific (3.63.01) Windows XP driver package and may not work properly with Windows Vista. With Windows Vista you could try using the 3.63.01 drivers to see if they work with Vista and if they don't then try the latest Vista drivers and use the card as a single channel card by disabling one of the references to the card in Device Manager as I did before discovering that the 3.63.01 drivers made the card work properly (as a dual channel card) with Windows XP.

At the web page Dvico recommends using the 3.63.01 driver 'at the moment' inferring that they are working on the issue and presumably trying to develop properly working Vista drivers for the Revision 1 card. It remains to be seen what Dvico will do if they can’t develop properly working Vista drivers because the original Revision 1 card has a flawed design (most likely nothing unless a lot of people complain).

+Quote Post
Guest_Samuel123_*
post Sep 14 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #13

Guests

I've followed all the steps set out above (re-installed the software, loaded the 3.63.01 drivers) to fix my Dual Digital 2 card but I still get "This device can not start" errors.

Does anybody know what else I can do to fix it?

+Quote Post
mareke
post Sep 14 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #14

Participant

QUOTE (Samuel123 @ Sep 14 2008, 01:25 PM) *
I've followed all the steps set out above (re-installed the software, loaded the 3.63.01 drivers) to fix my Dual Digital 2 card but I still get "This device can not start" errors.

Does anybody know what else I can do to fix it?

When I had a problem with the card I completely uninstalled FusionHDTV using an uninstaller (Ashampoo Uninstaller) that had previously monitored the initial install and I also used a utility Dvico provided that uninstalls remnants of FusionHDTV that may be left behind when using Windows Add or Remove programs to uninstall it. I then installed FusionHDTV again from scratch. After doing this I discovered that because Windows still had a signed driver stored from a previous earlier version of FusionHDTV it automatically used this driver because it was signed instead of the proper (unsigned) 3.63.01 drivers so I manually installed the 3.63.01 drivers. The card has pretty much worked properly since. I also disabled the remote and removed it from the system tray as I never use it anyway and my impression is that part of the design fault the card seems to have may involve the remote and the dual channels interfering with each other. I've also found that following an earlier person's suggestion and turning the computer off at the power point and waiting 30 seconds can fix some problems such as one of the channels not working (indicated by a yellow exclamation mark against one of the references to Dvico in Device Manager).

+Quote Post
Guest_digs_*
post Oct 9 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #15

Guests

I continue to have issues as illustrated in my first post. I messaged DVICO and they referred me to this FAQ which doesn't help as I have XP with SP3. I adapted the instructions as best as I could but continue to have this USB error:

Although, I haven’t had any luck in getting the “dual” part of the tuner working, 1 Tuner works great, 100% signal quality, 100% signal strength. Device manager continues to show a "USB error" and only installs 1 tuner from the card. I've tried 3.68, 3.67.01, 3.63.01, with no success. When I uninstall the program/drivers/card this USB problem goes away.

I think my plight may be connected to this link in particular. I've looked inside my computer and can't find a RED,WHITE,GREEN,BLACK cable to plug in like it says.

Any suggestions?

+Quote Post
therat
post Oct 9 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #16

Forum Regular

It looks as if the driver installation is only installing one tuner driver rather than two. Have you tried manually installing the driver for the USB device with the yellow ?. Worth a try especially with fusionhdtv 3.63.01

As I said in an earlier post, the only way I could get my dual digital to work with SP3 was to do a clean install of winXP SP2, then install fusionhdtv 3.63.01 and set it up and running. Then install SP3.

+Quote Post
mareke
post Oct 12 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #17

Participant

QUOTE (digs @ Oct 9 2008, 02:02 PM) *
I continue to have issues as illustrated in my first post. I messaged DVICO and they referred me to this FAQ which doesn't help as I have XP with SP3. I adapted the instructions as best as I could but continue to have this USB error:

Although, I haven’t had any luck in getting the “dual” part of the tuner working, 1 Tuner works great, 100% signal quality, 100% signal strength. Device manager continues to show a "USB error" and only installs 1 tuner from the card. I've tried 3.68, 3.67.01, 3.63.01, with no success. When I uninstall the program/drivers/card this USB problem goes away.

I think my plight may be connected to this link in particular. I've looked inside my computer and can't find a RED,WHITE,GREEN,BLACK cable to plug in like it says.

Any suggestions?

The cable you referred to is not the cause of the problem. The only cables the Dual Digital 4 card comes with are the remote control cable and a connector with red and black cables to bring the computer out of standby or start the computer from a completely-off state to do a scheduled recording. I don’t use this connector as the card does scheduled recordings from standby with Windows XP or Vista without needing to install it. The red, white, green, black cable you referred to is an internal USB connector for the first model dual digital tuner card that Dvico came out with. This internal cable was included as an alternative to using an external USB cable connected from a USB port on the end of the card to a USB port on the backplate of the motherboard to allow the second tuner to work. The latest Dvico dual digital cards don’t use this type of system and no cable like the one you referred to is required. You would know if you had the earlier model card that employed this no longer used method for making the second tuner work because there would be a USB port on the end of your Dual Digital card. If your card only has a connector for the TV aerial coax cable and a hole for the remote control cable then your card is not the earlier model card that used this type of system.

I’ve had exactly the same problem with Device Manager showing 'USB Device' in yellow instead of the correct reference to the second tuner and it’s solvable. This problem is one of many that can occur due to the design flaw that the Revision 1 card has resulting in only one tuner working properly unless the recommended 3.63.01 drivers are correctly installed. Based on my experience the procedure for getting both tuners to work on the Revision 1 card is basically the same regardless of the specific error. If your card is the green PCB Revision 1 card the latest FusionHDTV 3.68.04 automatically installs the recommended 3.63.01 drivers provided you choose the right model (green PCB Revision 1 Dual Digital 4) card at the beginning of the installation process. If after installing FusionHDTV 3.68.04 it still shows 'USB Device' in yellow in Device Manager try turning your computer off at the power point for 30 seconds. If this doesn't fix it try installing the recommended 3.63.01 drivers manually as suggested and then turning your computer off at the power point for 30 seconds. It's important by the way that if you manually install the recommended 3.63.01 drivers you do it for both references to Dvico in Device Manager, not just the one in Device Manager in yellow with the problem, otherwise the card still won’t work properly. If after installing Fusion HDTV you restarted the computer but turned it off at the power point for 30 secs before turning it on do this again a second time. Any time you have a problem with one of the tuners not working this should be one of the first things you try as turning the computer off at the power point appears to result in the computer rechecking the USB devices and reassigning the Dvico drivers correctly and can fix the problem. I don’t think you need to install Fusion HDTV and the drivers before installing Windows XP Service Pack 3 as I’ve completely uninstalled FusionHDTV including drivers and done a fresh install from scratch after installing Service Pack 3 and the card has worked fine.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 09:36 AM