> Webscheduler and DVICO cards
weevil
post Mar 23 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 9,245
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Pro

In another thread Paulp said that Webscheduler will not work with a DVICO card with drivers beyond version 3.3.

I talked to Shaun Webscheduler about this but it was news to him.

All the other apps seem to work okay on my system but Webscheduler does not find any Programs when it auto scans.

Anyone have experience with this sort of issue?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Max Perry
post Mar 24 2008, 11:44 AM
Post #2

Participant

Member No.: 5,057
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

QUOTE (weevil @ Mar 24 2008, 12:11 AM) *
In another thread Paulp said that Webscheduler will not work with a DVICO card with drivers beyond version 3.3.

I talked to Shaun Webscheduler about this but it was news to him.

All the other apps seem to work okay on my system but Webscheduler does not find any Programs when it auto scans.

Anyone have experience with this sort of issue?

I have a DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual tuner card - the old type that uses a USB port for the second tuner. Driver for the USB tuner is from DVICO dated 22/06/2007, version 6.1.13.0. Driver for the Unified AVStream tuner isfrom DVICO dated 25/07/2007, version 6.1.0.1.

This set up is working with Webscheduler - auto scans Australia/Wollongong channels OK.

Occasionally when I record two programs at the same time, one will fail for reasons unknown mad.gif

--------------------
Max

+Quote Post
weevil
post Mar 24 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #3

Participant

QUOTE (Max Perry @ Mar 24 2008, 11:44 AM) *
I have a DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual tuner card - the old type that uses a USB port for the second tuner. Driver for the USB tuner is from DVICO dated 22/06/2007, version 6.1.13.0. Driver for the Unified AVStream tuner isfrom DVICO dated 25/07/2007, version 6.1.0.1.

This set up is working with Webscheduler - auto scans Australia/Wollongong channels OK.

Occasionally when I record two programs at the same time, one will fail for reasons unknown mad.gif

Cheers Max,

That’s Interesting, so it is not all DVICO tuners.

I should point out that I have a DVB-Pro and am in XP.

Anyone with this setup successfully running webscheduler?

Has anybody else had the ‘No Program found’ error with webscheduler and not with other apps?

+Quote Post
Guest_cral42_*
post Apr 7 2008, 08:31 AM
Post #4

Guests

I have the new Dual express and it does not work well with WS.
A channel scan finds all the channels as channel 10. With my old card ( the very first card to be released ) the other branded card even not DVICO branded it works great. Scans the channels and records the correct channel.
If I scan the channels with the old card finding them all correctly but then the second tuner on the Dual express tried to record something it only records channel 10. It even records around 20 small files not a single one like the old card.
If you want to use WS I suggest staying away from DVICO cards at the moment.

This sucks arse though as I bought the new card specifically so I could record 2 channels and watch one if i needed.

I hope the problem is fixed ASAP
PS: Sydney
Vista Home Premium
Intel e8400
8800gt
2gb DDR3

+Quote Post
weevil
post Apr 7 2008, 08:54 AM
Post #5

Participant

The 3.66.01 drivers seem to have fixed this problem for me.
The FusionTV app still crashes every 20 min or so (sigh) but WS now seems pretty stable.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Apr 7 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,988

I run 3.63.01 Drivers with 3 Dvico DVB-T Pluses and 1 Dvico DVB-T Gold/Pro and Webscheduler 5.X (all versions),

and have absolutely zero issues with any of the cards or recordings in Webscheduler. Never miss any recordings, never split files etc,

typically recording 50 shows per week.

+Quote Post
Guest_cral42_*
post Apr 7 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (Calvi @ Apr 7 2008, 11:04 AM) *
I run 3.63.01 Drivers with 3 Dvico DVB-T Pluses and 1 Dvico DVB-T Gold/Pro and Webscheduler 5.X (all versions),

and have absolutely zero issues with any of the cards or recordings in Webscheduler. Never miss any recordings, never split files etc,

typically recording 50 shows per week.

I never had a prob with a Dvb-t, USB, and a compro 700. I just have probs now with the Dual express.
The only reason i went Dual express was limited PCI slots on my new board

+Quote Post
Max Perry
post May 7 2008, 09:26 AM
Post #8

Participant

I currently have dual boot XP and VISTA on my PC, and a FusionHDTBV Dual Digital card.
When I installed the latest version of FusionHDTV (3.68) XP was recording fine on both cards in WebScheduler. But under VISTA the USB Bluebird card, although recognised, refused to record in WS.

MY WORK-AROUND FOR VISTA:
Uninstall 3.68
Install 3.63
Copy the 3.63 driver file bluebird.sys from Windows\System32\Drivers into My Documents.
Uninstall 3.63
Install 3.68
Copy bluebird.sys from My Documents to Windows\System32\Drivers

WS now records on both tuners! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Max

+Quote Post
dazzermighty
post Jun 19 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #9

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,191

QUOTE (Max Perry @ May 7 2008, 09:26 AM) *
Copy bluebird.sys from (anywhere you have the drivers) to Windows\System32\Drivers

Thanks for that worked for XP pro,with dntv card + divico plus card install that was driving me nuts just couldn't get the dvico installed this trick of coping straight into system32 driver folder did it no problems

now after testing ready to set up the dual compro card +dntv card + 2*divico plus card beast

+Quote Post
Max Perry
post Nov 11 2008, 10:45 AM
Post #10

Participant

I have reinstalled Vista a few times since my post in May 2008, and have discovered another easier method of getting WebScheduler to use both tuners.

1. Install FusionHDTV as normal.
2. Install Webscheduler.
3. At this point WS recognises the USB tuner, bur will not use it to record.
4. Run Windows Media Centre. Record 2 programs on different channels at the same time. It does do it. Close WMC.
5. Run WebScheduler and try to record 2 programs on different channels at the same time. For me it now works huh.gif

Go figure that one out!

--------------------
Max

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 11:20 PM