IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dvico dual and Windows 7 - a marriage made in Hell, ongoing issues with dvico dual digital, Vista and Win7
burningpanda
post Nov 13 2009, 08:02 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,741
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Pro

I've had it with Dvico.
Gigabyte P35 based board/8800GT - ongoing issues with loss of one of the tuners (largely resolved with every new driver released) in Vista. Then started getting recording problems a month or 2 ago.. loss of signal or garbled recordings in MCE that wouldn't play back. Reinstalls/change drivers to little effect...problems would recur. Didn't like Vista much anyway... install brand new Windows 7 (32 bit).
Everything else flawless but the tv tuner problem returns... installs fine, works well (changing channels at lightning speed...not the locking up, taking forever, lack of signal in Vista) but then missed recording, no signal etc. Drivers latest 3.81. This is a home theater setup - not a general workhorse.
Change card (have 2 of the damn things)... no change.
ok... change mboard to brand new P45 Asus P5Q SE2 and ATI 4670. Reinstall Win 7, check there's enough ventilation in case, 2 gig brand name RAM is okay, brand name 480W power supply. Install flawless, single tv card with both tuners recognised - latest DVICO 3.81 drivers. Within 2 days live tv starts to stutter and lock up. Signal strength is Zero... reboot and signal strength is near 100% at 28+ dB. Change to internal aerial anyway... same problem. Locked up the system to the point of requiring system restore.
Today an Avermedia PCI-e card is going in. I've read of the PCI bus not being able to handle 2 tuners on one card as a possible reason, i don't know about that. When i looked at a new tuner card many retailers were still selling obsolete PCI based cards several years old. Looking at forums like this you'd wonder why.
fingers crossed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2019 - 09:49 AM