IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problems with X10 and HIP
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 9 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Guests

I just received my X10 remote and have tried to set it up with HIP. I have the latest build installed and also have the ATIPlugin installed (just unzipped the zip file to my HIP directory). I can't get it to work in HIP, and it's not coming up with anything using CheckScanCodes. The driver for the USB transceiver is installed. Does anyone have any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Apr 10 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Guests

I just received my X10 remote and have tried to set it up with HIP. I have the latest build installed and also have the ATIPlugin installed (just unzipped the zip file to my HIP directory). I can't get it to work in HIP, and it's not coming up with anything using CheckScanCodes. The driver for the USB transceiver is installed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Have you got the ATI Remote software installed and running? Installing the ATI software installs the ATI driver, and the systray applet listens to the driver. You need to install the plug in into the ATI applet. The readme that Peter included with the plug in described the process (but if it is unclear, please let me know, because I wrote it - and the plug in). I'm not sure how it would work with the software/driver you got with your X-10. I've PM's you my e-mail - e-mail me your software and drivers if you want me to take a look at them.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 10 2004, 04:47 PM
Post #3

Guests

No, I don't have the ATi software installed - I didn't realise I had to. I'll have a look at the ATi website and try to find it (Didn't want to post a link, did ya? wink.gif). I haven't looked at it since - things have been really busy the past few days.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 10 2004, 05:16 PM
Post #4

Guests

I've just had a look at the readme - something I probably should have done in the first place!!!! I downloaded the ATI remote control software for the Remote Wonder II, is this correct? I might try and get home tomorrow to try it out, hopefully I will have some luck.

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Apr 10 2004, 09:46 PM
Post #5

Guests

Try this first - http://www2.ati.com/drivers/remote-wonder-...0-1-english.exe - it's for the remote wonder (rather than the RW II).

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 13 2004, 10:42 AM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

As this device comes with a Girder pluggin, you can follows these steps to use Girder to control HIP:

1) In Girder, make sure the pluggins "SendMessage" and the one for the X10 are loaded (you do not need the Internet Server option).

2) Make sure HIP is running with the Generic Plugin device and the Main Screen is shown (eg the program is not minimized).

3) In Girder, click the ADD COMMAND option (Ctrl-A)

4) Under the Plugins page of the device select the SendMessage option.

5) With the Target button, set the Class Name to "TFormHipMain" (the other options are not required).

6) Under the "Settings" option enter the following:
Message Number: 1225
WParam: 1??? where ??? is a number between 001-999 (each command must have a different number eg 1001, 1002 etc)
Use Post Message should be CHECKED.

7) Now learn the event for your device.

This may be the easiest way to go for the moment until I can find a more direct route.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 16 2004, 02:33 AM
Post #7

Guests

Hi Peter,

I had a go at this tonight. I am close I think, but I didn't get it working. When I got down to step 6, there was no Use Post Message option on that screen (or any other that I could see). Other than what you have listed at that point, I had an IParam line, then a checkbox with "Save result in the Girder variable" and a box next to that to input a value. I learnt an event for one button on my remote, and it is being detected by girder, but how do I get it to go through to HIP (I assume this is what the whole point is, right?)

I am using girder 3.2.9b btw.

Cheers,

Paul.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 16 2004, 09:38 AM
Post #8

Forum Regular

I had a go at this tonight. I am close I think, but I didn't get it working. When I got down to step 6, there was no Use Post Message option on that screen (or any other that I could see). Other than what you have listed at that point, I had an IParam line, then a checkbox with "Save result in the Girder variable" and a box next to that to input a value. I learnt an event for one button on my remote, and it is being detected by girder, but how do I get it to go through to HIP (I assume this is what the whole point is, right?)

The version of the SendMessage pluggin I have is v1.54.

The fact that there is no PostMessage is probably not an issue as SendMessage will work (the difference between the 2 is that PostMessage will add the command the message queue whereas SendMessage will execute immediately. I believe the former is much safer in most situations).

The Save result in Girder Variable is NOT used (and so may be unchecked).

My screen looks like this:

Also check that your Target options looks like this (note that the ONLY item checked is Class Name)

Once that is done and Girder is receiving events, you must now Teach HIP to use this command. First check that you have the "Generic Interface" installed, and either edit or add a new action and you will be prompted to learn a key. Pressing your remote now should work.

Peter

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 16 2004, 01:24 PM
Post #9

Forum Regular

There was one other important setting in the Target Selector window that was not mentioned before...

The "Match Invsible Tasks" (sic) checkbox should also be checked.

Use the "Find" button to check that it is working OK.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 16 2004, 01:33 PM
Post #10

Guests

Thanks Peter. Tested on one button, and it works like a charm! Will try and get all buttons configured over the weekend.

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Apr 16 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #11

Guests

Good work, guys. As you know, I don't have much playtime at the moment, but was having a quick read of the forums while waiting for some images to process.

BJ

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 19 2004, 01:30 PM
Post #12

Guests

I have now got all buttons on my X10 remote being sent to HIP via girder using the steps outlined by Peter. For all you X10 remote users (including people with ATi remotes), you can download the girder GML file from Peter's website www.byremote.com.au. You will have to navigate to the HIP downloads section (software -> HIP downloads). Note that the OK and enter, and PC and D, buttons send the same command to girder from the X10, so these have been left off the list.

I used girder version 3.2.9b and the X10/ATi plugin to get this all to work.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 20 2004, 12:39 AM
Post #13

Guests

Hi Peter,

I'm having a couple of small problems with the generic interface. First of all, the system wide keys list is deleted upon reboot when HIP is running. Secondly, some of the system wide keys don't work, such as the mouse controls and system shutdown, even though they are defined in the list. Others, such as volume up and down and mute, work fine.

Cheers,

Paul.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 20 2004, 11:20 AM
Post #14

Forum Regular

I'm having a couple of small problems with the generic interface. First of all, the system wide keys list is deleted upon reboot when HIP is running. Secondly, some of the system wide keys don't work, such as the mouse controls and system shutdown, even though they are defined in the list. Others, such as volume up and down and mute, work fine.

There are always problems when you are on the cutting edge...

I have fixed these problems in the current build (13) available in the website now.

The second issue forced me to look at these commands individually, and I had to cull the list (some are only available now from the Enhanced Controller). This also required a bit of code juggling which can often lead to other problems, and so if you can download this build and let me know ASAP if you have any problems.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 20 2004, 01:05 PM
Post #15

Guests

Thanks Peter, I'll have a look at it tonight and report on how it goes.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 20 2004, 11:47 PM
Post #16

Guests

Seems to be working fine Peter. I haven't tested the mouse controls but the shutdown button works, and everything is saved upon reboot.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 21 2004, 09:39 AM
Post #17

Forum Regular

Thanks Paul....let me know if you uncover anything else.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 11:31 PM