Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DigitalWatch 0.70
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 14 2004, 02:32 PM
Post #41

Guests

Is there any way to tell $(NaNProgram[n]) not to centre the text but instead allign on the left? I'm also having problems (doesn't show anything on screen) with $(NaNTime[n]) and $(NaNDescription[n]). Are they implemented yet?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #42

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Is there any way to tell $(NaNProgram[n]) not to centre the text but instead allign on the left?

DrawText("$(NaNProgram[0])", 50, -1, -1, 4, 0x0000FFFF, Arial)
xPos
- the horizontal placement in % of window width
yPos
- the vertical placement in % of window height
[b]xRef
- 1 to align the right edge of the text with xPos
- 0 to align the centre of the text with xPos
- -1 to align the left edge of the text with xPos
[b]yRef
- 1 to align the bottom edge of the (*first line of) text with yPos
- 0 to align the centre of the text with yPos
- -1 to align the top edge of the text with yPos

* - this isn't how i intended it. I am going to change it so that it's the centre of all the lines of text.

I'm also having problems (doesn't show anything on screen) with $(NaNTime[n]) and $(NaNDescription[n]). Are they implemented yet?
Implemented yes. tested no.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_JoeyBloggs_*
post Apr 14 2004, 03:01 PM
Post #43

Guests

Joey, how long will this code for 'per pixel de-interlacing' take to implement within DW?  I know the Nvidia filters have an option to use Overlay, VMR7 and VMR9 - I havnt seen a setting like that in Cyberlink or Intervideo codecs.

IF 'per pixel de-interlacing' can be done properly without a loss in stability - I would buy a Radeon 9600 in a flash - no doubt about it.

I havnt had a chance to try out the new version of DW yet but sounds great, cant wait to get home!

Unknown ? I've been meaning to get back to it but... I'm quite happy to give Nate the code fragments to try and implement it in DW if he want's to.

It's not really up to the decoder filters as to whether they use VMR7/9 .

The programmer can specify what video renderer to use. Prior to XP the old Video Render takes priority. With XP VMR takes priority. However you can use Video Renderer / VMR7 / VMR9 on any platform that supports DX9.

Using VMR doesn't necessarily fix anything. It will quite happily display interlaced or deinterlaced input streams from the decoder without any further processing taking place.

Quite what is necessary to invoke the per pixel adaptive deinterlacing i'm not really on top of yet. I have been trying to change deinterlacing on the fly by pausing the graph, disconnecting and negotiating a reconnect with a specified media format without much success so far.

A far simpler method will probably be to just setup the filters before you initially connect or render them.

+Quote Post
Ambro
post Apr 14 2004, 03:40 PM
Post #44

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 424

That doesn't seem to change it either
Weird.

Will the video decoder change?

Can you try commenting out all the AudioDecoderEntry and VideoDecoderEntry lines in channels.ini and then see if you can get manual changes to work then?

I have the same problem, having noticed it first with the 'video decoder entry' not being updated. Things like 'set volume' seem to work; however video and audio don't work. If I manually change the video decoder and refresh the screen DW changes it to my selection. So its only the channel.ini me tinks .......

I've also noticed that extremely large channel.ini entries seem to confuse DW. Example: network10 Adelaide has a large amount of channels (all are duplicates) - there's about 12+ channels listed for network10. If I set every channel to have a 'set volume(80)' globally for that network it doesn't work. Only when I decrease the number of channels listed does the 'set volume' work globally (I only use 2 now). Has anyone else noticed this?

Also Nate, is there a way to impliment a comment like 'stopped recording' when you hit stop after recording, like in the previous versions? The VP remote is fairly poor and I need to have a confirmation message so I know DW has stopped recording.

Timeshift is great now - no more hidden .tmp's. Another question :roll: - can you put a semitransparent backing to the N&N info to make it read easier?

- thanks again 8)

--------------------
Don't argue with a fool. The spectators can't tell the difference.

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 14 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #45

Guests

Is there any way to tell $(NaNProgram[n]) not to centre the text but instead allign on the left?

DrawText("$(NaNProgram[0])", 50, -1, -1, 4, 0x0000FFFF, Arial)
xPos
- the horizontal placement in % of window width
yPos
- the vertical placement in % of window height
[b]xRef
- 1 to align the right edge of the text with xPos
- 0 to align the centre of the text with xPos
- -1 to align the left edge of the text with xPos
[b]yRef
- 1 to align the bottom edge of the (*first line of) text with yPos
- 0 to align the centre of the text with yPos
- -1 to align the top edge of the text with yPos

* - this isn't how i intended it. I am going to change it so that it's the centre of all the lines of text.

I'm also having problems (doesn't show anything on screen) with $(NaNTime[n]) and $(NaNDescription[n]). Are they implemented yet?
Implemented yes. tested no.

Thanks. Exactly what I needed.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Apr 14 2004, 04:25 PM
Post #46

Guests

Nate,

Yep my "overlay settings" were in the channel.ini, removing this and using global n settings.ini fixed it

Fixed the channel bar OSD by changing the the duration as you said, thanks

ABC did have the default program set to 1. Now its working, so who knows, it seems to have a mind of its own, hopefully stays working smile.gif

With the "blank" screen sometimes, "P" twice does not seem to help, selecting another channel works but, sometimes takes a few secs but.

I'll do more testing and confirm if its DVB4 thats causing the audio/vid sync issues. It happens even with SPDIF disabled, and also can occur on MPEG and AC3 sound. Retarting the graph usually fixes it.

I've given up waiting on a new SDK from Twin Hams (so DW and WS can use multi cards together) and ordered a Divico smile.gif Renura said should see it tomorrow. Hopefully for viewing its as good as DW, channel changing is said to be fast.

+Quote Post
Guest_captainatomic_*
post Apr 14 2004, 04:50 PM
Post #47

Guests

I may have found a bug - I dont know.

In window mode, normally if I double click on the window it goes full screen - it doesnt now. It says 'Keycode: -2'

It does work however when I press the Fullscreen button on the VP remote control. I have changed a few things in keys.ini to see if i could get the mouse control back but nothing worked.

CODE
# DigitalWatch - Keys.ini

#

[TV]

#keyboard numbers

Key('0',0,0,0) = SetChannel(10)

Key('1',0,0,0) = SetChannel(1, -2)

Key('2',0,0,0) = SetChannel(2)

Key('3',0,0,0) = SetChannel(3)

Key('4',0,0,0) = SetChannel(4)

Key('5',0,0,0) = SetChannel(5)

Key('6',0,0,0) = SetChannel(6)

Key('7',0,0,0) = SetChannel(7)

Key('8',0,0,0) = SetChannel(8)

Key('9',0,0,0) = SetChannel(9)

#keypad numbers

Key( 96,0,0,0) = SetChannel(10)

Key( 97,0,0,0) = SetChannel(1, -2)  Key('P',1,0,0) = ShowPids()

Key( 83,0,0,0) = ShowSignal()

Key( 98,0,0,0) = SetChannel(2)

Key( 99,0,0,0) = SetChannel(3)

Key(100,0,0,0) = SetChannel(4)

Key(101,0,0,0) = SetChannel(5)

Key(102,0,0,0) = SetChannel(6)

Key(103,0,0,0) = SetChannel(7)

Key(104,0,0,0) = SetChannel(8)

Key(105,0,0,0) = SetChannel(9)

#numpad + and -

Key(107,0,0,0) = NetworkUp()

Key(109,0,0,0) = NetworkDown()

#Page-Up and Page-Down

Key( 33,0,0,0) = NetworkUp()

Key( 34,0,0,0) = NetworkDown()

#Cursor-Up and Cursor-Down with shift option

Key( 38,0,0,0) = ProgramUp()

Key( 40,0,0,0) = ProgramDown()

Key( 38,1,0,0) = ProgramUp()

Key( 40,1,0,0) = ProgramDown()

Key('L',0,0,0) = LastChannel()

Key(13,0,0,0) = TVPlaying(2)

#Home and End

Key( 0,0,0,0) = RecordingTimer(1)

Key( 0,0,0,0) = Recording(0)

Key( 9,0,0,0) = Recording(2)

Key( 36,0,0,0) = VideoDecoderEntry(-1)

Key('V',0,0,0) = AudioDecoderEntry(-1)

Key('B',0,0,0) = ResolutionEntry(-1)

Key('Z',0,0,0) = Fullscreen(-2)

Key('Y',0,0,0) = AlwaysOnTop(2)

#[ and ]

Key(67,0,0,0) = Zoom(100)

Key(35,0,0,0) = Zoom(133)

Key(73,0,0,0) = ZoomOut(5)

Key(78,0,0,0) = ZoomIn(5)

Key(220,0,0,0) = ZoomMode(-1)

#- and =

Key(189,0,0,0) = VolumeDown(5)

Key(187,0,0,0) = VolumeUp(5)

Key('M',0,0,0) = Mute(2)

Key('A',0,0,0) = ShowOSD(2)

Key('T',0,0,0) = ShowTime(2)

Key(75,0,0,0) = ShowFilterProperties()

Key(80,0,0,0) = AspectRatio(16, 9)

Key(69,0,0,0) = AspectRatio(4, 3)

Key(117,1,1,1) = Exit()

Key(0,0,0,0) = Exit()

Thats my exact keys.ini - mind you I have kept that file since DW 0.51 - because the remote works exactly how I want it to. Is there a problem with using old keys.ini with the new DW? Everything else is excellent, thanks a million nate!

Just wish we had NAN info in canberra on stations other than the ABC...

+Quote Post
Guest_Builty_*
post Apr 14 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #48

Guests

I updated keys.ini as part of the added mouse support, so it could be now you are missing something important. Nate did change the double click behaviour in 0.7.

try adding these to the end of the file:
CODE
#Mouse settings

#left double click

Mouse(2,0,0,0) = Fullscreen(2)

#right click

Mouse(3,0,0,0) = ShowNAN(2)

#middle click

Mouse(4,0,0,0) = ShowOSD(2)

#scroll up

Mouse(5,0,0,0) = NetworkUp()

#scroll down

Mouse(6,0,0,0) = NetworkDown()

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 14 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #49

Guests

Since Digitalwatch 0.70 was released, I have been working on a custom OSD bitmap and ini file. I'm hardly a graphic artist so don't expect the best graphics but it's a start.

http://v4.livegate.net/championr/ChampionR_OSD.zip

Make sure you backup your OSD.ini file before unzipping to the Digitalwatch folder. The graphic looks a bit warped in windowed mode and prehaps on widescreen displays. Don't have one to test it on.

Times should appear next to the program names and the description should work. Either I've done something wrong or those functions don't yet work in Digitalwatch.

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 14 2004, 05:23 PM
Post #50

Guests

I may have found a bug - I dont know.

In window mode,  normally if I double click on the window it goes full screen - it doesnt now.  It says 'Keycode:  -2'

It does work however when I press the Fullscreen button on the VP remote control.  I have changed a few things in keys.ini to see if i could get the mouse control back but nothing worked.

Double clicking the window works for me

+Quote Post
Guest_bionicdonkey_*
post Apr 14 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #51

Guests

It has better deinterlacing and image quality, but it doesn't support DxVA, so it's a catch 22.

I may be wrong but by the looks of this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....tionsupport.asp it does support dxva, or am i missing something?

Regards,
Josh

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 14 2004, 05:27 PM
Post #52

Guests

It has better deinterlacing and image quality, but it doesn't support DxVA, so it's a catch 22.

I may be wrong but by the looks of this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....tionsupport.asp it does support dxva, or am i missing something?

Regards,
Josh

The Intervideo and Cyberlink codecs don't support DxVA via VMR9.

+Quote Post
Guest_bionicdonkey_*
post Apr 14 2004, 05:32 PM
Post #53

Guests

Regards,
Josh

The Intervideo and Cyberlink codecs don't support DxVA via VMR9.

But the other's do??

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 05:37 PM
Post #54

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

That's very interesting.
I was basing what i said on what i've read here and here.
basically it indicates that VMR7 does support VPE (Video Port Extentions which are required for DxVA) but VMR9 doesn't.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_JoeyBloggs_*
post Apr 14 2004, 05:43 PM
Post #55

Guests

Are you aware of any that do ?

+Quote Post
Guest_JoeyBloggs_*
post Apr 14 2004, 05:52 PM
Post #56

Guests

That's very interesting.
basically it indicates that VMR7 does support VPE (Video Port Extentions which are required for DxVA) but VMR9 doesn't.

VMR9 supports the IAMVideoAccelerator interface and DxVA. How this is all plumbed together I have no idea. Nor am I aware of any decoder's that support it

The Moonlight video decoder for example seems to have a decoding mode that seems to indicate that it would cooperate with VMR9 to do DxVA and per pixel adaptive. Afaik this it NOT available yet. Nor can I find any documentation anywhere on DxVA 2.0 and VMR9 and things like multiple streams ? accelerated encoding support (say via NV40) etc etc

I think we might be beyond the bleeding edge of the universe at the moment :?

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #57

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

That's very interesting.
VMR9 supports the IAMVideoAccelerator interface and DxVA. How this is all plumbed together I have no idea. Nor am I aware of any decoder's that support it.
Ok, so the way i see it then, the cyberlink and intervideo implementations of DxVA rely on video ports, which are not supported in the VMR9.

From the DirectX 9 SDK help file
Video Port Pins
A capture device with a hardware video port might use the video port extensions (VPE) in Microsoft® DirectX®. If so, the capture filter will have a video port (VP) pin. No video data travels from the VP pin through the filter graph. Instead, video frames are produced in hardware and sent directly to video memory. The VP pin allows control messages to be sent to the hardware.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_bionicdonkey_*
post Apr 14 2004, 06:40 PM
Post #58

Guests

That's very interesting.
VMR9 supports the IAMVideoAccelerator interface and DxVA. How this is all plumbed together I have no idea. Nor am I aware of any decoder's that support it.
Ok, so the way i see it then, the cyberlink and intervideo implementations of DxVA rely on video ports, which are not supported in the VMR9.

From the DirectX 9 SDK help file
Video Port Pins
A capture device with a hardware video port might use the video port extensions (VPE) in Microsoft® DirectX®. If so, the capture filter will have a video port (VP) pin. No video data travels from the VP pin through the filter graph. Instead, video frames are produced in hardware and sent directly to video memory. The VP pin allows control messages to be sent to the hardware.

Considering that the GPL decoder connects to the vmr9, does that mean that it deosn't have a video port pin? If it doesn't can it be used for dxva, providing it has the IAMVideoAcceleratorNotify Interface?

+Quote Post
Guest_delbz_*
post Apr 14 2004, 08:19 PM
Post #59

Guests

Since Digitalwatch 0.70 was released, I have been working on a custom OSD bitmap and ini file. I'm hardly a graphic artist so don't expect the best graphics but it's a start.

Nice Look. Well Done. This app just gets better each day!

PS - My signal strength and quality both display zero!?.

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 14 2004, 08:26 PM
Post #60

Guests

Nice Look. Well Done. This app just gets better each day!

PS - My signal strength and quality both display zero!?.

Nate disabled the code for reporting signal strength and quality because it was acting up.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 06:17 AM