Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DigitalWatch 0.70
Guest_bionicdonkey_*
post Apr 14 2004, 08:38 AM
Post #21

Guests

Has anyone else noticed that the 'AudioDecoderEntry' function isn't working in the channels.ini file. The osd says that it changed but when viewing the filter properties, the default one that is set in settings.ini is stil being used.

regards,
Josh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 08:55 AM
Post #22

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Has anyone else noticed that the 'AudioDecoderEntry' function isn't working in the channels.ini file. The osd says that it changed but when viewing the filter properties, the default one that is set in settings.ini is stil being used.
No i havn't noticed, but then i havn't tested it either because i didn't think i made any changes to the code that would make that happen.

What happens if you change the audio decoder manually?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_brent_*
post Apr 14 2004, 08:59 AM
Post #23

Guests

where in the channel.ini file should 
ShowNowAndNext be ?

Oooohhhh sorry, I meant Keys.ini. You have to rename the ShowNAN key press event to ShowNowAndNext. It's just a little name change in the OSD events. There might be others I haven't checked. It happens because you copied your old keys.ini to the new version. I know because I did that too smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_bionicdonkey_*
post Apr 14 2004, 09:01 AM
Post #24

Guests

No i havn't noticed, but then i havn't tested it either because i didn't think i made any changes to the code that would make that happen.

What happens if you change the audio decoder manually?

That doesn't seem to change it either

+Quote Post
Guest_Builty_*
post Apr 14 2004, 09:14 AM
Post #25

Guests

0.7 looking pretty damn nice to me. I love the blue bottom bar with the program name, very handy. I had to tweak the control bar parameters to suit my display, but that was easy and painless.
The only problem I have is that after watching for a while, the audio started dropping in and out rapidly. Restarting made it go away.

I am using custom NVidia filters for audio so I'll try some different ones.

Great work Nate.

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 09:28 AM
Post #26

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

That doesn't seem to change it either
Weird.

Will the video decoder change?

Can you try commenting out all the AudioDecoderEntry and VideoDecoderEntry lines in channels.ini and then see if you can get manual changes to work then?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_bionicdonkey_*
post Apr 14 2004, 09:48 AM
Post #27

Guests

Can you try commenting out all the AudioDecoderEntry and VideoDecoderEntry lines in channels.ini and then see if you can get manual changes to work then?

Manual change works with the functions commented out.

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 10:02 AM
Post #28

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Manual change works with the functions commented out.

Ok, I don't know how i broke it, but i'll look into it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_bionicdonkey_*
post Apr 14 2004, 10:06 AM
Post #29

Guests

Ok, I don't know how i broke it, but i'll look into it.

Cheers! Another question, would there be any advantage using GDI+ for the OSD? Would this fix or help fix the problems with the osd flickering with vmr9?

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 14 2004, 10:32 AM
Post #30

Guests

it displays "no now and next information available" for ALL Brisbane networks (which seems weird).

Check the program numbers. If you've done that, then use TSreader and look for the N&N info in there. Should be under EIT PID on the left. I know ABC has N&N info. Seven and Nine here come and go and Ten usually have it on too.

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 10:52 AM
Post #31

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Cheers! Another question, would there be any advantage using GDI+ for the OSD? Would this fix or help fix the problems with the osd flickering with vmr9?
I don't know anything about GDI+ so i don't know if it would help or not, but I think the best way to fix the VMR flicker would be to use directx to draw directly to the overlay surface using IVMRSurface9. It's been ages since i did any Direct3D stuff though so i'm not sure how hard this will be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Apr 14 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #32

Guests

What advantages does using VMR9 have over using overlay mixer?

Nate,

I try your suggestions later when home

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 11:08 AM
Post #33

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

What advantages does using VMR9 have over using overlay mixer?
It has better deinterlacing and image quality, but it doesn't support DxVA, so it's a catch 22.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Apr 14 2004, 11:15 AM
Post #34

Guests

does its better deinterlacing "cope" with motion blur issue with DTV?

I tried the GPL codecs and VMR9 and the colours seemed washed out, and less "depth" to the image, but didn't try for long. I might have a bit of a play and see if it is an improvement on the PJ over the overlay mixer.

With VMR9 does the graphics card 3D abilty come into play, and its "settings"

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #35

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

I tried the GPL codecs and VMR9 and the colours seemed washed out, and less "depth" to the image, but didn't try for long.  I might have a bit of a play and see if it is an improvement on the PJ over the overlay mixer.

Yes i think the graphics card 3D ability does come into play.
I can't remember all the details off the top of my head, but you should find most information about it here

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 14 2004, 11:36 AM
Post #36

Guests

I tried the GPL codecs and VMR9 and the colours seemed washed out, and less "depth" to the image, but didn't try for long.  I might have a bit of a play and see if it is an improvement on the PJ over the overlay mixer.

VMR has different brightness and colour settings to the overlay mixer. If you watch something in Zoomplayer using Overlay then switch to VMR, the VMR will appear much brighter using the same settings as the overlay mixer.

+Quote Post
Guest_JoeyBloggs_*
post Apr 14 2004, 11:53 AM
Post #37

Guests

Using GDI+ won't fix anything. It just offers more drawing primitives. I doubt using DirectX surface will make much difference either. Unless you want to project the video onto a 3d surface within a scene.

The best solution seems to be to allow the VMR to resize the overlay bitmap itself whilst resizing the window and then regenerate it when the resizing is finished (which is kind of difficult to determine in all circumstances) :?

VMR9 / Radeon 9xxx offers per pixel motion adaptive. Still haven't managed to find time to code it though. I believe you can set it up in Zoom Player or MPC ~

Basically load the decoder and vmr9. Query the available deintelacing modes and then set the decoder to pass interleaved (ie BOB) and vmr9 to the required mode. Then connect or render.

CODE
VMR9DeinterlaceCaps stDeinterlaceCaps;

DWORD               dwNumModes = 0;

stDeinterlaceCaps.dwSize = sizeof(VMR9DeinterlaceCaps);

hr = piVMRDeinterlaceControl9->GetNumberOfDeinterlaceModes(&stVideoDesc, &dwNumModes, NULL);

if (SUCCEEDED(hr) && (dwNumModes != 0))

{

// Allocate an array for the GUIDs that identify the modes.

GUID* pModes = new GUID[dwNumModes];

if (pModes)

{

// Fill the array.

hr = piVMRDeinterlaceControl9->GetNumberOfDeinterlaceModes(&stVideoDesc, &dwNumModes, pModes);

if (SUCCEEDED(hr))

{

// Loop through each item and get the capabilities.

for (int i = 0; i < (int) dwNumModes; i++)

{

hr = piVMRDeinterlaceControl9->GetDeinterlaceModeCaps(pModes + i, &stVideoDesc, &stDeinterlaceCaps);

if (SUCCEEDED(hr))

{

MYTRACE(_T("AvailableDeinterlaceMode = %s"), ClassIdToString(pModes[i]) );      

// Examine the Caps structure.

switch (stDeinterlaceCaps.DeinterlaceTechnology)

{

case DeinterlaceTech9_Unknown             : { MYTRACE(_T(" - DeinterlaceTech9_Unknown            ")); break; }

case DeinterlaceTech9_BOBLineReplicate    : { MYTRACE(_T(" - DeinterlaceTech9_BOBLineReplicate   ")); break; }

case DeinterlaceTech9_BOBVerticalStretch  : { MYTRACE(_T(" - DeinterlaceTech9_BOBVerticalStretch ")); break; }

case DeinterlaceTech9_MedianFiltering     : { MYTRACE(_T(" - DeinterlaceTech9_MedianFiltering    ")); break; }

case DeinterlaceTech9_EdgeFiltering       : { MYTRACE(_T(" - DeinterlaceTech9_EdgeFiltering      ")); break; }

case DeinterlaceTech9_FieldAdaptive       : { MYTRACE(_T(" - DeinterlaceTech9_FieldAdaptive      ")); break; }

case DeinterlaceTech9_PixelAdaptive       : { MYTRACE(_T(" - DeinterlaceTech9_PixelAdaptive      ")); break; }

case DeinterlaceTech9_MotionVectorSteered : { MYTRACE(_T(" - DeinterlaceTech9_MotionVectorSteered")); break; }

}

if      ( memcmp(&ActualDeinterlaceMode,    pModes + i, sizeof(GUID)) == 0) { MYTRACE(_T(" - Actual "   )); }

else if ( memcmp(&PreferredDeinterlaceMode, pModes + i, sizeof(GUID)) == 0) { MYTRACE(_T(" - Preferred ")); }

MYTRACE(_T("n"));

}

}

}

delete [] pModes;

}

}

//NB should really feed the queried GUID for pixel adaptive

CODE
HRESULT hr = S_OK;

DWORD dwStreamId = 0;

GUID  DeinterlaceMode = ClassIdFromString(_T("{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}")); // DeinterlaceTech9_PixelAdaptive;

hr = piVMRDeinterlaceControl9->SetDeinterlaceMode(dwStreamId, &DeinterlaceMode);

There is no interaction with 3D settings AFAIK

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 12:19 PM
Post #38

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

I doubt using DirectX surface will make much difference either. Unless you want to project the video onto a 3d surface within a scene.
True. I just had another look at the docs and it turns out i got myself a bit confused about what did what.
IVMRMixerBitmap9 is the one i was thinking. The impression I get from the docs is that i should be able to pass the a HDC in using SetAlphaBitmap. That way hopefully none of the drawing code needs to change.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_JoeyBloggs_*
post Apr 14 2004, 01:13 PM
Post #39

Guests

Yup. that should work. Still flickers if you update the osd on every WM_SIZE though. I tried turning off the osd before the resize then just updating with the new one after. flicker was worse :? Seems the best solution is just to leave the vmr to do a BiLinear StretchBlt ~

+Quote Post
Guest_captainatomic_*
post Apr 14 2004, 02:18 PM
Post #40

Guests

Joey, how long will this code for 'per pixel de-interlacing' take to implement within DW? I know the Nvidia filters have an option to use Overlay, VMR7 and VMR9 - I havnt seen a setting like that in Cyberlink or Intervideo codecs.

IF 'per pixel de-interlacing' can be done properly without a loss in stability - I would buy a Radeon 9600 in a flash - no doubt about it.

I havnt had a chance to try out the new version of DW yet but sounds great, cant wait to get home!

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 06:18 AM