Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

New Version: DigitalWatch 0.701

Changes
```````
  • Fixed disabled SetColorControls
  • Fixed GDI leak in EraseBackground
  • Fixed OSD.ini to read from, and Settings.ini to write to, the app folder.
  • Fixed ScanChannels.exe to start with Network_1 instead of Network_0
  • Fixed "could not set IVideoWindow visible" when not using overlay mixer.
  • Fixed crash when using VMR9. It works, but there's really bad OSD flicker.
  • Fixed crash when using FFDShow and changing channels.
  • Fixed timeshifting files not getting deleted on program exit.
  • Totally reworked the OSD for better skinning support.
    • All commands now trigger osd events which can be configured to show any of the available information.
    • OSD text background can be transparent when not using the overlay mixer.
    • Added bitmap support.
    • Impoved on problem of OSD blanking out when any entry disapears.
      It still happens occasionally but i think it's better than it was.
    • Custom OSD events can be defined. Then assign the event to a key or button by using the event name instead of a predefined function.
      ShowTime, ShowChannelInfo (used to be ShowPids), ShowSignal, and ShowNowAndNext are no longer predefined functions. They are now events, so take a look at them for an example of what you can do.
  • Added a control bar similar to zoomplayer's for easier mouse control.
    See ControlBar.ini to configure or skin it.
    Thanks to Builty for kicking this one off, and for the artwork.
  • Added config options for mouse buttons and scroll wheel in keys.ini.
    Thanks to Builty for this one.
  • Added options for timeshifting location and duration to settings.ini.
    Thanks to Joey for posting the code to do this.
  • Added creation of the timeshifting profile file to the timeshift folder.
    If you load this file with the StreamBufferSource from another computer you should be able to watch whatever is in the buffer. Untested.
Notes
`````
  • I havn't done a lot of testing with all the changes i made to the way the OSD works so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few bugs. Hopefully none are too serious.
  • I've temporarily disabled the code that get's the signal quality and strength because it was causing some strange behaviour.
Previous DigitalWatch threads
DigitalWatch (Part I)
DigitalWatch (Part II)
DigitalWatch 0.51
DigitalWatch 0.60

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_bionicdonkey_*
post Apr 13 2004, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Guests

Thanks nate!

+Quote Post
Guest_squeaker_*
post Apr 13 2004, 09:25 AM
Post #3

Guests

Phew! Looks like it was worth waiting for, thanks for all the ongoing development, Nate. I'm sure there are a lot of followers like myself who just take what you produce without comment on-line. Any idea how many downloads of DW there are?

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 13 2004, 09:58 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

I think that we should organise some get-togethers so the users of DW can buy the developers a beer (or 2)...

Great work...thank you to all!!

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Apr 13 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #5

Guests

Sure
Come to brisbane smile.gif

Melbourne scares me, they have the "hook turn" smile.gif

Await getting home to play with this new version smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 13 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #6

Guests

I agree with everyone else, awesome update. I use Digitalwatch almost exclusively. The exception is when I wanna watch/record 1080i channels or the ABC but I know Twinhan are to blame for that tongue.gif

I also have one question, is it possible to use $(NetworkNumber) in the DrawBitmap function? Such as DrawBitmap("images$(NetworkNumber).bmp"? I tried that and it looked to me like it was trying to load a BMP called $(NetworkNumber) instead of the number.bmp.

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 13 2004, 11:35 AM
Post #7

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Phew!  Looks like it was worth waiting for, thanks for all the ongoing development, Nate.
hahaha. Thanks. Not sure the term "ongoing" really fits. Until friday morning i hadn't touched the code since i released 0.601, which was a month ago. It's amazing what you can get done on a 4 day weekend when you don't have any distractions.

I'm sure there are a lot of followers like myself who just take what you produce without comment on-line.
That's fine, as long as you let me know about any bugs you find that noone else mentions.

Any idea how many downloads of DW there are?
Not a clue. I've been meaning to set up a linux box at home with a dynamic dns address so that i can monitor web stats, but i havn't got around to it yet. Guess i should at least put a hit counter on the webpage.

I think that we should organise some get-togethers so the users of DW can buy the developers a beer (or 2)...
Sounds good. Except you'll have to make mine a coke. I'm not an alcohol drinker.

Spoonfed: Hook turns are only a problem if you're right in the city, and then only if you're driving, and then only if you need to turn right. What i find more scary about driving in melbourne is that often there's very little indication that lanes are merging up ahead. It's fine if you know the road, but i've only been here since september so i'm still getting to know the place.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Builty_*
post Apr 13 2004, 01:21 PM
Post #8

Guests

The other problem with Melbourne drivers is that they usually speeding, treat red lights as give way instead of stop, consider indicating as optional and enjoy forcing their way into the smallest possible gap. Thats in between tailgating and hurling abuse.

Nice work on the update Nate, can't wait to get home and fire it up!

+Quote Post
BigH
post Apr 13 2004, 01:38 PM
Post #9

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 51
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Good on ya Nate. How you find the time beats me. Cheers and many thanks .H.

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 13 2004, 02:09 PM
Post #10

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

I also have one question, is it possible to use $(NetworkNumber) in the DrawBitmap function? Such as DrawBitmap("images$(NetworkNumber).bmp"? I tried that and it looked to me like it was trying to load a BMP called $(NetworkNumber) instead of the number.bmp.
That's a great idea. I hadn't thought of that. I was going to implement channel logo's another way, but this is a fantastic idea and it won't be very hard to implement.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_JoeyBloggs_*
post Apr 13 2004, 03:42 PM
Post #11

Guests

I know how you love to create device context's but it's not really necessary tongue.gif

This seems to live in both OSDDrawText.cpp and OSDEntry.cpp ?

I thought it might help with the osd flickering but after testing it i'm unsure

CODE
void OSDDrawText::GetTextWidth(HDC hDC, HFONT hFontNormal, char* text, int &x)

{

/*

HDC hdcTest;

HFONT hOldFont;

POINT endpoint;

hdcTest  = CreateCompatibleDC(hDC);

hOldFont = (HFONT)SelectObject(hdcTest, hFontNormal);

SetTextAlign(hdcTest, TA_UPDATECP);

MoveToEx(hdcTest, 0, 0, NULL);

TextOut(hdcTest, 0, 0, text, (int)strlen(text));

MoveToEx(hdcTest, 0, 0, &endpoint);

x = endpoint.x;

SelectObject(hdcTest, hOldFont);

DeleteDC(hdcTest);

*/

SIZE  szText;

HFONT hOldFont = static_cast<HFONT>( SelectObject(hDC, hFontNormal) );

::GetTextExtentPoint32(hDC, text, strlen(text), &szText);

x = szText.cx;

SelectObject(hDC, hOldFont);

}

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 13 2004, 04:07 PM
Post #12

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

I know how you love to create device context's but it's not really necessary  tongue.gif
Thanks. I knew there was probabaly a nicer way to do it, but i had it working so i left it as it was.

This seems to live in both OSDDrawText.cpp and OSDEntry.cpp ?
OSDEntry.cpp and OSDEntry.h aren't part of the project anymore. I just forgot to delete them.

I thought it might help with the osd flickering but after testing it i'm unsure
It didn't accually do anything with the hDC other than use it to create hdcTest so i wouldn't expect it to cause flicker.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Apr 13 2004, 05:28 PM
Post #13

Guests

Early days yet (only spend 30min playing) but the new version seems to be an improvement over 0.60 (which didnt work to well for me)

With the OSD is is possible not to have the Overlay settings appear on channel change?
Also the bottom "bar" thingy stays open on channel change for about 8 sec or so, can this be shorted to 1 or 2 seconds?

With the NAN, is there anything special for it to work?
"no OSD entry for ShowNAN event" comes up

FFDShow works with the GPL and (if i add to the video.ini file) with Cyberlink also. With the GPL codec needing less CPU power to do the same FFDShow filtering.

Now that that is working I now have the age old problem, motion blur sad.gif I seems DxVA does not engage with FFDShow and hence motion blur is an isssue. This is both for live and playback. FFDShow has a variety of deinterlacing options, but my understanding this must be done by the codec, as FFDShow "processes" the image AFTER the codec has decoded it. So unless the interlaced image can be "passed" on (which i guess would be a function of the codec?) then i don' think there is much chance seeing if any of the various FFDShow deinterlacer options would stop motion blur like DxVA does?

+Quote Post
Guest_brent_*
post Apr 13 2004, 05:33 PM
Post #14

Guests

0.70 is going well. Seems stable, and the new osd bar is cool.

With the NAN, is there anything special for it to work? 
"no OSD entry for ShowNAN event" comes up

Change the "ShowNAN" key event to "ShowNowAndNext in channels.ini. Some event names have been changed from 0.60 to 0.70

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Apr 13 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #15

Guests

Sorry, im really stupid, where in the channel.ini file should
ShowNowAndNext be ?

If i use the info using the "scanchannels.exe" app there is no such entry. No in the initial channel file on install.

+Quote Post
Guest_peterho33_*
post Apr 13 2004, 06:51 PM
Post #16

Guests

In channel.ini "A" prefix indicate channel with AC3. Is it only true with HD channels?

Because sometimes I see AC3 in SD channels' program which indicate in my set-top-box and Dolby digital amplifier. But when I add an "A" in those SD channels it gives no sound.

Is it true that there are AC3 sound streams in SD broadcast? or DW cannot pick this up even with the "A" prefix?

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 13 2004, 06:59 PM
Post #17

Guests

Sorry, im really stupid, where in the channel.ini file should
ShowNowAndNext be ?

If i use the info using the "scanchannels.exe" app there is no such entry.  No in the initial channel file on install.

All you need to do is replace controlbar.ini with the following
CODE
# DigitalWatch - Controlbar.ini

#

Bitmap(imagescontrolbar.bmp, 0, 0, 1004, 47)

Location(5, 86, 90, 6)

ActivationPerimeter(2)

Button(491, 1, 46, 46)

Click(0,0,0) = ProgramUp()

Highlight(491, 48, 46, 46)

Button(542, 1, 46, 46)

Click(0,0,0) = ProgramDown()

Highlight(542, 48, 46, 46)

Button(594, 1, 46, 46)

Click(0,0,0) = NetworkUp()

Highlight(594, 48, 46, 46)

Button(647, 1, 46, 46)

Click(0,0,0) = NetworkDown()

Highlight(647, 48, 46, 46)

Button(699, 1, 46, 46)

Click(0,0,0) = ZoomIn(10)

Click(1,0,0) = ZoomIn(1)

Highlight(699, 48, 46, 46)

Button(750, 1, 46, 46)

Click(0,0,0) = ZoomOut(10)

Click(1,0,0) = ZoomOut(1)

Highlight(750, 48, 46, 46)

Button(801, 1, 46, 46)

Click(0,0,0) = Fullscreen(2)

Highlight(801, 48, 46, 46)

Button(853, 1, 46, 46)

Click(0,0,0) = ShowNowAndNext(2)

Highlight(853, 48, 46, 46)

Button(906, 1, 46, 46)

Click(0,0,0) = Mute(2)

Highlight(906, 48, 46, 46)

Button(958, 1, 46, 46)

Click(0,0,0) = Exit()

#Highlight(958, 48, 46, 46)

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post Apr 13 2004, 07:01 PM
Post #18

Guests

In channel.ini "A" prefix indicate channel with AC3. Is it only true with HD channels? 

Because sometimes I see AC3 in SD channels' program which indicate in my set-top-box and Dolby digital amplifier. But when I add an "A" in those SD channels it gives no sound. 

Is it true that there are AC3 sound streams in SD broadcast? or DW cannot pick this up even with the "A" prefix?

You need to find out the AC3 PID for the SD channel providing it has one. Then you replace the current audio PID with the AC3 one and add the A prefix.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Apr 13 2004, 07:03 PM
Post #19

Guests

The A prefix is needed for AC3 audio. Yes some channels (9, 10, ABC in brisbane for example) have AC3 audio on SD. However you need the correct APID to match the AC3 stream, simply putting A infront will not work if the APID is MPEG audio.

Nate,

A carry over bug from ver 0.6, ABC only starts on "program_2" instead of "program_1" in the channel.ini file. This was starting ABC HD from me but i just made it program 2, so ABC SD now starts when that network is selected. Very strange its only on ABC. Also, not apparent in 0.51 i now get "blank" reasonably often on channel change, the OSD bar comes up but thats it, DW can be closed, and most of the time another channel can be selected so it hasn't crashed, just not started the channel. I think it only occurs with DVB 4 enabled. More often is 10 SD starting with a "paused" video but audio running. As in 0.6 (not 0.51) with SPDIF it seems audio sync still seems to "run out" sometimes.

EDIT:
Champion, thanks for that, it displays "no now and next information available" for ALL Brisbane networks (which seems weird).

Ah also, you beat me to the above AC3 info smile.gif

+Quote Post
nate
post Apr 14 2004, 08:04 AM
Post #20

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

With the OSD is is possible not to have the Overlay settings appear on channel change?
Yes, assuming that it's happening because you are using SetColorControls in your channels.ini. In OSD.ini comment out the DrawText line for the ColorControls event.
CODE
Event(ColorControls)

#DrawText("Brightness - $(Brightness)nContrast - $(Contrast)nHue - $(Hue)nSaturation - $(Saturation)nGamma - $(Gamma)", 2, 50, -1, -1, -1, -1, 4, 0x0000FFFF, Arial)

Also the bottom "bar" thingy stays open on channel change for about 8 sec or so, can this be shorted to 1 or 2 seconds?
Yep, in the Channel event in OSD.ini change the duration to 1 or 2

A carry over bug from ver 0.6,  ABC only starts on "program_2" instead of "program_1" in the channel.ini file.  This was starting ABC HD from me but i just made it program 2, so ABC SD now starts when that network is selected.  Very strange its only on ABC.
I've never had a problem with this. I looked into it when you first mentioned it was happening for you in 0.6 but i didn't make any signficant changes from 0.51 in that area.
It sounds like you've got the default program for the ABC in you channels.ini set to 2
Network_4("ABC", 226500, 1)

Also, not apparent in 0.51 i now get "blank" reasonably often on channel change, the OSD bar comes up but thats it, DW can be closed, and most of the time another channel can be selected so it hasn't crashed, just not started the channel.
What happens if you restart the graph (press P twice)?

I think it only occurs with DVB 4 enabled. As in 0.6  (not 0.51) with SPDIF it seems audio sync still seems to "run out" sometimes.
If you're going to compare with 0.51 then to be fair you need to use either DVBInput= 1 or 2.

More often is 10 SD starting with a "paused" video but audio running.
I get this occasionally, but not often enough to be able to figure out why it happens. I ussually just restart the graph and it works fine.

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 06:53 AM