> Suggestion for DW3
stevebow
post Feb 21 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,720
Card: None

When you change networks the default stream shown is the lowest LCN. The problem I find with that is that (in Australia) this is an SD stream.

I am primarily interested in the HD stream and it is a bit of a nuisance to have to change to the HD stream each time I change networks.

I have fudged this by editing the Channels.xml file and changing the HD stream of each network to the lowest LCN in order for it to be displayed when I change networks.

Would it be possible for DW3 to remember the last stream viewed when you change networks so when you return that stream will be displayed please? It would be also nice to save that info when DW is quit so they are remembered the next time DW is run.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Feb 22 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #2

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Thanks for the thoughts steve.

I havn't really decided the best way to handle channels yet. At this stage I'm probably likely to keep the network and program lists the way they are, but also create a favorites system which will allow you to just add the channels you use regularly. Then Channel Up and Down buttons will just cycle through the favorites, or you could assign a number to each favorite.

Would that suit you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
stevebow
post Feb 26 2008, 01:04 AM
Post #3

Participant

While a favourites system is not bad, esp. for countries with many more channels than here on Oz, it's not the solution I am thinking of as what I was referring to would be classified as "non-favorites" I guess ie. SD streams with program content different to HD such as ABC2, 7 Digital, TEN Digital. I rarely use the keyboard at all for DW and use DW pretty much exclusively with the (cordless) mouse. It does what one would mostly need ie. scroll wheel to change network, MMB to mute audio (I may have set this up, can't remember now).

Another thought comes to mind for us mouse users (perhaps it's already possible with DW2?), and that is to use the RMB as a qualifier with the scroll wheel to change streams within the network. That is, scroll wheel alone to change network, RMB+SW to change streams?

Perhaps also add LMB and MMB as SW qualifiers for other user options eg. if pressing MMB mutes, maybe MMB+SW changes volume? That would be very handy, saving the need to double-click back to window mode, adjust volume via Audio tray icon, double-click back to full-screen.

At this stage I'm probably likely to keep the network and program lists the way they are

If remembering the last stream viewed within each network is out of the question, would it at all be possible for the user to mark a "default" stream that is displayed when a network is changed, to avoid the need to "fudge" the LCNs in the Channels.xml file?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
stevebow
post Mar 5 2008, 08:52 PM
Post #4

Participant

QUOTE (stevebow @ Feb 21 2008, 08:40 PM) *
I have fudged this by editing the Channels.xml file and changing the HD stream of each network to the lowest LCN in order for it to be displayed when I change networks.

It seems that DW is re-writing the Channels.xml file occasionally, undoing the LCN changes I have made by hand in order to view the HD streams by default when I change networks.

So to overcome that I have made the Channels.xml file Read Only to preseve my changes - which is a little naf. I'd rather not be doing "hacks" to achieve what I want to do. dry.gif

As HD catches on, particularly as more unique HD content goes to air, it would be nice to be able to default to the HD LCN.

BTW, why is DW writing to Channels.xml on the odd occasion (and so necessitating the Read Only flag)? I had assumed once the network scan was done that would be it.

+Quote Post
vadimz
post Jun 12 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #5

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 238
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Nate,

Any updates on DW3? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
stevebow
post Aug 13 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #6

Participant

How is DW3 coming along? Looking forward to seeing it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
nate
post Aug 13 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #7

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Hey Guys.

Sorry to report there hasn't been a lot of progress in the last 6 months. I have added DVD playback, but I haven't started on the DVB stuff yet.

If you want to see what I've done so far download this zip and follow the instructions in walkthrough.txt
http://nate.dynalias.net/download/DW3-3_0_3147.zip

--------------------

+Quote Post
stevebow
post Aug 25 2008, 01:41 AM
Post #8

Participant

Thanks, I've DLed it and I'll take a look. Includes a walkthrough too, nice. smile.gif

DVD playback, hmmmm, do you plan on doing BD playback at some stage?

+Quote Post
nate
post Aug 25 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #9

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

I assume BD is blu-ray? If so, then no I don't have any plans for supporting it at this stage. To start with I don't have a drive, or a disc to get it working with, but more importantly, in my 30 seconds of googling I found plenty of free software to burn blu-ray discs, but none to play them back. Realistically, unless someone develops a blu-ray directshow source filter than I won't be adding it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vadimz
post Aug 26 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #10

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 238
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Don't worry about blu-ray unsure.gif

Concentrate on DVB wink.gif

+Quote Post
stevebow
post Aug 30 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #11

Participant

Any updates on the progress of DW3 please? It's been quite some time now.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 06:17 AM