> DW2.0.7.6 not working here under vista
stevebow
post Jan 6 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,720
Card: None

On my old PC with XP I have no problems with DW, works very well.

I have just bought a new PC and installed Vista Home Premium. I have a different DVB-T card in this PC, it's reported as a Creatix SAA7131 device in Device Manager (as opposed to the Philips SAA713X reported on my old PC).

DW2.0.7.6 seems happy to recognise the card in its Settings (Enabled is ticked) and I was able to scan the Sydney channels, as evidenced by the Channels.xml and Scanning.log files. But I get just black (no audio - I have no AC3 filter installed yet).

I suspect it is an MPEG2 decoder problem. All decoders listed fail the "Test" when selected except the Cyberlink7 Video Decoder, which is selected (ticked). I presume this is the case because I have installed PowerDVD. This is the decoder I used on my old PC too incidentally. I also tried the VMR9 variant with no success.

Can I assume with the tick DW has picked up the decoder ok? If so, any ideas where the problem may lay? Is there something further I need to do under Vista?

Ta.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bear
post Jan 6 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Can I assume with the tick DW has picked up the decoder ok? If so, any ideas where the problem may lay? Is there something further I need to do under Vista?
Yes it would seem so, It might be that the Overlay mixer is in use by another application and also that VMR9 is not enabled for this application. Take a look at the digitalwatch.log file for clues or attach to your next post.

+Quote Post
stevebow
post Jan 8 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #3

Participant

QUOTE (bear @ Jan 6 2008, 04:29 PM) *
Yes it would seem so, It might be that the Overlay mixer is in use by another application and also that VMR9 is not enabled for this application. Take a look at the digitalwatch.log file for clues or attach to your next post.

The log is attached. I'm afraid it does not make too much sense to me.

I realize there are errors present for audio demux, as I'd like to get video working before installing the AC3 filter. IIRC DW will still show video even with no audio filters, or?

WRT VMR9, how can it be enabled (or disabled) for DW? I thought VMR9 was a Direct Show component, available to any application always?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  DigitalWatchLog.zip ( 2K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
bear
post Jan 8 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Hi steve,

I disabled my DW audio decoder settings for mpeg2 & ac3 and experienced the same issue you described. Does look like you need audio codecs installed for the filtergraph to start. This is something I had not recognised before and so suggest that this could be your problem also.

BTW, you can zip log files and this should get around the attachment issues when posting, you may also wish to edit out the log text in your last post to make to more tidy.

Dan.

+Quote Post
stevebow
post Jan 10 2008, 09:41 AM
Post #5

Participant

Hi Dan,

QUOTE (bear @ Jan 8 2008, 05:33 PM) *
I disabled my DW audio decoder settings for mpeg2 & ac3 and experienced the same issue you described. Does look like you need audio codecs installed for the filtergraph to start. This is something I had not recognised before and so suggest that this could be your problem also.

Ok, I have it now. It was the lack of an Audio filter, amazingly enough. Maybe a Vista "thing", I don't recall this being an issue under XP.

After I installed AC3 Filter (1.46) though the problem was still there. Arrgh!

Here, after a channel scan DW starts up with an SD channel and so therefore needs an MPEG2 decoder set, which I hadn't done. When I had set this to AC3 Filter too, it worked fine.

I was caught out because on my old PC I had edited the Channels.xml file so when you change netwoks DW would show the HD stream by default. I was therefore expecting DW to start off with the HD stream, duh!

Thanks for your help.

For the benefit of others who may read this, to get DW fully working under Vista for me I download and installed the AC3 Filter via "Run as administrator" (to be safe). I selected this filter in DW's A-V Decoders setting for both AC3 and MPEG2 audio. PowerDVD was bundled with my PC so I was lucky there as it included the "Cyberlink Video Decoder" filter, enabled via the DW MPEG2 Video setting. It's an excellent quality video decoder BTW.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2018 - 12:58 PM