nate
post Aug 9 2004, 09:14 PM
Post #1

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

I've been using the GPL Mpeg-1/2 Video decoder with DigitalWatch for months now without a problem, but it only works for SD broadcasts and it's project on sourceforge hasn't been updated for quite a while.

I've known for a little while that the code that it is based on is from the guliverkli project (the project that contains Media Player Classic) but it wasn't till yesterday that i actually had a look at the source code for that project. It turns out there's a solution file for building an mpeg-2 video decoder within the code, so i've built it and made it available for people to download.

Download MPeg2DecFilter.zip 143Kb

My observations so far are:
- Can decode HD broadcasts (although my 2000XP processor can't keep up)
- Does not have a properties dialog, but i don't think it would take much to add one.
- There are actually two filters in the library. Mpeg2Dec Filter and DXVA Filter, but i've only managed to get the Mpeg2Dec filter going so far.
- Uses more or less the came CPU as the GPL Mpeg-1/2 Decoder filter.

CODE
[Mpeg2Dec Filter]
LoadFilter ({39F498AF-1A09-4275-B193-673B0BA3D478}, "MPEG2Dec")
LoadFilter ({CD8743A1-3736-11D0-9E69-00C04FD7C15B}, "Overlay Mixer")
LoadFilter ({70E102B0-5556-11CE-97C0-00AA0055595A}, "Video Renderer")
SourcePin ?("MPEG2Dec", "Video")
ConnectPins("MPEG2Dec", "Output", "Overlay Mixer", "Input0")
ConnectPins("Overlay Mixer", "Output", "Video Renderer", "Input")

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AnthonyP69
post Aug 9 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #2

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 117
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Nate,

Just gave it a try. Get about 80% for HD and 40% for SD. Looks good.

Having a lot of trouble with Luke's teletext/Subtitle filter. Have you tried luke's filter with this filter?

Anthony

+Quote Post
nate
post Aug 9 2004, 10:59 PM
Post #3

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

QUOTE (AnthonyP69 @ Aug 9 2004, 10:46 PM)
Having a lot of trouble with Luke's teletext/Subtitle filter.  Have you tried luke's filter with this filter?

No. I havn't managed to get Luke's filter to display anything yet even with the old GPL Mpeg decoder. It appears that i never get any pid's mapped on pin 4 of the BDA Demux, but i havn't really played with it much yet to figure out why.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_icecork_*
post Aug 10 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #4

Guests

I know nothing about programming but isn't the filter at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gplmpgdec basically the same decoder but not as updated as the latest mpc version ? The available source code contains a file 'Mpeg2DecFilterInterface.h' that appeas to provide access to the deinterlace properties dialog. Would it be possible to use that?

+Quote Post
nate
post Aug 10 2004, 07:58 AM
Post #5

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

QUOTE (icecork @ Aug 10 2004, 12:00 AM)
I know nothing about programming but isn't the filter at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gplmpgdec basically the same decoder but not as updated as the latest mpc version ?
Yes that's correct. The main reason for moving to this mpc version is that the gplmpgdec one doesn't support HD resolutions.

QUOTE (icecork @ Aug 10 2004, 12:00 AM)
The available source code contains a file 'Mpeg2DecFilterInterface.h' that appeas to provide access to the deinterlace properties dialog. Would it be possible to use that?
the guliverkli has a similar file (IMpeg2DecFilter.h) but it's the interface for the com object, not the properties dialog. The properties dialog is in the PropertyPage.h and PropertyPageSettings.cpp files which shouldn't be too hard to move across to the new project.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_icecork_*
post Aug 10 2004, 01:08 PM
Post #6

Guests

I've been using a build of the mpeg2 video decoder and also the audio decoder from the latest mpc for a while now with good results. I found both these decoders in a codec pack from http://tlcp.tzim.net/ but unfortunately the author has said he doesn't have the required knowledge to add the properties dialogs. Nate do you think you could also build the audio decoder with a properties dialog ?

+Quote Post
nate
post Aug 10 2004, 03:57 PM
Post #7

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

QUOTE (icecork @ Aug 10 2004, 01:08 PM)
... unfortunately the author has said he doesn't have the required knowledge to add the properties dialogs.  Nate do you think you could also build the audio decoder with a properties dialog ?

I should be able to do the properties dialog for the video decoder because it should just be a matter of integrating the code straight from the gplmpgdec source.
As for the audio decoder, i could probably do it, but it wouldn't be as easy, and it's not a priority so it won't happen for a while.

--------------------

+Quote Post
paul_ahb
post Apr 14 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

Member No.: 1,030
Card: None

I cannot get the mpeg2dec to work properly. I get sound and a very ocasional flicker of picture only.

the cyberlink decoders seem to work fine.

I am keen to work out how to get this working becuase I know someone who would love to be able to view subtitles and from what I have read, I will need to use the mpeg2dec filterto achieve this.

EDIT: ah actually I can get the mpeg2dec to work fine, it is only when I an trying to get subtitles to work at the same time that I have this problem. Has anyone managed to get these to work together?

Paul

+Quote Post
Guest_The_Don_*
post Nov 20 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (nate @ Aug 9 2004, 09:14 PM) *
Download MPeg2DecFilter.zip 143Kb

[/code]

Link broken - can't download mpeg2decfilter.zip
Can you point me in the direction wher I can get it please.

thanks,
Don =)

+Quote Post
a_a
post Nov 23 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #10

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,180
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Hi Don.

Try the MPV decoder from here: Media Player Classic

HTH.
A.

+Quote Post
Guest_The_Don_*
post Nov 23 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #11

Guests

QUOTE (a_a @ Nov 23 2006, 01:04 PM) *
Hi Don.

Try the MPV decoder from here: Media Player Classic

HTH.
A.

Gday A,

Got it sorted thanks for the help. (Had to download 7zip to open the file but got it in the end.)

Thanks again,
Don =)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2018 - 12:12 PM