estonia
post Feb 7 2011, 05:23 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14,055
Card: None

Hi

I am trying to use DW 2076. I have managed to get it to scan for channels in Estonia. Found all four free channels but only plays one. Small problem but not the main issue.

The channels are all in h264.

tslite log file attached with all channel details.

I have tried changing decoders but don't have any h264 decoders in brown, all greyed out. I have vlc 1.1.7 and media player classic homecinema 1.3.1249.0. Also windows mediaplayer 11 and BlazeHDTV. Blaze shows a picture, vlc does when tslite gives it a stream, I haven't tested mpc or wmp yet (Should I?). I get sound fine in DW, just would like a picture. Can anyone help? I should let you know that my pc skills are low....
Any help on either of the two issues really appreciated. I would like to not be using Blaze to watch tv, you can probably guess why..skulls and crossbones etc.
TV card is listed as Philps SAA713X Hybrid capture device but was bought as a KWorld hybrid tuner card. I no longer use the kworld hypermedia centre as it played choppy. Blaze plays beautifully...
Many thanks and kudos to the maker(s) it looks and feels nice. If only I could get it to work:-(

Ok edited because of general klutzness...
I can change channels, just didn't know how and now I do...
VLC streams the signal very well and if I could change programs/channels easily it would be a good tv solution. Not as pretty as DW though.
Under decoders H264 I now have cyberlink options (x2) and ffdshow. However none actually work.
Also now I have no sound. Not sure why, I will have to check decoders again.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  New_Text_Document__2_.txt ( 7.2K ) Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bear
post Feb 7 2011, 07:29 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

I have tried changing decoders but don't have any h264 decoders in brown
This suggests that you do not have a compatible h264 decoder installed on the computer. DW does not suppy it's own decoders, it relys on third party decoders from other applications. Suggest you look at installing DigitalTV from azurewave as a start. (DigiTV3.4)

+Quote Post
estonia
post Feb 7 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 14,055
Card: None

Hmm, ok. Every time I start DW things seem to change. I now have 2 cyberlink entries in green in the h264 decoder list. However the ffdshow entries are now greyed out despite having installed the latest ffdshow.
I do however now have sound.
The two cyberlink entries both come up as failed decoder test when I try to select them.
I have cyperlink powerdvd 7 downloading now and will also try DigitalTv as you suggested. But surely ffdshow should work?

+Quote Post
a_a
post Feb 9 2011, 02:59 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,180
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

It might depend on the version of ffdshow.

Try the following:
Start -> All Programs -> ffdshow -> Video decoder configuration
Select "DirectShow control" in the left panel
Check the box next to "Show dialog when an unknown application tries to load ffdshow." in the right panel.

Restart DW.

+Quote Post
Randi123
post Aug 14 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #5

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 15,123
Card: Vstream DVB-t

a_a, thanks a lot for your help! This is really very useful, I should say! I had the same problem!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 07:37 AM