IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ScanChannelsBDA 2.0.0.8 output format, ScanChannelsBDA 2.0.0.8 output format incorrect for channels.xml
djrmj
post Nov 1 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,850
Card: Leadtek DTV1000T

Hi

I am very new, but have managed to get DigitalWatch functioning.

I found ScanChannelsBDA 2.0.0.8 and was impressed at the potential time saving, but the output format isn't the same as in the file channels.xml

I am not talented enough to try to cut and paste and add/ change bits of my own.

Is there a way to use scanchannelsbda to output a file ready to use as the channels.xml file in DigitalWatch 2.0.7.6 ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Nov 3 2010, 10:41 AM
Post #2

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

The short answer is no.

ScanChannelsBDA was originally written for DW 1, which didn't include the ability to scan channels itself. When v2 was developed and included scanning I didn't see the need to update SCBDA to the new format.

It seems to get used mostly now for diagnostics, like checking signal strength. You might find it useful to run a scan of all frequencies in SCBDA to get a list of your local frequencies. DW contains lists of frequencies for each region but they haven't been updated in a while and there are some new stations (at least in my area).

--------------------

+Quote Post
djrmj
post Nov 3 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,850
Card: Leadtek DTV1000T

QUOTE (nate @ Nov 3 2010, 11:41 AM) *
The short answer is no.

ScanChannelsBDA was originally written for DW 1, which didn't include the ability to scan channels itself. When v2 was developed and included scanning I didn't see the need to update SCBDA to the new format.

It seems to get used mostly now for diagnostics, like checking signal strength. You might find it useful to run a scan of all frequencies in SCBDA to get a list of your local frequencies. DW contains lists of frequencies for each region but they haven't been updated in a while and there are some new stations (at least in my area).

Thanks for the reply. How do I to run a scan of all frequencies in SCBDA to get a list of local frequencies?
I selected "AUSTRALIA" only managed to scan by moving up and down the frequency list, changing the offset as I went, and pressing "enter" to get just that frequency (channel) to scan.

+Quote Post
nate
post Nov 3 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #4

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Choosing the option to scan all australian frequencies in SCBDA will run through and scan each frequency including the offsets.

You still then have to manually select and scan each frequency in DW, but at least you'll be able to see in the SCBDA results which ones have signal.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 06:58 AM