Peter Hocking
post Jun 3 2010, 10:57 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,484
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Hi

I'm a new DigitalWatch user & am wondering if there is a Howto, (instructions), available for it.

TIA

Peter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Jun 4 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #2

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Hi Peter,

No, there's not really a how to guide unfortunately. There are a few posts on this forum where the basics have been explained, but I'll do it again here and sticky it so this can become sort of like the getting started guide.

Setup instructions for DW 2.0.7.6

The first step is to extract the zip file to a folder to be run. This can be in C:\Program Files\DigitalWatch, however DW writes its config files in it's own folder and Vista and Windows 7 don't like this, so I usually create a C:\Apps\ folder, allow everyone permission to it, then create the DigitalWatch folder in there.

Run DigitalWatch.exe.
The first time it is run it will:
  • Automatically execute Filters\DWRegister.bat which will register the TSFileSource.ax and DSNet.ax directshow filters.
  • Scan through Decoders.xml and try to auto detect the first working decoder for each of the types in MediaTypes.xml. Most of the time this works so you don't have to worry about it, but if no decoders can be found then tv won't play properly.
  • Scan for available DVB-T devices and add them to BDA_DVB-T\Cards.xml. Cards are automatically selected for use the first time they are detected. You don't need to enable them unless they've previously been disabled.

At this point you should see the on screen main menu.

Now, controlling DWII. It has very limited mouse support. You can left click and drag anywhere to move the window, and left double click will toggle fullscreen. Other than that most control should be done with the keyboard. At menus you can use the Arrow keys, and Enter to make selections. Escape will close the menu. F1 will Open the Main Menu. the X key will close DW at any time.

Select "Watch TV". When no channels have been scanned then it will take you to the TV Menu where you can scan channels. Once channels have been scanned Watch TV will take you straight to watching tv. If you want to get to the TV Menu again at that stage you can use the F2 key.

From the TV Menu select Channel Setup. Then select Select Region.
Use the up and down arrows to select your region, then press to right arrow to open the frequencies for that region.
Press Enter to begin scanning the first frequency.

If your region is not in the list you can use the "Default" option at the bottom which will list all frequencies.

After you have scanned your first frequency you should be hearing the audio and have the video appearing behind the menu. If not then you may not have a working mpeg2 decoder loaded. See the Main Menu->Settings->A-V Decoder menu for trying different decoders. If you can hear the audio but not see the video then the scan has worked and you can continue scanning the remaining frequencies, but you will need to address the video decoder issue later.

Assuming your first channel scan worked you can press the down arrow then enter to begin scanning the second frequency, and so on for the remaining channels. For each scan, wait for the A/V to begin playing, and the Scanning message to dissappear, and then move on to the next.

Once all channels are scanned you can close DW (using the X key) to make sure all the settings get saved. Then relaunch digitalwatch.exe and select Watch TV to begin watching TV.

While watching TV you can use the Enter key to bring up the channel list. Select a network and use the right arrow to show the channels under each.

There are keyboard shortcuts for most things which are defined in the Keys.xml and BDA_DVB-T\Keys.xml files. See the Keyboard Mappings.pdf file for a list of what each key does.

Hopefully that's enough for a getting started process. If you have any problems or don't understand something let me know and I'll clarify.

nate

--------------------

+Quote Post
NeoCortex
post Aug 23 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,130
Card: None

Hi nate,

sorry for bringing up this "dead thread" but how can i get a channel list for germany, braunschweig?
I could not find anything with the forum search.

Best regards, NeoCortex.

+Quote Post
nate
post Aug 31 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #4

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Hi NeoCortex,

The DigitalWatch regions list is fairly limited and I gave up updating it. What I did fail to put in the guide above (which I've now added) is
If your region is not in the list you can use the "Default" option at the bottom which will list all frequencies.

I don't know if there's an official place to find the specific frequencies for your area, but you might find what you need in the xml files that MediaPortal uses. Here's a link to the folder of xml file in source control. https://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.net/svn...Parameters/dvbt

cheers,
nate

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2018 - 01:26 PM