Wi-Fi
post Feb 8 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 11,814
Card: None

Hi :
I was new to DigitalWatch. I have downloaded the latest version of digitalwatch with an attempt to use the timeshifting functionality.
I modified the files in region folder to comply with the frequency of my country. I can correctly scan channel and watch a program without timeshifting.
But when I tried to test the timeshift functionality, it failed. The message show that it failed to create a file ( seems to be the temporarily file used for timeshifting ). Because the EPG data of my country is not english, it can not be displayed properly on the creen. I guess maybe this is the problem when the program tried to create a file. Anyone have idea with this problem ?

Archer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wi-Fi
post Feb 8 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #2

Participant

QUOTE (Wi-Fi @ Feb 8 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Hi :
I was new to DigitalWatch. I have downloaded the latest version of digitalwatch with an attempt to use the timeshifting functionality.
I modified the files in region folder to comply with the frequency of my country. I can correctly scan channel and watch a program without timeshifting.
But when I tried to test the timeshift functionality, it failed. The message show that it failed to create a file ( seems to be the temporarily file used for timeshifting ). Because the EPG data of my country is not english, it can not be displayed properly on the creen. I guess maybe this is the problem when the program tried to create a file. Anyone have idea with this problem ?

Archer.

Or somebody can teach me how to modify the name of the buffer file generated by DigitalWatch. It may solve the problem...

BR. Archer.

+Quote Post
bear
post Feb 9 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Have a look in the digitalwatch.log file for the file names, also why it might be failing to create the timeshift files.

+Quote Post
Wi-Fi
post Feb 10 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #4

Participant

QUOTE (bear @ Feb 9 2009, 08:29 PM) *
Have a look in the digitalwatch.log file for the file names, also why it might be failing to create the timeshift files.

I found the file name can be modified through channel.xml temporarily. Once the file name can be read, it can turn on timeshifting. When the DWII completed the process of constructing graph and started to rendering the TS, it would update the service name again. Thus, I failed to change channel if I want to. BTW, I lived in TW, the characters here is chinese BIG5, each word need 2 bytes to represent.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 06:51 AM