> TV Scheduler Pro, its the same but different
null_pointer
post Feb 17 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

To help distinguish between the new free open source version and the older paid for verion I have changed the name of the latest build and form now going forward the new name will be:

TV Scheduler Pro

The new version is available for download now, if you are installing this version over the top of the older version it is recommended to uninstall the old version and then install this version.

I have also uploaded the source to a SVN server using the Source Forge service, I will be posting more info on how people can contribute to the project and use the SVN server in the development forum tomorrow.

Download Page
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Feb 17 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,512

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Feb 17 2009, 10:40 PM) *
To help distinguish between the new free open source version and the older paid for verion I have changed the name of the latest build and form now going forward the new name will be:

TV Scheduler Pro

The new version is available for download now, if you are installing this version over the top of the older version it is recommended to uninstall the old version and then install this version.

I have also uploaded the source to a SVN server using the Source Forge service, I will be posting more info on how people can contribute to the project and use the SVN server in the development forum tomorrow.

Download Page

Not to be confused with "Open TV Scheduler" and "DV Scheduler" both forks from WebScheduler 4.0.14

+Quote Post
Jim Puchai
post Mar 4 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,115
Card: DNTV Live Dual Hybrid PCIe S2

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Feb 17 2009, 10:40 PM) *

TV Scheduler Pro

Download Page

I installed the new version yesterday and it was a very easy process.

Unless you want to go through the whole set-up process again I highly recommend using the built in backup process before you uninstall the older version.

+Quote Post
auenf
post Mar 17 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 68
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t / DVICO FusionHDTV

WS is back being free again it seems, altho i'm not sure if i'm looking in the right place but two features i rely on don't seem to be in the build:

- ignore schedule overlaps over and above the number of devices: i had a 2min overlap, so one of the schedules failed in the auto-add stage.

- auto delete captures to free hdd space: ws got to the min drive space, the stopped and restarted the captures many times.

i am looking forward to getting these two issues sorted so i can go back to using dvr-ms as my preferred capture format without having to worry about multiple recordings on the same frequency.

Enf....

--------------------
computer specs
This post is not to be taken entirely seriously, my tongue is permanantly attached to my cheek(s).

+Quote Post
auenf
post Apr 18 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

a bug i've noticed:

1. use the epg to add a schedule

2. goto the schedule list and view the details (log icon) of the the schedule, you'll see something like this:

CODE
Created From :

Title      : Hot Fuzz
Sub Title  :
Start      : Sat Apr 18 21:05:00 EST 2009
Duration   : 135

3. edit the schedule, just change the post capture task (in my case, i have a task to add metadata to dvr-ms files from the .xml file)

4. go back to the 'log icon' and the 'created from :' is no longer there, which also means the .xml file only has the capture details, not the epg details.

surely editing simple things on a schedule should lose the epg 'link'.

also (and maybe nice as a workaround for this issue) is there (or could it be added) somewhere to set a post capture task to be enabled to a new schedule by default, rather than me having to edit every schedule to add my dvr-ms metadata task? (or even the same for auto-delete as well)

Enf...

This post has been edited by auenf: Apr 18 2009, 06:57 PM

--------------------
computer specs
This post is not to be taken entirely seriously, my tongue is permanantly attached to my cheek(s).

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Apr 18 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #6

Web Scheduler Developer

surely editing simple things on a schedule should lose the epg 'link'.

yes editing removes the created from link

somewhere to set a post capture task to be enabled to a new schedule by default

this can be done, on the task set up page there is a drop down to the default post capture task to use for schedules.

+Quote Post
raym
post Apr 19 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #7

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,227
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

QUOTE (auenf @ Apr 18 2009, 06:54 PM) *
i have a task to add metadata to dvr-ms files from the .xml file

Wow! Care to elaborate on how this task works please? I'd love to be able to do this and would be keen on seeing this function built into TVSP one day..

+Quote Post
auenf
post Apr 22 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

QUOTE (raym @ Apr 19 2009, 06:59 PM) *
Wow! Care to elaborate on how this task works please? I'd love to be able to do this and would be keen on seeing this function built into TVSP one day..

essentially using these powershell scripts:

http://babgvant.com/forums/t/760.aspx

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Apr 18 2009, 07:53 PM) *
yes editing removes the created from link

anyway to change this so it matches what used to happen in 4.0.14?

QUOTE (null_pointer @ Apr 18 2009, 07:53 PM) *
this can be done, on the task set up page there is a drop down to the default post capture task to use for schedules.

what about for autodelete?

Enf...

This post has been edited by auenf: Apr 22 2009, 02:17 PM

--------------------
computer specs

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Apr 22 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #9

Web Scheduler Developer

anyway to change this so it matches what used to happen in 4.0.14?

that was a bug in 4.0.14

what about for autodelete?

from memory for items added from the EPG manually (i.e. using the EPG) there is no global auto-delete ON by default option

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Apr 26 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #10

Forum Regular

Member No.: 1,988
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

QUOTE (auenf @ Mar 17 2009, 11:56 AM) *
WS is back being free again it seems, altho i'm not sure if i'm looking in the right place but two features i rely on don't seem to be in the build:

- ignore schedule overlaps over and above the number of devices: i had a 2min overlap, so one of the schedules failed in the auto-add stage.

- auto delete captures to free hdd space: ws got to the min drive space, the stopped and restarted the captures many times.

i am looking forward to getting these two issues sorted so i can go back to using dvr-ms as my preferred capture format without having to worry about multiple recordings on the same frequency.

Enf....

I have built a custom version that overcomes the overlap issue...

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?show...c=10869&hl=

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 09:44 AM