IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dw2.0.1.* Command Line Parameters, Can I use the TV:// param to select a specific Service_Id or LCN
Guest_snerkle_*
post May 7 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hi,
is it possible to add a qualifier to the TV:// URL as a command line parameter to DW2 to get it to start playing a specific channel (by Service_Id, LCN or name) when it opens?

I've been experimenting with appending things to the TV:// or as a seperate parameter, but whenever I do DW opens to a blank screen, and doesn't appear to be in "Watch TV" mode.

Cheers,
Snerkle.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bear
post May 7 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

hi snerkle,
is it possible to add a qualifier to the TV:// URL as a command line parameter to DW2 to get it to start playing a specific channel (by Service_Id, LCN or name) when it opens?

I've been experimenting with appending things to the TV:// or as a seperate parameter, but whenever I do DW opens to a blank screen, and doesn't appear to be in "Watch TV" mode.

The format is "TV://originalNetworkId:transportStreamId:networkId[/serviceId]"

Example shortcut is
"C:\Program Files\DigitalWatch\DigitalWatchII\DigitalWatch.exe" "TV://0x1013:1284:12840/0x546"
You can have either hex or decimal as per the example. You can get the values from the channels.xml file.

+Quote Post
Guest_snerkle_*
post May 7 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #3

Guests

Thanks Bear,
that will get me going for now.

Wondering if as an enhacement, one of the developers (you or nate by the look of it) could look at implementing any of the following variations (or similar):

TV://LCN:nnn
TV://serviceId:0xHH
TV://name:string where string is a service name

I only propose these on the basis that the LCN (and by the look of it the serviceId) are expected to be unique in a single geography. I know from reading other threads that they are not always, but then it could just be a matter of stopping at the first match, as duplicates should be the exception. The same approach could be applied when using the service name (knowing that is far less likely to be unique).

Cheers,
Snerkle.

+Quote Post
bear
post May 7 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Will have a look and try and get it in the next test build if it's easy enough.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 06:15 AM