Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Tool: Web Scheduler (Part I)
Guest_primer_*
post Jul 30 2003, 10:59 AM
Post #21

Guests

Null I am in Melbourne and I have double checked the freq and Vpid etc are right.
I unzipped your file to a folder. under cmd, cd into that folder. and typed
capture.exe 177500 650 612 10 "test.mpg" (the vpids I cann't remember now, but it was the correct one).
Do we need anything else installed? like SDK. I have the captureengine.dll copied to the same folder, but cannot register it. I will send you screen dump latter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_smoothchat_*
post Jul 30 2003, 11:13 AM
Post #22

Guests

I used...

Capture.exe 191625 512 650 60 "s:test.mpg"

That's for 9HD in Melbourne. Is that a problem?

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Jul 30 2003, 11:19 AM
Post #23

Guests

Hi Shaun, thanks for the response re capture paths.

Do you have any suggestions on how to debug a continual failure of lockchannel...

win32-DLL : Trying to Lock Channel 191625
lockChannel() = -1

(I am assuming that -1 is failure).

BJ

+Quote Post
Rob S
post Jul 30 2003, 11:34 AM
Post #24

Forum Regular
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

I get this error:
CODE
D:WebServer>capture 191625 519 720 10 "blah.mpg"

win32-DLL : Trying to Init System

Error in init:-2

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jul 30 2003, 11:45 AM
Post #25

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

Yep, it looks like you need the new filters to make this work.

The source filter has now been added to the main download zip. See the Readme in the zip.

+Quote Post
303-Acid
post Jul 30 2003, 12:15 PM
Post #26

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: Members
Member No.: 80

I got exactly the same as magicrob. Have dl'd and will give it a go tonight.

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Jul 30 2003, 12:34 PM
Post #27

Guests

Yep, it looks like you need the new filters to make this work.

Download the following zip and follow the instructions in the README.txt, it would be good if someone could try this and let me know how it goes.
http://www.digtv.ws/temp/WinDTV%20SDK.zip

Ohhh yeah baby yeah baby yeah.

(It works. Anyone who is having channel locking problems, do the filter thing suggested by Shaun in the quote above).

Thanks

BJ

+Quote Post
Guest_smoothchat_*
post Jul 30 2003, 12:39 PM
Post #28

Guests

I would try registering the "thsource.ax" first and see if that is enough to get things going.

The thsplit.ax is already registered as part of the windtv/digibox install. Infact, thsplit isn't even in the zip file so the reference in the reg.reg file is redundant.

thDemux.ax is a new one. Can this take the place of the Windows mpeg2-splitter at playback time??

and what is thts.ax ??

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Jul 30 2003, 12:46 PM
Post #29

Guests

I tried both - capture worked perfectly. (haven't tried any HD streams, yet, though).

However WinDTV stopped playing back either live or captured data.

I created a new reg that swapped back to the files in C:Program FilesPC-TVCommonBin, and WinDTV now works but capture doesn't.

I'll try thsource.ax alone, and see if that doesn't give me both capture and playback.

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Jul 30 2003, 12:58 PM
Post #30

Guests

Confirmed - the new thsource.ax mentioned a few posts up works well for both capture using Shaun's app and WinDTV, and allows live and recorded playback using WinDTV.

It would therefore appear that the current version of WinDTV isn't compatible with the newer thsplit.ax. When you're editing the .reg file to use the path where you've saved the thsource.ax etc, delete the section headed

CODE
; *******************************************************************************
; *                             DVB TS Splitter                                 *
; *******************************************************************************

or comment out the lines with a leading semi-colon up to

CODE
; *                             Properties Param                                *

+Quote Post
Guest_HoffY_*
post Jul 30 2003, 01:15 PM
Post #31

Guests

Hmm during my playback and recording in WinDTV i get video pauses and then it tries to "catch up" to re-sync itself back to the audio (which doesnt seem to be effected, it plays audio find all the time). Do you think this file has something to do with that or is it realted to WinDTV?

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jul 30 2003, 01:27 PM
Post #32

Web Scheduler Developer

It looks like the reg file has not been updated from the previous SDK, I have removed the references to the splitter, the reg file now just contains the source filter.

The source filter has now been added ot the main zip download, see the reradme file in the main zip file for more info.

+Quote Post
Guest_smoothchat_*
post Jul 30 2003, 01:32 PM
Post #33

Guests

BJReplay,

by running the original reg.reg, you were re-registering the thsplit (which is normally in the C:Program FilesPC-TVCommonBin directory and pointing it to a non existent filter (the zip didn't contain thsplit). That is more likely why WinDTV stopped running.

NullPointer

I am hoping to use the command line tool to capture HD. At 100 mb per minute it wont take long to hit 4gb. What does your tool do when it hits the 4gb mark. Does it continue, or does it start a new capture file? (I guess I'll find out myself soon enough)

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Jul 30 2003, 01:47 PM
Post #34

Web Scheduler Developer

smoothchat,

If you are using a drive with FAT32 then it will more than likely crash. If you are using NTFS it will capture until your hard drive fills up and then crash.

I have successfully capture 9 gig on my NTFS drive.

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Jul 30 2003, 01:57 PM
Post #35

Guests

BJReplay,

by running the original reg.reg, you were re-registering the thsplit (which is normally in the C:Program FilesPC-TVCommonBin directory and pointing it to a non existent filter (the zip didn't contain thsplit).  That is more likely why WinDTV stopped running.

Umm, yes - didn't notice that till you pointed it out!

I'll let you know in about 35 minutes what happens after 4GB smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Jul 30 2003, 03:22 PM
Post #36

Guests

9HD Loop = more or less 4GB per hour (no audio was captured - see below). 1:07 = 4.5GB, so Shaun's capture tool kept on writing past the notional 4GB "barrier" without any problems.

However, it didn't capture any audio - I don't know if that's because I didn't have the right APID - I read somewhere (I think renura posted) that AC3 audio doesn't actually have a APID. Not sure what the story is, but it doesn't appear to have made it into the MPEG file. One of the sample mpeg files from the DVICO website with AC3 audio shows up as having AC3Filter as the audio codec in WMP (I installed that site mentioned in the links thread in this forum).

Also, I had to edit both the channels.lst and the add.inc to add 9HD to the list of channels available in the webserver based capture util.

+Quote Post
Guest_smoothchat_*
post Jul 30 2003, 03:43 PM
Post #37

Guests

Were you writing to a Fat32 or NTFS partition?

Not recording audio is a bit of a disappointment. In Melbourne I use apid 650 and vpid 512. Those settings work fine via WinDTV. I guess we need to know how to specify a "private" audio stream.

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Jul 30 2003, 03:52 PM
Post #38

Guests

NTFS (FAT32, what's that? :wink:)

I used the same VPID / APID as you.

+Quote Post
Guest_smoothchat_*
post Jul 30 2003, 06:50 PM
Post #39

Guests

NullPointer.

I successfully captured HD with audio, but it plays back with very choppy video which pixelates as tho it's corrupted. The audio plays fine tho

Recordings made with WinDTV are super smooth.

Looks like the command line might only do SD properly for some reason.

+Quote Post
Guest_primer_*
post Jul 31 2003, 10:33 AM
Post #40

Guests

Null,
Truely brilliant! This exe give me ultimate flexibility. All I have to do now is to edit some bat files and schedule them in the Window sheculer, which is million times better and more reliable than WinDTV.
I think I will watch the HDs when the next version of WinDTV comes out.
Just a feedback.
The exe seems unable to run if the previous run was terminately abnormally, say by closing the dos window or end the task manually. I restart the pc and everything works again.
I have tried recording while playback, works great. Question, will it be able to capture two channels in the same time?
Thank you very much!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 09:58 AM