cainef
post May 10 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,164
Card: None

Hi,
I need some assistance with running a batch command from a captured IR signal...

BACKGROUND

I have set my parents up a Vista media center using a mac mini, unfortunately there is no physical eject button on the machine and none from within Vista media center.
I also got them a Logitech Harmony universal remote which I can program to learn any IR signal.

They using this with the Microsoft Media Center IR receiver connected to the Mac Mini (this also controls Amps, TV etc..).

I have setup a batch file using nircmd to eject the drive, which runs fine.

What I would like to be able to do is program an IR signal into the logitech remote that can be assigned to the eject button (This could be any IR signal for a device they are not using - currently I am using an eject button from a sony DVD player).

I would like to set up HIP so that when I press the button eject button HIP intercepts this and then runs the batch file to eject the drive.

Is HIP able to do this?

I have attempted to do this already but am having issues...

WHAT I HAVE DONE
* I ran the HIP setup wizard.
* Selected the MCE Interface
* Set the application to eject.bat
* Under the default profile I added a value and used the IR signal from the Sony DVD eject which it picks up.
* Selected Run

When I press the eject button on the SOny remote nothing happens, however when I right click on the HIP icon in the task bar and select eject.bat the command runs.

Can anyone help me or walkme through what I should be doing?

NOTE: I have done this on my XP laptop with the same results.

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post May 10 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

It is not really possible to do this with the Wizard because what you need to set up is a System-Wide key (the applications are used to change the key functions). I would set up your Harmony remote to work as a MCE remote as there will be no compatibility problems (the MCE remote can read some IR commands from other systems, but it is hit and miss which ones work, and which ones don't). You can only teach Hip IR Commands you want to transmit, NOT receive.

So if that is OK, go into the Properties screen (Ctrl-P), go the Alternate Input tab, press the Add Value button. Press the button on your remote and if it is recognised, you will be at the Add Value screen where you can enter a description, and press the Execute Program button and enter the details for Eject.bat here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cainef
post May 10 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,164
Card: None

QUOTE (btmi @ May 10 2009, 01:14 PM) *
It is not really possible to do this with the Wizard because what you need to set up is a System-Wide key (the applications are used to change the key functions). I would set up your Harmony remote to work as a MCE remote as there will be no compatibility problems (the MCE remote can read some IR commands from other systems, but it is hit and miss which ones work, and which ones don't). You can only teach Hip IR Commands you want to transmit, NOT receive.

So if that is OK, go into the Properties screen (Ctrl-P), go the Alternate Input tab, press the Add Value button. Press the button on your remote and if it is recognised, you will be at the Add Value screen where you can enter a description, and press the Execute Program button and enter the details for Eject.bat here.

Thank you for you quick response - that was exactly what I was looking for!
It now works.

Thank you again

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 09:09 PM