> DNTV Scheduler Pro 2.067, Released
4wd
post Feb 5 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #21

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,953
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Nope, it's still there - the previous screengrab is from Monday, 8th. It seems to get progressively worse the closer to the current date you are, ie. the more EIT scans that are performed for a date.

It doesn't stand out that far ahead but you can pick out small slivers of 1 minute here and there, see below for Saturday, 13th.

The info is from the 1 minute program but is clearly referring to the main program below which has 'No information'.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  greenshot_2010_02_05_18_14_48.png ( 14.46K ) Number of downloads: 9

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bear
post Feb 5 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #22

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

I think the problem is the ABC. The double scheduling started with the commencement of ABC3. No idea why but on the plus side I just noticed that next week the double scheduling no longer seems to happen. Let's hope so.
I would tend to agree with the timing and does appear to be a problem for ABC2 & 3 only. All other networks seem to be fine. I have previously seen that double enties of the same program on ABC and found these to be related to the way in which the program EIT data is supplied by the ABC. All EPG Events have an ID code that is attached to the guide data for each program. If a change to the start time of the program needs to be relayed to the viewer then normally the same Event ID is used and the guide info is just updated. At a guess I would suggest that the ABC is creating new Event ID's for changes to programs so in effect this would be displayed by scheduler as the same program starting at two different times and has been the cause of the guide time and displayed program position getting out of sync.

A fix was implemented recently to identify these new event ID's and truncate any previous entries to keep the guide format stable but alas this now causes a gap of the time difference to be kept in the epg data and gets displayed with the same program. I will look at a solution to maybe identify if the two events have the same program info so we can just dump the preveious event rather than truncate the time.

+Quote Post
4wd
post Feb 5 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #23

Participant

Thanks bear, another thought though - perhaps an option in the Auto Add settings to specify the minimum duration of a program?

eg. You specify 15 minutes and any program with a duration less than this won't be Auto Added.

This would (kind of) solve the ABC EIT problem while adding another useful option to Auto Add to avoid matching wrong programs.

+Quote Post
bear
post Feb 6 2010, 09:32 AM
Post #24

Forum Regular

This would (kind of) solve the ABC EIT problem while adding another useful option to Auto Add to avoid matching wrong programs.
This would involve a lot of time to implement that I have not got atm, I have added a change to work around the issue if you wish to try it. Download this file DNTVSchedulerPro.jar, stop the scheduler service from the notification icon right click menu under options, copy over the file into the program files\DNTVSchedulerPro directory to replace the existing one and restart the service. You may have to do a "reload data" of the epg from the setup page.

+Quote Post
4wd
post Feb 6 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #25

Participant

QUOTE (bear @ Feb 6 2010, 10:32 AM) *
I have added a change to work around the issue if you wish to try it.

Thanks, installed it.

The result is the 1-3 minute programs are still there, (almost 90% of ABC programs), but they have been specified as 'EMPTY' so as such don't get picked up by the Auto Add.

So it works as intended - if the intention was to remove duplicate program Auto Adds that is wink.gif

Thanks again bear, this will at least save some space on my HDD when I head OS in a couple of weeks.

+Quote Post
bear
post Feb 6 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #26

Forum Regular

So it works as intended - if the intention was to remove duplicate program Auto Adds that is
Yes this was the intent, the empty gaps are also intended as they are the gaps between the programs where broadcasters stick news updates and promos. The problem is that the time info given in the EIT data is too exact to their presentation schedule, not like it would be say in the TV Weekly magazines.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 09:10 AM