IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to record in real HD resolutions ???, Just liek to know.
Paul Mathews
post Aug 7 2005, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,188
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

know of that 720 by 576 or whatever Divo think is HD. Iwant to record in the Resolution the Program is being displayed in or me choose the resolution.

Like 1280 by 720 or 1920 by 1080.

If i tell the divco software to record in native mpeg 2. Will that record the resolution that the program is being displayed in. And if so at what bitrate ???

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
renura
post Aug 7 2005, 10:05 AM
Post #2

Enthusiast

Member No.: 38
Card: None

DTV recording is always done in the format broadcast, there is no change made.
So whatever is being broadast it is recorded, at all times smile.gif

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
kenneth
post Aug 7 2005, 09:06 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Member No.: 144
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t / DVICO FusionHDTV

Paul,

I think you need to learn some Netiquette (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette). Swearing is something that doesn't help people (maybe Rob should turn on the bad word filter). Also, capital letters is considered shouting.

As for your question, Renura's first post is correct. The resolution you are seeing is what Renura has described.

If you want more detail, please do a search for capture or reply nicely here.

--------------------
From Kenneth
AMD Athlon 2600+, 1.25GB RAM, ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Wireless Edition, Geforce 4 MX440SE (connected to Viewsonic E71f), DNTV Live! DVB-T, DNTV Live! DVB-T Pro, DVICO FusionHDTV , FusionHDTV USB owner, and I also have a VisionPlus DVB-S card

+Quote Post
gshcarter
post Aug 7 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 316
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Paul, if you are referring to the container mode (mpg,ts,dvr-ms) it doean't actually affect the data inside. You are just recording the transmission without modification.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paul Mathews
post Aug 8 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

QUOTE (chaumurky @ Aug 7 2005, 11:20 PM)
Paul, if you are referring to the container mode (mpg,ts,dvr-ms) it doean't actually affect the data inside. You are just recording the transmission without modification.

How do i record in container mode ??

No matter what options i choose the record is 576by720. And i know the broadcast is not at that resolution.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Guest_Russty1_*
post Aug 8 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Paul Mathews @ Aug 8 2005, 01:41 PM)

No matter what options i choose the record is 576by720. And i know the broadcast is not at that resolution.

Thanks.

Are you sure you are recording the HD channel? Each station has SD (576i by 720) and HD. Then you have to remember that 7, SBS and ABC HD channels are in 576p whereas Ch 9 and 10 HD are 1080i. So there is no way you will get 7 HD in 1080i, it will always show as 576p which is suppose to be HD quality. Also ensure you are recording the sub channel only.

+Quote Post
Paul Mathews
post Aug 8 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #7

Forum Regular

QUOTE (Russty1 @ Aug 8 2005, 03:29 PM)

Thanks.

Are you sure you are recording the HD channel? Each station has SD (576i by 720) and HD. Then you have to remember that 7, SBS and ABC HD channels are in 576p whereas Ch 9 and 10 HD are 1080i. So there is no way you will get 7 HD in 1080i, it will always show as 576p which is suppose to be HD quality. Also ensure you are recording the sub channel only.

How do i only record the sub channel only. If the Dvico softeares says the channel is 1080i will the resolution be 1920 by 1080. Or not ?

Also which once shoudl i use container mode (mpg,ts,dvr-ms). I just want to record the show iam recording and nothing else. But i have no idea what to choose. If i select native mpeg mode is that what i shoud use ??

Thanks. When i do record to mepg i cant view the file swiht the remote. Like if its ts file. Which is STUPID i have have to go to the keyboard an mouse sad.gif

Thanks for the help.

+Quote Post
Guest_Russty1_*
post Aug 9 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (Paul Mathews @ Aug 8 2005, 11:12 PM)

Thanks.

How do i only record the sub channel only. If the Dvico softeares says the channel is 1080i will the resolution be 1920 by 1080. Or not ?

Also which once shoudl i use container mode (mpg,ts,dvr-ms). I just want to record the show iam recording and nothing else. But i have no idea what to choose. If i select native mpeg mode is that what i shoud use ??

Thanks. When i do record to mepg i cant view the file swiht the remote. Like if its ts file. Which is STUPID i have have to go to the keyboard an mouse sad.gif

Thanks for the help.

Hi Paul,

To record the sub channel only, when you click RECORD you should then get a box in which you select the DURATION and then OK. You have to click the little square next to CURRENT SUB CHANNEL ONLY before you click OK. If the Instant Recording box does not appear when you click RECORD then you have to go into the Configuration section and in the Record tab uncheck the Direct Record box.

If your Fusion control panel says 1080i then the program will be in 1920 x 1080 which is widescreen HD. As I mentioned previously, Ch 7, ABC and SBS will always show up as 576p. I don't know anything about container mode, but if you want to record in mpeg then if you checked the 'Digital Capture in Native MPEG' box in the configuration section under the Record tab, then all your recordings will be in MPEG unless you uncheck the box. As for the MPEG recordings not being able to be viewed with the remote, I didn't know that until now, as before they use to work fine, so it must be something to do with the latest software. I will have to ask DVICO about that.

Hope this is of some help. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Paul Mathews
post Aug 10 2005, 03:06 AM
Post #9

Forum Regular

Thanks russty 1. lotsof info i realy wanted to knwo. YO Bozos i know what a HD channel is. Got all my Favs on onyl he HD channels not SD channels please.

Even though most of the HD content is upconverted i would think YUKKY sad.gif

I did watch Totaly Wild r whatever its called. And it looked great for HD. But fromw hat i read eventhat is not true HD as its reosolution is 1440 by 1080 and not 1920 by 1080. Why do yhey screw us like this.

Channel 7 and others think 576 is HD and now the rest are screwing us sad.gif

I FEEL SOOOO SAD.

Thanks anyway.

QUOTE (Russty1 @ Aug 9 2005, 05:04 PM)

Thanks.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Paul,

To record the sub channel only, when you click RECORD you should then get a box in which you select the DURATION and then OK. You have to click the little square next to CURRENT SUB CHANNEL ONLY before you click OK. If the Instant Recording box does not appear when you click RECORD then you have to go into the Configuration section and in the Record tab uncheck the Direct Record box.

If your Fusion control panel says 1080i then the program will be in 1920 x 1080 which is widescreen HD. As I mentioned previously, Ch 7, ABC and SBS will always show up as 576p. I don't know anything about container mode, but if you want to record in mpeg then if you checked the 'Digital Capture in Native MPEG' box in the configuration section under the Record tab, then all your recordings will be in MPEG unless you uncheck the box. As for the MPEG recordings not being able to be viewed with the remote, I didn't know that until now, as before they use to work fine, so it must be something to do with the latest software. I will have to ask DVICO about that.

+Quote Post
Paul Mathews
post Aug 10 2005, 03:57 AM
Post #10

Forum Regular

Ok got it. If i select capture to native Mpeg2. It shows the subchannel box and stuff its ticked but its greyed out. So i can't change it. So i suppose its only recording the sbchannel right ????

What version of the software do you have to view mepeg2 with the divco software. Mine only lets be view .ts files sad.gif

Thanks.

QUOTE (Paul Mathews @ Aug 10 2005, 03:06 AM)
Thanks russty 1. lotsof info i realy wanted to knwo. YO Bozos i know what a HD channel is. Got all my Favs on onyl he HD channels not SD channels please.

Even though most of the HD content is upconverted i would think YUKKY sad.gif

I did watch Totaly Wild r whatever its called. And it looked great for HD. But fromw hat i read eventhat is not true HD as its reosolution is 1440 by 1080 and not 1920 by 1080. Why do yhey screw us like this.

Channel 7 and others think 576 is HD and now the rest are screwing us sad.gif

I FEEL SOOOO SAD.

Thanks anyway.

QUOTE (Russty1 @ Aug 9 2005, 05:04 PM)

Thanks.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Paul,

+Quote Post
Guest_Russty1_*
post Aug 10 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #11

Guests

Well, of course I forgot but when you record in MPEG the sub channel area will be greyed out as it only records the sub channel. I always record in .tp.

Don't be so hard on 576p. 576p has twice as many lines of data per frame as what 576i does, that is why it is considered to be HD quality, although it is not as impressive as 1080i. Unfortunatly we are at the mercy of the TV channels as to how they show their programs. Fusion can only record what is broadcast!

As to getting your remote to open MPEG files, you could try the previous version 3.0rc. I think that one did it, if not I am sure 2.99 did.

Don't wory about not knowing how all this stuf works, I have still learning myself with lots of help from the guys on this forum.

Have fun!

+Quote Post
gshcarter
post Aug 28 2005, 06:38 PM
Post #12

Forum Regular

Member No.: 316
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

QUOTE (Russty1 @ Aug 10 2005, 11:06 AM)
576p has twice as many lines of data per frame as what 576i does

Right and wrong actually - over the duration of one frame they have the same resolution - only 576i displays it in two stages - odd lines then even lines. With 576p what you gain in percieved spatial (x,y) resolution you lose in temporal (time)as 576i updated the image at twice the speed. Progressive is sharper but interlaced is smoother, if you get my drift. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 09:36 AM