> Dual HTDV tuner solution, coming soon
renura
post May 2 2005, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

Working on it now, and if it proves viable, it will be out within a few weeks smile.gif
Attached File  DSC00377_smaller.JPG ( 40.39K ) Number of downloads: 143

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Sean C_*
post May 2 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Guests

Hi Renura,

So, you need to use 2x internal USB ports, or bring 2x cables out of the box? Not sure that it really counts as a dual tuner solution....

Cheers,
Sean.

+Quote Post
renura
post May 2 2005, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Enthusiast

QUOTE (Sean C @ May 2 2005, 05:58 PM)
Hi Renura,

So, you need to use 2x internal USB ports, or bring 2x cables out of the box? Not sure that it really counts as a dual tuner solution....

Cheers,
Sean.

Count it as you will, it is two tuners on one mount smile.gif You will use internal USB header cable. A lot of people want to use two internal tuners and have limited space and no PCI slots, well this could be an answer for them. smile.gif

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
Guest_Sean C_*
post May 2 2005, 07:31 PM
Post #4

Guests

Yes, thats true enough. So, since you know I am nuts for buying all this stuff, any idea on pricing at this stage?

+Quote Post
renura
post May 2 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #5

Enthusiast

QUOTE (Sean C @ May 2 2005, 07:31 PM)
Yes, thats true enough. So, since you know I am nuts for buying all this stuff, any idea on pricing at this stage?

Not yet. But it will definetly be less than two separate cards, and cheaper than what some people are selling one USB 2 device for smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mitty
post May 2 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,047
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

Renura, is this the "guts" of the tiny Usb device?

Also... is the antenna connector on the Tiny USB a standard Aussie type connector, or some other? It's a bit hard to tell from the photo on your site.

+Quote Post
Guest_digitalise_*
post May 3 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #7

Guests

Wow! Now I am impressed smile.gif Put me down for one of those, please.

+Quote Post
daniel
post May 3 2005, 10:05 AM
Post #8

Forum Regular

Member No.: 180
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

thats a cool idea.

can you see how many of them you can get into the one system and simultaneously *spelling* record programs in webscheduler? If it works fine a couple of them would go nicely in my media server.

+Quote Post
gshcarter
post May 3 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #9

Forum Regular

Member No.: 316
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Renura you never fail to impress. What price range are we looking at here? Very roughly, of course Will this come with DNTVLive software and, more importantly, a cheaper "no software" version for existing customers? smile.gif

EDIT: They look like the innards of the tiny-usb device you're about to release but on a PCI slot header - am I right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
renura
post May 3 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #10

Enthusiast

Ok Guys smile.gif

Yes it is two tiny USB2 devices mounted on a bracket.

We have not worked out the price yet, but obviously will be substantially cheaper than two tinyUSBs.

We are even thinking about a transformer kit, whereby, if you wanted to, you could transform this device into a stand alone dual or single tuner external USB2 device/s.

They will come with DNTV Live! software, they already have BDA drivers, Linux drivers and Mac drivers, so there is a solution for everyone.

It is possible that we could sell a KIT without any software, just the drivers for use with Linux, Mac, MCE, etc.

Cheers

Renura

--------------------

+Quote Post
gshcarter
post May 12 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #11

Forum Regular

QUOTE (renura @ May 3 2005, 12:57 PM)
Ok Guys smile.gif

We have not worked out the price yet, but obviously will be substantially cheaper than two tinyUSBs.

We are even thinking about a transformer kit, whereby, if you wanted to, you could transform this device into a stand alone dual or single tuner external USB2 device/s.

They will come with DNTV Live! software, they already have BDA drivers, Linux drivers and Mac drivers, so there is a solution for everyone.

It is possible that we could sell a KIT without any software, just the drivers for use with Linux, Mac, MCE, etc.

Cheers

Renura

So which Linux driver is used? I might get one of these for a dedicated recording server. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
renura
post May 12 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #12

Enthusiast

QUOTE (chaumurky @ May 12 2005, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE (renura @ May 3 2005, 12:57 PM)
Ok Guys smile.gif

Cheers

Renura

So which Linux driver is used? I might get one of these for a dedicated recording server. smile.gif

You can use the DigitalNow TinyUSB 2 DVB-t Receiver drivers smile.gif
http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/index.php
Look under "Supported devices USB2.0-only"

Cheers

Renura

--------------------

+Quote Post
daniel
post May 12 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #13

Forum Regular

Member No.: 180

Seeing those screw holes out the sides of the recievers in the picture makes me think modders could have some fun sticking/attaching those units in cases and external boxes. One project i can think of is an external box thats got 4 of those tuners, a mini 4 port usb 2 hub, and a 4 port splitter amp(hopfully they make small ones) all connected together inside the box. You would then have a single aerial lead and power lead going in and a single usb cable coming out. a nice and neat(possibly) world first quad tuner device thats probably a bit over the top, not to mention pricey smile.gif but could be usful. Is a single 480mbps usb2 connection(coming out of a hub) enough for 4 or even 2 tuners?

re: the 1st post - has it turned out to be viable and will u be selling it soon? eta? price?

another question - i've got a fusion card in my htpc and two vp cards in my media server, all bought from digitalnow(g i'm a loyal customer smile.gif ) before DNTV Live came out. If i bought one of these usb recievers which i would use in my media server which only uses webscheduler, could i then install and use the DNT Live software in my HTPC with the fusion card?

+Quote Post
renura
post May 12 2005, 02:18 PM
Post #14

Enthusiast

Seeing those screw holes out the sides of the recievers in the picture makes me think modders could have some fun sticking/attaching those units in cases and external boxes. One project i can think of is an external box thats got 4 of those tuners, a mini 4 port usb 2 hub, and a 4 port splitter amp(hopfully they make small ones) all connected together inside the box. You would then have a single aerial lead and power lead going in and a single usb cable coming out. a nice and neat(possibly) world first quad tuner device thats probably a bit over the top, not to mention pricey  but could be usful. Is a single 480mbps usb2 connection(coming out of a hub) enough for 4 or even 2 tuners?
Yes

re: the 1st post - has it turned out to be viable and will u be selling it soon? eta? price?
Yes, end of June? TBA

another question - i've got a fusion card in my htpc and two vp cards in my media server, all bought from digitalnow(g i'm a loyal customer  ) before DNTV Live came out. If i bought one of these usb recievers which i would use in my media server which only uses webscheduler, could i then install and use the DNT Live software in my HTPC with the fusion card?
Yes, ha-ha, reminds me of a customer who said the other day that he would buy the device to use it as USB dongle to get his other three cards to work with DNTV Live! instead of buying a separate software license laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Eng_*
post Jun 4 2005, 10:30 AM
Post #15

Guests

Renura,

When is this coming out? I feel the need for more tuners in my box

+Quote Post
renura
post Jun 20 2005, 09:05 AM
Post #16

Enthusiast

QUOTE (Eng @ Jun 4 2005, 10:30 AM)
Renura,

It should be here end of June

--------------------

+Quote Post
gshcarter
post Jun 22 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #17

Forum Regular

QUOTE (renura @ Jun 20 2005, 09:05 AM)
Renura,

And will it come with that new version of DNTV Live!? You know, the one with Direct To DVD recording! laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
renura
post Jun 22 2005, 01:51 PM
Post #18

Enthusiast

QUOTE (chaumurky @ Jun 22 2005, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (renura @ Jun 20 2005, 09:05 AM)
Renura,

And will it come with that new version of DNTV Live!? You know, the one with Direct To DVD recording! laugh.gif tongue.gif

No, but it might come with that version with integrated WebScheduler smile.gif

It can come with software (TwinHan's), based on wdm drivers that will allow you direct to DVD burning, if you like, with our compliments smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rob S
post Jun 22 2005, 02:24 PM
Post #19

Forum Regular
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Wow thats kinda funky smile.gif

- Rob

+Quote Post
renura
post Jun 22 2005, 02:28 PM
Post #20

Enthusiast

QUOTE (magicRob @ Jun 22 2005, 02:24 PM)
Wow thats kinda funky smile.gif

- Rob

Ha-ha, so I put you down for one smile.gif

BTW, it also works with the Mac.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th November 2018 - 05:05 PM