2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Compro2AW (compro2hip expanded)
Guest_leaskovski_*
post Apr 27 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hi Everyone,

I am please to anounce that i have finished the first release version of Compro2AW. Compro2AW is based on the idea of Compro2HIP but instead of forwarding commands to HIP, it forwards them on to the active window. This thus allows you to get around the problem of HIP not running on x64 bit versions of windows (well i couldnt get it to work).

If you have any questions post them here.

Thanks

Tristan

Download Here

Change Log
==========

1.0.0.0 - 24/04/2007:
- First release, can install to 'HKCU Run' and map keyboard commands to buttons.
1.0.0.1 - 25/04/2007
- Added support for using file names as the key map. This allows you to map
a button to an application.
- Fixed issue where the PVR/TV button was closing the app. This is because
ComproRemote sends WM_CLOSE when the button is pressed. WM_CLOSE is now
converted to WM_USER.
1.0.0.2 - 26/04/2007
- Add the ability to use SENDMESSAGE() to the active window, e.g. {@973,0,234442}.
1.0.0.3 - 23/05/2007
- Added a special command so that SPACE can be used as a keybind.
1.0.0.4 - 04/07/2007
- When launching an app via an associated key press, the program now brings
the app to the front.
1.0.0.5 - 06/07/2007
- Finished adding basic mobile texting.
1.0.0.6 - 10/07/2007
- Fixed bug with multitap that would stop consecutive keypresses that were
not 0 to 9 from working.
1.0.0.7 - 18/07/2007
- Fixed bug where the OS would send the display into sleep mode even though
the keyboard commands where being sent. Many thanks to Wintal of the
'The Green Button' forums for pointing out what might be happening and to
check out the SetThreadExecutionState() API call.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_FrostySonic_*
post May 2 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #2

Guests

Wow, thank you so much.

I was looking for exactly this for Vista's Media Centre, and it works perfectly.

Thank you!

+Quote Post
Guest_leaskovski_*
post May 2 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #3

Guests

Heres a question for btmi regarding how HIP sends the secondary command. Does it just post both of them, or does is post the first message, then checks to see if it was sucessful, if it wasn't then posts the second?

Thanks

+Quote Post
btmi
post May 3 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

No it just toggles between the 2 commands with each key press.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_leaskovski_*
post May 3 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (btmi @ May 3 2007, 12:14 AM) *
No it just toggles between the 2 commands with each key press.

Ah i get you. So the first time you press the key it sends the first one, and then the second time it send the secondary command, then the first it is back to the primary... and so on. Cunning. I like it. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_aiya_au_*
post May 10 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #6

Guests

hey, nice program! i just have one little problem. i use windows media player classic to play my videos. and i spacebar is play/pause. whats the keymapping for spacebar? ive tried {sp} {space} {spacebar} {spc} and others lol you didn't list it on your readme.

can you tell me what it is plz smile.gif

also, i've mapped the volume up button on the remote to {up} to change the volume in windows media player classic, now comproDTV's volume up doesn't work. how do i preserve comproDTV's mappings?

+Quote Post
Guest_leaskovski_*
post May 17 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (aiya_au @ May 10 2007, 05:43 AM) *
hey, nice program! i just have one little problem. i use windows media player classic to play my videos. and i spacebar is play/pause. whats the keymapping for spacebar? ive tried {sp} {space} {spacebar} {spc} and others lol you didn't list it on your readme.

can you tell me what it is plz smile.gif

also, i've mapped the volume up button on the remote to {up} to change the volume in windows media player classic, now comproDTV's volume up doesn't work. how do i preserve comproDTV's mappings?

Hi ya, sorry for the delay as i have been away on business.

Er, not sure what the space bar keyboard command is. I will have to look that up and get back to you on that one.

Unfortunatly i cant see a way round your issue with comproDTV until i add secondary commands to the program. At the moment, if you have Compro2AW running, it diverts all commands to the active window, so due to this, comproDTV no longer receives the commands from the remote program unless it is the active window and Compro2AW has been setup for that program. I can only suggest that you dont use Compro2AW if you are going to continue to use ComproDTV.

Sorry about that. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_leaskovski_*
post May 24 2007, 06:45 AM
Post #8

Guests

Okay, i have had a look at the code and i have put the space bar key into the list of special commands.

I shall upload a new version in the next couple of days. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_aiya_au_*
post May 24 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (leaskovski @ May 24 2007, 06:45 AM) *
Okay, i have had a look at the code and i have put the space bar key into the list of special commands.

I shall upload a new version in the next couple of days. wink.gif

thanks mate. very much appreciated smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_leaskovski_*
post May 24 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #10

Guests

Okay. 1.0.0.3 is now available to download.

+Quote Post
Guest_aiya_au_*
post May 26 2007, 01:28 AM
Post #11

Guests

QUOTE (leaskovski @ May 24 2007, 06:08 PM) *
Okay. 1.0.0.3 is now available to download.

i'm getting "invalid key name" when i try to map {space} to a button? does it happen with anyone else?

+Quote Post
Guest_leaskovski_*
post May 26 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (aiya_au @ May 25 2007, 04:28 PM) *
i'm getting "invalid key name" when i try to map {space} to a button? does it happen with anyone else?

Whoopsie! I shall have a look and fix my code. lol, my testing is pretty pants as you can see! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Jon_L_*
post Jun 1 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #13

Guests

Great program - finally got my Compro Remote working with Media Center on Vista - thank-you so much!

One little thing - would it be possible to add the Windows key modifier as "*" - so that Media Center could be started with the PVR button bound to *%{ENTER} and also the same button could be used to return to the main Media Center menu when up and running?

+Quote Post
Guest_leaskovski_*
post Jun 1 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #14

Guests

I am currently working on how the sendkey pary of the program works as i need to change it at the moment as quite a few key codes do not work currently. Also the next release should have the SMS Multitap keypad enabled as well. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_leaskovski_*
post Jul 10 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #15

Guests

1.0.0.6 is now up and available. I have now added the SMS multi tap feature to the programme! laugh.gif

QUOTE (aiya_au)

This should now be fixed wink.gif

QUOTE (Jon_L)
Great program - finally got my Compro Remote working with Media Center on Vista - thank-you so much!

One little thing - would it be possible to add the Windows key modifier as "*" - so that Media Center could be started with the PVR button bound to *%{ENTER} and also the same button could be used to return to the main Media Center menu when up and running?

I have added the left and right windows keys as {LWIN} and {RWIN}, thus you can get that working with the following...

{LWIN}%{ENTER}

That should work. Failing that, just point it to the ehshell.exe file as in my example 'mce.ini' file wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_aiya_au_*
post Jul 16 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #16

Guests

awesome program. space works great now smile.gif

your efforts are very much appreciated buddy.

+Quote Post
Guest_leaskovski_*
post Jul 18 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #17

Guests

It appears that there is a slight problem on Vista at the moment with the utility that doesnt tell the OS that it is not idle (Away mode)...

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/198317/Sh...ead.aspx#198317

I shall hopefully be able to get this corrected and patch the program up ;-)

Hi people,

I am having a strange issue with Vista Media Center x64. I am using a
compro DVB-T200.

This is what happens.

I start media center and then i go to the guide using the keyboard shortcut
(^g). I then select a channel. I watch the channel for a while and then press
the backspace key to go back to the guide. I then press the backspace key again
to go back to the menu screen. Then after 1~2 seconds, the screen goes blank as if there is no signal. If i then move the mouse, the program comes back to life.

Its like the screen saver is kicking in when after the TV output is diverted away from the full screen.

Can anyone explain what is happening?

Many Thanks

+Quote Post
Guest_leaskovski_*
post Jul 19 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #18

Guests

Okay, 1.0.0.7 should now be up and ready for download. I have only had a chance to quickly test the issue with the blanking screen and it didn't seem to happen so i can only assume that has now been corrected.

Enjoy....

+Quote Post
Guest_hcornea_*
post Nov 16 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #19

Guests

OK - Things are going pretty well. Compro2AW is a fantastic utility BTW.

Problem is I can't get the {LWIN}%{ENTER} command to access the green button.

It seems in this combination the {LWIN} is ignored - and Vista MCE just switches from window to Full screen mode.

I have tried
({LWIN}%{ENTER}) and all other combinations and orders I can think of. {LWIN} seems to work ok by itself - pulling up the Vista Start Menu - so the code seems ok.

It seems that it just won't press {LWIN} at the same time as the other buttons.

Referring the button to ehshell doesn't seem to do what I want (pulling up the main menu)

Any thoughts - has anyone got this key combo to work?

+Quote Post
Guest_Jon_L_*
post Dec 4 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #20

Guests

I was hoping to get {LWIN}%{ENTER} to work as the green button too, but just like you I can't get the two buttons to work together.

I ended up compromising by mapping the "5 - Menu" key to {BACKSPACE} so it becomes a 'Back' button (which feel comfortable as the key sits to the left of and close to the directional pad). I discovered that if Media Center is launched using a key bound to ehshell.exe as suggested, then no matter how you navigate the menus, multiple clicks on this 'Back' button will end up returning back to the main screen.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 01:44 PM