> hp e9140 with ir card
scaleguy
post Aug 31 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,706
Card: None

as the topic says i have a hp e9140f pc running windows 7. The Pc came with a hauppauge hvr-1900 tv tuner card media center remote and has ir in/out ports on the back of the case. I have a reciever from an ir in port attached to top of a desk to recieve media center remote commands. What i want to do is learn commands from my tv remote(volume) and assign the commands to keyboard keys and use a blaster from ir out port to communicate with the tv. The problem is that in hip it will learn commands from the media center remote but will not learn them from other remotes. The led on front of pc lights up but i get nothing in hip. I have read the post about the mce replacement driver but my ir reciever is not usb it goes straight to the pc with a stereo type connector. how do i get the reciver to pick up commands from other remotes?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Sep 19 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

The MCE drivers are very hardware specific and the device is pretty lousy at learning from any remote other than ones that use the same Philips chipset and so they will either work or not.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:21 PM