> HIP - FIOS Remote - W7 Media center help
lunchour
post Aug 20 2010, 02:54 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,687
Card: None

Update - It’s working! I added a USB-UIRT unit and ran the HIP setup, learned a few of the FIOS button commands and have control of windows 7 media center using my FIOS remote. One thing I am not sure how to program is sleep and wake, would like to use the power button - any ideas?

Anyone know if HIP can perform the following – Process IR commands from a Verizon FIOS STB remote (codes below) to run W7MC? I have a MediaGate MG-IR2 remote and IR receiver that work great but as you all know it won’t turn the TV on of off and control the volume. My hope is that HIP will “see” the FIOS remote commands via the MediaGate receiver and trigger media center actions. When I push a button on the FIOS remote the IR receiver light comes on so it is receiving something from the remote. I loaded both HID interface (HipHD.dll) and MCE Interface (HipMCE.dll). With the MCE dll running HIP logs button presses from the MediaGate remote but nothing from the FIOS remote. With the HD.dll running, nether remote nothing is logged from either. What “input device” should I use? I am not looking to do any blasting. The Verizon remote is sweet, big back lit buttons, nice form and anyone can buy one for $6.99 + shipping from Verizon - http://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index...DisplayProducts. The Verizon remote has a little programming/learning that links the TV group (codes provided) to the STB group so a single push of the power button turns on both and lets you control the volume. Codes are provided to control an audio amp/receiver and DVD groups also. I just think that big old FIOS TV button in the center would work great as a green button.

Thanks for your help.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Sep 19 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

There is no standard for IR commands and so it is unlikely to work. If you can find a Girder or LIRC plugin for the device then you may be in luck...otherwise it is unlikely.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 01:38 PM