> Confused Please Help with HIP and Generic MCE Remote
Cartierusm
post Aug 10 2010, 06:17 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,659
Card: None

Ok, I just discoverd HIP and searched through the forum but can't figure out what I'm trying to do. Right now I have a generic MCE remote and it already sends Key Strokes and it works perfectly with my XBMC. So what I want to do is just have a simple program that records and sends IR codes when I press buttons on the MCE remote.

For example I want to use the volume button on the MCE remote to change the volume on my audio reciever.

So is HIP used for this? I think it is, but when I go to install it there are a ton of plug ins, which one is correct. Rememer I don't want to change or alter the MCE remote drivers at all. I just want to use the existing buttons to do what I want.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Aug 12 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

It should be possoble to use Hip in the native Keyboard input mode, intercept a Volume key commands (via a Low-Level command) and get Hip to send an IR Command via the MCE output option. It is a little complicated: try and see if you can get it working in stages (first check you can receive keys and then see if you can send IR and then finally trap the specific command).

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 01:45 PM