IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HIP and Motorola DTA100 not working, have hex codes, HIP can't learn DTA remote codes
mkenyon2
post Feb 4 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 11,891
Card: None

My cable company went all Digital... and I have Analog tuners... so I have to use their boxes.

They gave us two Motorola DTA100 boxes. I currently have 1 plugged into my PC, and can view whatever the DTA is set to watch.

The problem I am having is getting HIP to learn the codes for it. I have set up other Set Top Boxes from the cable company and had HIP tune them, so I am familiar with the process.

I go into IR config, add the IR and learn the code. When I learn, the box is getting the signal as well as HIP, so the remote is working. When I test, the IR blaster fires... but the DTA doesn't respond. I have noticed that I get different results when I learn from the remote, even if I'm trying to learn the same remote command.

For instance, I could get a variety of code responses when I try to learn Channel +. Sometimes the length is 80, sometimes 20, sometimes 30.

I've been poking around the Interwebs and found a post with Hex codes that are supposed to work with this remote:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboar...thread.cgi?9210

I'd be willing to try the codes, but I'm not sure how to get the hex into HIP.

Any thoughts are welcome. I'm willing to experiment and post my results here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 14 2010, 07:49 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

You don't say what plugin you are using to send the IR. If you are using the Microsoft controller, you should know that these can only learn IR commands created using the same Philips chipset. It is by no means a universal remote.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mkenyon2
post Mar 17 2010, 01:33 AM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 11,891
Card: None

QUOTE (btmi @ Mar 13 2010, 04:49 PM) *
You don't say what plugin you are using to send the IR. If you are using the Microsoft controller, you should know that these can only learn IR commands created using the same Philips chipset. It is by no means a universal remote.

Actually, I'm not trying to use the remote to learn, I'm using the PC, the IR blaster/receiver, and HIP to learn and re-blast the codes.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 17 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

YEs but what IR Blaster/Receiver are you using? If it is the Microsoft then you will be limited by what IR you can learn and transmit.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:21 PM