GoLL@B
post Feb 1 2010, 10:10 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,128
Card: None

Hello,

I am using a HIP with standard simple remote - Intervideo RC-201. I have a problem. First, I installed HIP, chose a Keyboard Input and on the list I added a program which I would like to set. Then I clicked Add Value and I clicked a button on the remote. Next I set primary command - I clicked a button on the keyboard which I would like to have connected with button on the remote. In program I noticed that when I press button on the remote, program will make two option. F.e. my button - FWD has original option -> CTRL+SHIFT+F and I set RIGHT ARROW. In program I have sometimes RIGHT, sometimes CTRL+SHIFT+F. Why? Is it possible to make this original option (CTRL + SHIFT + F) covered by new option (RIGHT) for some different programs?

On this picture:

I showed - red - a program, green - function I would like to have, blue - original function,
Function (blue) and (green) are using together in BestPlayer. I would like to have only green. Is it possible?

I`ll be very gratefull for your help.
Regards,
GoLL@B.

Edit: mistake - pilot = remote control
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Feb 1 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #2

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Hi GoLL@B,

I'm not a regular user of HIP but I'll try and help.

In program I have sometimes RIGHT, sometimes CTRL+SHIFT+F. Why?
I'm not sure why it's intermittent for you. I've noticed that if you have multiple programs running that use keyboard hooks it can depend on which application has focus as to which program gets in first (although the MS docs say it should be last in first served).

Is it possible to make this original option (CTRL + SHIFT + F) covered by new option (RIGHT) for some different programs?
As far as I know HIP uses a low level keyboard hook for it's keyboard input (like Girder and EventGhost do). This should allow it to intercept your CTRL+SHIFT+F and send a new RIGHT keystroke in it's place.

The catch is that if you press CTRL+SHIFT+F on your keyboard it'll do the same thing. Many people don't have keyboards plugged into their HTPCs so it doesn't affect them, but if it does you could try Keyboard Redirector. It uses a different combination of windows hooks and api to distinguish commands from different keyboards. It's not as powerful as the other programs when it comes to actions it can perform, but it might suit your needs.

cheers,
Nate

--------------------

+Quote Post
GoLL@B
post Feb 1 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,128
Card: None

QUOTE (nate @ Feb 1 2010, 05:19 PM) *
I'm not sure why it's intermittent for you. I've noticed that if you have multiple programs running that use keyboard hooks it can depend on which application has focus as to which program gets in first (although the MS docs say it should be last in first served).

The catch is that if you press CTRL+SHIFT+F on your keyboard it'll do the same thing.

My problem is in the same program. When I press right arrow - film jumps 5 second later. When I press CTRL + SHIFT + F - I have a function - screenshot. If I use a remote, I will have these 2 options alternately.

Many people don't have keyboards plugged into their HTPCs so it doesn't affect them, but if it does you could try Keyboard Redirector. It uses a different combination of windows hooks and api to distinguish commands from different keyboards. It's not as powerful as the other programs when it comes to actions it can perform, but it might suit your needs.

Ok, I`ll try it. Thanks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 01:39 PM