PdeG
post Jan 20 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 8,001
Card: None

Hi.

Proud owner of a Hybrid LP S2 card with the supplied remote.
I use a programmed Logitech universal remote to control the rest of my setup (TV, etc)

What I want to do is to, is to be able to use the Logitech remote to control my HTPC,
so I can sit back and watch the tele in absolute comfort... with the appropriate beverage of course ....

Now for the dumb questions .. and I am praying that all of this is in the affirmative tongue.gif

1. Will HIP be able to use the IR receiver in the LP S2 TV card.

2. Do I need the supplied drives that comes with the card... or does HIP replace them (I suspect that they do)

3. How do I test to see if my IR receiver is actually receiving something.. Reading suggests that the IR receiver LP S2 card is tres ordinare ??

4. What device should I program in the logitech remote to make the config simple ?

If I "have" to replace the IR receiver on my PC ... what device should I get to make the above possible. I "so" do not need
yet another remote.

TIA

Peter

<h1 class="producttitle2">[i]
[/i]</h1>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 1 2010, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

I am afraid that I have not heard of this card and as there are no industry standards then I cannot help you with this device specifically. I suggest you see if other owners have other ways to use the IR on this device.

Custom IR input devices are not cheap (there is a list of ones I have used in the stick section) but sometimes you can pick up a bargain.

If you program your Logitech as a MCE remote that should have the ideal amount of functionality you require.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:18 PM