> Grabbing freezes in DW3
stevebow
post Feb 26 2008, 01:16 AM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,720
Card: None

I think I asked this question once before, about the possibility to grab a freeze frame. Seeing as though you are developing DW3, thought I'd raise it again. smile.gif

I think you didn't see the need for this feature and suggested to record the stream and edit the frames you want.

For you suggestion, can I suggest in return this is a right PIT rear-end just for doing this smile.gif, and as for the reason why, it was actually an idea fom my wife. She is a video graphics designer and likes to grab still frames for reference eg. from promos or ads. She only needs stills. She used to do this in the "old" analog days when I used to use DScaler, but she misses this feature when we went digital with DW.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Feb 26 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #2

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

As a result of the video being rendered using direct3d instead of using the overlay mixer, windows Print Screen function (or alt-print screen) will work again. I know it still involves loading up a paint program to save it, but it's better than saving and editing the video stream.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_kathyzhong_*
post Feb 26 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Guests

She is a video graphics designer and likes to grab still frames for reference eg. from promos or ads. She only needs stills. She used to do this in the "old" analog days when I used to use DScaler, but she misses this feature when we went digital with DW.

Hi Stevebow :

Why not try this BlazeVideo HDTV 3.5. You can capture TV/DVD video as still image.Please download from this link :
http://blaze.www3.910idc.com/BlazeDTV3.5Demo_02.21.2008.exe

If you like ,please contace me at any time .

Tel: + 86 755 26509948 ext. 20
Mobile: + 86 13434728230
Email: kathyzhong@blazevideo.com or kathyzhong6699@hotmail.com
MSN:kathyzhong6699@hotmail.com
Website: www.blazevideo.com (English) or www.blazevideo.com.cn (Chinese)

+Quote Post
stevebow
post Feb 26 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #4

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,720
Card: None

QUOTE (kathyzhong @ Feb 26 2008, 03:23 PM) *
Why not try this BlazeVideo HDTV 3.5.

Rather cheeky, peddling your commercial wares in a free software developer's forum! wink.gif

Thanks all the same, but paying US$50 for grabbing freezes (my query) seems a little steep blink.gif, especially as it will be possible using DW anyway according to the developer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 07:23 AM