IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dntv Live - Preset Numbers, Preset numbers not functioning
Guest_jobbo_*
post Jan 28 2006, 10:59 AM
Post #1

Guests

I am using DNTV Live with the Tiny USB in NSW.

The Preset Number selection in Channel properties does not work consistently. ABC was set up for 2 and it worked. Channel 7 was set up for 7 but when I pressed the key it scrolled to the correct selection on the Channels screen but didn't select it (I needed to push 'Enter'). When I selected other numbers for Ch 9 and 10 it scrolled to the end of the Channels list as if it couldn't find an entry. I checked that the numbers were saved in the Channel Properties menu and that channels were being received OK

Any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 28 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #2

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

QUOTE (jobbo @ Jan 28 2006, 11:59 AM) *
I am using DNTV Live with the Tiny USB in NSW.

The Preset Number selection in Channel properties does not work consistently. ABC was set up for 2 and it worked. Channel 7 was set up for 7 but when I pressed the key it scrolled to the correct selection on the Channels screen but didn't select it (I needed to push 'Enter'). When I selected other numbers for Ch 9 and 10 it scrolled to the end of the Channels list as if it couldn't find an entry. I checked that the numbers were saved in the Channel Properties menu and that channels were being received OK

Any thoughts?

Is the remote HID driver installes correctly? Ie for use with DNTV Live! and not other applications? look at the second part of this page
http://www.digitalnow.com.au/Updating%20drivers.html

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
Guest_jobbo_*
post Jan 29 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Jan 28 2006, 01:38 PM) *
Is the remote HID driver installes correctly? Ie for use with DNTV Live! and not other applications? look at the second part of this page
http://www.digitalnow.com.au/Updating%20drivers.html

I uninstalled the HID drivers and reinstalled but no change. The Remote Ctl is working but the neither the keyboard nor remote will select the channel to the preset number. Not a bifg deal I guess.

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 29 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #4

Enthusiast

Hi jobbo,

It is very strange behaviour, which of course we would like to fix it if we can replicate it.

Are using the HDTV/EPG/PIP presets? Also I assume that you are not using HIP and have not ticked the use HIP with Remote Comntrol bix in the Configuration/Options?

If you are using version 1.1.9 (if you are not please do) can you click on reset defaults, rescan the channels and try again.

Try just channel 7, as an example, by allocating the F7-7 to 7HD, save and then press 7 on remote see what happens?

Cheers

Renura

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
Guest_jobbo_*
post Jan 29 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #5

Guests

HIP is not selected and I just upraded to 1.1.9. I rescanned the channels and reset defaults. The effect is still there but it is strange.

I entered '7' for '7 Digital' but when I type '7' it goes to the next channel (7 Digital 2).

Similarly for 'Nine HD' I entered a preset of '9' but it jumped to 'Nine Digital' when typed.

I then selected '8' for 'TEN HD' . With the Channel list closed it did nothing. With the Channel list open it scrolled to the end of the list and a 'donk' sound occurred

Rgds

QUOTE (renura @ Jan 29 2006, 04:42 PM) *
Hi jobbo,

It is very strange behaviour, which of course we would like to fix it if we can replicate it.

Are using the HDTV/EPG/PIP presets? Also I assume that you are not using HIP and have not ticked the use HIP with Remote Comntrol bix in the Configuration/Options?

If you are using version 1.1.9 (if you are not please do) can you click on reset defaults, rescan the channels and try again.

Try just channel 7, as an example, by allocating the F7-7 to 7HD, save and then press 7 on remote see what happens?

Cheers

Renura

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 29 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #6

Enthusiast

It seems to me that there is something, either interfering, not being set correctly or God know what

Please try the following, as I said before, select channel 7HD and allocate the presets F7 7 - what happens when you press 7 on the remote

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_jobbo_*
post Jan 30 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Jan 29 2006, 06:25 PM) *
It seems to me that there is something, either interfering, not being set correctly or God know what

Please try the following, as I said before, select channel 7HD and allocate the presets F7 7 - what happens when you press 7 on the remote

OK, but for the sake of clarity, tell me what you mean by F7 7. I just entered '7' in the preset previously. Is that correct?

+Quote Post
Guest_jobbo_*
post Jan 30 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (jobbo @ Jan 30 2006, 02:29 PM) *
OK, but for the sake of clarity, tell me what you mean by F7 7. I just entered '7' in the preset previously. Is that correct?

I should also add a couple of other minor annoyances that may be sympomatic of the problem.

If I select a station with (I assume) with inadequate quality (eg 10 Wollongong), the s/w takes a while and the OSD eventually defaults to a blank 720 x 480 screen. When I attempt to go back to a strong channel the Tiny USB doesn't respond (no second blue LED) and I have to replug the Tiny and retart DNTV.

Second issue. I was getting good colour recordings but now I am only getting B&W recordings. Sound and image quality is great. Just no colour.

THanks for perservering!

Rgds

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 30 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #9

Enthusiast

Jobbo,

I mean exactly that, press F7 and 7 all this is also in the manual. smile.gif

If your signal is not good enough, the application will not be able to decode anything, so I a not surprised you get a black screen.

Furthermore if your USB2 port has issues with power, that can cause the tuner not function properly as well.

I suggest you chek your signal using the TinyMonitor which is on the CD, and if you are getting less than 80% I would suggest you improve your reception.

If your reception is fine and you are having issues, check your USB 2 port, try a different one, if all fails you may need a suitable powered USB2 hub.

Cheers

Renura

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_jobbo_*
post Jan 30 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Jan 30 2006, 03:30 PM) *
Jobbo,

I mean exactly that, press F7 and 7 all this is also in the manual. smile.gif

If your signal is not good enough, the application will not be able to decode anything, so I a not surprised you get a black screen.

Furthermore if your USB2 port has issues with power, that can cause the tuner not function properly as well.

I suggest you chek your signal using the TinyMonitor which is on the CD, and if you are getting less than 80% I would suggest you improve your reception.

If your reception is fine and you are having issues, check your USB 2 port, try a different one, if all fails you may need a suitable powered USB2 hub.

Cheers

Renura

Sorry, I interpreted the F7-7 as F7-OR-7.
Pressing both keys (or the RC number)selects the channel correctly most times. Sometimes holding down 7 followed by F7 works better. It seems to a bit of a hit and miss timing thing. I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and that may affect things. As I said it's not a big deal and if others have not experienced the problem let's assume it's an idiosyncracy of my setup

I'll check the USB power issue.

Re. the B&W recording. I have found that the saturation level sits at zero for recordings played despite changing it from the recording before.

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 30 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #11

Enthusiast

Re. the B&W recording. I have found that the saturation level sits at zero for recordings played despite changing it from the recording before.
You can not change video/audio settings for recording.
The software records the broadcast as is, does not alter it.
Any changes in saturation/brightness etc is inconsequential, you have to adjust that, as required, when you play the recorded file.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_jobbo_*
post Jan 30 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Jan 30 2006, 06:18 PM) *
You can not change video/audio settings for recording.
The software records the broadcast as is, does not alter it.
Any changes in saturation/brightness etc is inconsequential, you have to adjust that, as required, when you play the recorded file.

Ok noted, but I assumed the Record/playback facility would remember the colour settings set previously just like the HDTV faciity. In this case the Saturation defaults back to 0.

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 30 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #13

Enthusiast

QUOTE (jobbo @ Jan 30 2006, 06:40 PM) *
Ok noted, but I assumed the Record/playback facility would remember the colour settings set previously just like the HDTV faciity. In this case the Saturation defaults back to 0.

it should, if nothing else resets in the meantime

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_jobbo_*
post Jan 30 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Jan 30 2006, 06:42 PM) *
it should, if nothing else resets in the meantime

Well OK, but only the Saturation control jumps back to 0 when play back a recording, while the three other settings stay put. I note that "Baton" reported the same symptom on May 18. Does the s/w store the settings on a file on the HD? I would be happy to look at it or send it. Perhaps it's not saving it or something is overwriting that particular variable.

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 30 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #15

Enthusiast

Use your graphic card controls to fix it, in media/DVD mode DNTV Live! only picks up the dafaults from the video card. Unlike with TV viewing which are set by channel and stored in the registry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Rob_D_*
post Jan 30 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ Jan 30 2006, 03:30 PM) *
all this is also in the manual. smile.gif

Renura,

Is the manual available as a pdf?

I would find that more convenient than the web pages.

Thank you.

Rob

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 30 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #17

Enthusiast

Is the manual available as a pdf?

No, it is not. I guess you can convert it if you like.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_TerryHau_*
post Feb 16 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #18

Guests

so how do you press F7 on the remote control

+Quote Post
DavoNogo
post Feb 17 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #19

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,804
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

On the old DNTV Live! remote, you press the "Source" button for HD channels. The Fusion remote has a "HD" button that you press. For the DNTV Live! Pro remote, you press "Capture", the one with the camera icon. It's not documented in the manual just yet, but I'll be sure it gets added real soon smile.gif

+Quote Post
renura
post Feb 17 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #20

Enthusiast

QUOTE (DavoNogo @ Feb 17 2006, 12:17 PM) *
On the old DNTV Live! remote, you press the "Source" button for HD channels. The Fusion remote has a "HD" button that you press. For the DNTV Live! Pro remote, you press "Capture", the one with the camera icon. It's not documented in the manual just yet, but I'll be sure it gets added real soon smile.gif

Thanks Davo, I had missed that smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 03:48 PM