rikster
post Dec 24 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,523
Card: DNTV Quad

Hi All,

Is there anyone who would be interested in swapping a Quad card (I have the quad card) for a 7164 card?
It may seem like a bargain, but I have given up getting my Quad card working on my new motherboard. It worked absolutely fine on my old motherboard, but that board gave up the ghost :-(

So, I'd love to try out a 7164 card, to see if my motherboard works with one of those, as it certainly does not like the quad. I need a new card, as I now have a brand new PC, which is now doing nothing - it is only ever used for recording.

Cheers

Rikster
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DrP
post Dec 31 2016, 10:03 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

I have a battle worn Hauppauge WinTV based on the 7164. The RF input socket was broken a long time ago so I soldered on a pigtail with a 'PAL' plug (not a socket). All the usual caveats apply for a 7164 based device - can be picky as to which PCIe slot it works properly in. Some slots it just won't appear and others it will work but can be flakey. Once a slot the card is happy with can be found it'll work reliably. The Hauppauge also has analogue in but very little software ever took advantage of the onboard mpeg/2 encoders and they were pretty crap anyway.

Let me know if you are interested.

As an alternative, have you thought about some cheap ebay tuners? I bought a batch to play with SDR a while back and they work fine for DVB-t too when given a signal level they are happy with. Windows 10's driver update must be disabled or it'll install an incompatible driver.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lastest-USB-DVB...C-/141519578920

This post has been edited by DrP: Dec 31 2016, 10:06 AM

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post
rikster
post Jan 2 2017, 07:17 PM
Post #3

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,523

QUOTE (DrP @ Dec 31 2016, 11:03 AM) *
Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks DrP, however I have ordered a VistaView from DigitalNow, to see how that goes. If I cannot get that to work, it will have to be returned. Then I will try the eBay route.
However, if I try the eBay cards, I assume I cannot use them with DNTV Scheduler Pro?
Cheers
Rikster

+Quote Post
DrP
post Jan 2 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

I'm pretty sure that so long as you have a DNTV device of some description in your PC you can then use any additional DVB device you care to mention with DNTV scheduler. I'm also pretty sure there is an optional licence to allow DNTV scheduler to work with any DVB device even if there isn't a DNTV device installed.

I don't think this should be a limitation for you as TV Scheduler Pro and DV Scheduler are both free to use. DV Scheduler has extensive EPG collection abilities integrated and many EPG configuration options which is really. IMO, all DNTV Scheduler has over TV Scheduler Pro.

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post
therat
post Jan 2 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,165

As long as you have at beast one DNTV device in your computer then any DVB device will work with DNTV Scheduler Pro. If that DNTV device isn't a TinyTwin you also need to install DNTVLive with the necessary serial number.

cheers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2019 - 04:41 AM