> Tinytwin 3a and Windows 10
AMal
post Nov 19 2016, 10:26 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,341
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Has anyone got the Tinytwin and Scheduler Pro working with Windows 10 x64?
If so, how?

I can setup Scheduler Pro to see the devices, select channels, etc, but it fails to start recording (nearly always), and if it does record, it doesn't end at the scheduled time.

Any suggestions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DrP
post Nov 20 2016, 07:08 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

Make sure the tuner is connected to a USB2 controller rather than a USB3 one. This doesn't mean a USB2 port off a USB3 controller either, it must be an actual USB2 controller. Many of the drivers for USB tuners have problems with the new USB3 driver stack that is in Windows 10 causing problems like you are experiencing and even causing Windows to BSOD. If you have no choice but to use a USB3 controller, and you have an Intel USB3 controller, it is possible to hack Intel's Windows 7 driver installation files to allow them to be installed on Windows 10, but IMO this is a poor choice and also require Windows 10's driver updates to be turned off.

It may also be that Windows 10 has done its thing and installed an incorrect driver for the tuner behind your back. Turn Windows 10's driver updates off (see here) then re-install the Tinytwin's drivers and verify that the correct version is shown in the tuner's properties via device manager.

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post
AMal
post Nov 21 2016, 12:23 AM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

QUOTE (DrP @ Nov 19 2016, 09:08 PM) *
Make sure the tuner is connected to a USB2 controller rather than a USB3 one. This doesn't mean a USB2 port off a USB3 controller either, it must be an actual USB2 controller. Many of the drivers for USB tuners have problems with the new USB3 driver stack that is in Windows 10 causing problems like you are experiencing and even causing Windows to BSOD. If you have no choice but to use a USB3 controller, and you have an Intel USB3 controller, it is possible to hack Intel's Windows 7 driver installation files to allow them to be installed on Windows 10, but IMO this is a poor choice and also require Windows 10's driver updates to be turned off.

It may also be that Windows 10 has done its thing and installed an incorrect driver for the tuner behind your back. Turn Windows 10's driver updates off (see here) then re-install the Tinytwin's drivers and verify that the correct version is shown in the tuner's properties via device manager.

Thanks for that advice. Fortunately I have one USB 2 port, but I am not sure whether or not it is hanging off a USB 3 controller. Is there a way of finding out?
I've attached a screen image of the Device Manager, but I'm not sure what this is showing.
Alan
Attached File(s)
Attached File  DeviceMgr.jpg ( 146.78K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
DrP
post Nov 21 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

If you look at the menu bar in device manager, click View, then Devices by Connection and that will reorder the tree so you can see the way devices are related.

This post has been edited by DrP: Nov 21 2016, 06:34 PM

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post
AMal
post Nov 22 2016, 04:07 AM
Post #5

Be nice to me, I am new.

QUOTE (DrP @ Nov 21 2016, 06:50 AM) *
If you look at the menu bar in device manager, click View, then Devices by Connection and that will reorder the tree so you can see the way devices are related.

Thanks, yes I believe I now have my TinyTwin connected to USB2. (or at least a "legacy USB controller").
I'll do some test recording over the next week to see if I now have confidence in the system. I am also considering bringing an older machine into service as a replacement for the laptop.
I started with this new laptop so that I had a measure of security from mains power outages, but ran in to these more pressing problems!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 01:08 AM