> Finally got 9HD working in DNTV LIVE
therat
post Nov 26 2015, 08:08 PM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,165
Card: DNTV Quad

Success at last but not exactly sure of the exact cause.

Step 1. Uninstall AC3 Filter that was installed by DNTV LIVE and download and install the latest version 2.60b

Step 2. Install DigitalTV software (a bit old but still works). Need it to correctly register the H.264 Video decoder.

Reboot.

Unfortunately I can't get RACING.COM (CH78) to work yet but am working on it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bear
post Nov 26 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Kool, 9HD is using H264/AC3, 7 Racing is using H264/AAC so will take a little longer to implement.

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 26 2015, 08:46 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Unfortunately now whenever I select CH78 DNTV LIVE crashes. Video does display but no audio. Can't stop it crashing tho. All other channels work tho just selecting the default DNTV Decoders

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 26 2015, 09:31 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

BTW Just in case anyone wants to try my fix and can't find DigitalTV I have uploaded the latest release here http://www.mediafire.com/download/9lh8tq6c....1.4_RTM_CD.rar

I always just run the setup.exe in the DigitalTV folder being sure to right click and select "Run as Administrator".

+Quote Post
PeterL
post Nov 27 2015, 10:57 AM
Post #5

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,605
Card: DNTV Live Dual Hybrid PCIe S2

QUOTE (therat @ Nov 26 2015, 07:31 PM) *
BTW Just in case anyone wants to try my fix and can't find DigitalTV I have uploaded the latest release here http://www.mediafire.com/download/9lh8tq6c....1.4_RTM_CD.rar

I always just run the setup.exe in the DigitalTV folder being sure to right click and select "Run as Administrator".

I shall try this today, do I have to delete the old AC3 filter first? Is there anything in DNTVLive I have to delete first?

Thank you.

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 27 2015, 11:46 AM
Post #6

Forum Regular

QUOTE (PeterL @ Nov 27 2015, 10:57 AM) *
I shall try this today, do I have to delete the old AC3 filter first? Is there anything in DNTVLive I have to delete first?

Thank you.

uninstall the old AC3 filter first. Should show up in the Programs and Features near the top.

+Quote Post
tre30
post Nov 27 2015, 05:54 PM
Post #7

Forum Regular

Member No.: 5,149
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Works fine using dvbviewer pro and an ancient tinytwin (1st edition). I set the h.264 codec manually in options too MS DTV.

Hope that helps.

Oh and I re-tuned Ch7 as well, can see Racing.com channel which also works fine too.

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 27 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

QUOTE (tre30 @ Nov 27 2015, 05:54 PM) *
Works fine using dvbviewer pro and an ancient tinytwin (1st edition). I set the h.264 codec manually in options too MS DTV.

Hope that helps.

Oh and I re-tuned Ch7 as well, can see Racing.com channel which also works fine too.

Yep I posted in the other thread that dvbviewer works perfectly however we are trying to fix DNTV LIVE. Any help would be appreciated.

+Quote Post
bear
post Nov 28 2015, 07:47 PM
Post #9

Forum Regular

For Info: To watch the 9HD channel in DNTVLive, you can also use the DNTVLive Audio decoder rather than the AC3Filter audio decoder.

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 28 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #10

Forum Regular

QUOTE (bear @ Nov 28 2015, 07:47 PM) *
For Info: To watch the 9HD channel in DNTVLive, you can also use the DNTVLive Audio decoder rather than the AC3Filter audio decoder.

Any update on viewing RACING.COM - CH78?

+Quote Post
bear
post Nov 29 2015, 09:24 AM
Post #11

Forum Regular

Working on it. no ETA available sorry.

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 29 2015, 11:54 AM
Post #12

Forum Regular

QUOTE (bear @ Nov 29 2015, 09:24 AM) *
Working on it. no ETA available sorry.

no problem. Just holler if you need me to test anything biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Chris Jones_*
post Nov 29 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #13

Guests

Thanks for this fix, 9HD is working for me now - although I'm still having an issue: I can't seem to get it playing at the proper frame rate, and the motion is blurry. I'm not exactly sure what's going on technically, but I imagine it's to do with the conversion from interlaced to progressive scan. I'm using the PowerDVD video decoder which is the only way I've ever been able to get the channels to play at full frame rate in any software, but it doesn't seem to be working on this new channel. It also goes a bit choppy now and then.

I've been testing the DVBViewer demo, and to the contrary it shows 9HD at full framerate without dropping any frames, whereas all the other channels play at a lower frame rate (interestingly it doesn't exhibit the issue described here though, http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?show...=12405&st=0 ).

Any idea if there's a solution?

Thanks again,

(c:

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 30 2015, 11:45 AM
Post #14

Forum Regular

Have you tried the default DNTV LIVE Audio decoder and MS MPEG2 Video decoder and see how it goes. Best to just experiment with various combinations and see what works on your setup.

+Quote Post
Guest_Chris Jones_*
post Nov 30 2015, 12:12 PM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE (therat @ Nov 30 2015, 12:45 PM) *
Have you tried the default DNTV LIVE Audio decoder and MS MPEG2 Video decoder and see how it goes. Best to just experiment with various combinations and see what works on your setup.

Yes I've tried them all, the PowerDVD decoder is the only one that I've ever been able to get to display the full frame rate. Also I've discovered I need to have the LAV Video Decoder selected in DVBViewer for full frame rate on all channels, so that's looking like a more likely candidate for me at the moment (if only I can work out its arcane keyboard shortcut setup!).

(c:

+Quote Post
tre30
post Nov 30 2015, 05:31 PM
Post #16

Forum Regular

Member No.: 5,149
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

QUOTE (Chris Jones @ Nov 30 2015, 01:12 PM) *
Yes I've tried them all, the PowerDVD decoder is the only one that I've ever been able to get to display the full frame rate. Also I've discovered I need to have the LAV Video Decoder selected in DVBViewer for full frame rate on all channels, so that's looking like a more likely candidate for me at the moment (if only I can work out its arcane keyboard shortcut setup!).

(c:

Sounds a lot like a graphics card issue, ie. if your gfx card supports hardware decoding of h.264 and you manage to have the right codecs and video player software that all works together then it should be fine, if not then its software decoding using the cpu.

+Quote Post
Guest_Chris Jones_*
post Dec 1 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #17

Guests

QUOTE (tre30 @ Nov 30 2015, 06:31 PM) *
Sounds a lot like a graphics card issue, ie. if your gfx card supports hardware decoding of h.264 and you manage to have the right codecs and video player software that all works together then it should be fine, if not then its software decoding using the cpu.

Possibly, although this frame rate issue has been with me since 2008, when my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT) was still new.

I now find that since installing the AC3Filter update and DigitalTV software I can't actually select a video decoder in DNTV Live any more (even though it's obviously using one) - the Video Decoder field is blank, and even if I select a decoder and restart the software it returns to being blank.

+Quote Post
therat
post Dec 1 2015, 10:11 PM
Post #18

Forum Regular

QUOTE (Chris Jones @ Dec 1 2015, 06:01 PM) *
Possibly, although this frame rate issue has been with me since 2008, when my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT) was still new.

I now find that since installing the AC3Filter update and DigitalTV software I can't actually select a video decoder in DNTV Live any more (even though it's obviously using one) - the Video Decoder field is blank, and even if I select a decoder and restart the software it returns to being blank.

It's my understanding that it's blank because DNTV LIVE is not using an MPEG2 video decoder but the H.264 decoder from DigitalTV. Change to an SD channel and an MPEG2 Decoder will appear.

+Quote Post
Guest_Chris Jones_*
post Dec 1 2015, 10:30 PM
Post #19

Guests

QUOTE (therat @ Dec 1 2015, 11:11 PM) *
It's my understanding that it's blank because DNTV LIVE is not using an MPEG2 video decoder but the H.264 decoder from DigitalTV. Change to an SD channel and an MPEG2 Decoder will appear.

Ah right, that explains why it mysteriously showed up on one occasion.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2019 - 08:49 PM