> Problems with DVB-T Tuner Express Card
collizhun
post Jan 22 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 11,758
Card: None

Hello, I brought a HP Pavillion dv9500 notebook in the UK and received a free HP DVB-T TV Tuner Express (Yuan EC372S) card that slots in the side of the notebook. I installed this and used it in the UK without a problem. I've recently moved to Canada and aquired an aerial and convertor so this will plug into my DVB-T card. I've gone into my Windows Media Centre and gone to set up the TV again and change the settings of my region from the UK to Canada however it keeps telling me this error.

"Unsupported Region: The tuner hardware does not support the TV format for your region. You may need to install different tuner hardware that supports the appropriate TV format."

I've been on HP live help assistant twice and they both said that changing country should not stop the card working. The first person made me re install the software which didnt change anything, the second told me to format my computer and reinstall the DVB-T card.. which I don't want to do.

Can anyone help in anyway here??

Much Appreciated
Jamie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
z00ts00t77
post Sep 7 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #2

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,520
Card: None

I've also brought the same card. It worked fine for me when I lived in London with good signal coverage, but now I have moved up to the North East, and the supplied aerial is not strong enough to receive ANY stations. Any ideas if there is an adaptor available to use a regular signal booster or aerial?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 12:48 AM