> Hip Beta 1.1.0 Build 7 (Beta) Now Available
btmi
post Mar 29 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #21

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

It does click the first time I press the button mapped to the enter key on my remote, so HIP is registering the enter command, it's just not executing it.

I had a good play last night and it was working OK for me, but I do not use the VP remote at home (I have taught my MX500 all of the commands). Are you using the VP remote still? I found whie I was writing all of this that the VP remote does not reliably send out the correct command when you press a key. If this happens, HIP will register the IR (with the click) but will not do anything because the code does not match any command. I might add some visual code of the IR Codes being recieved so you can see if this is the problem.

I will continue to test this today with the VP Remote
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 29 2004, 10:05 AM
Post #22

Guests

Yep, I'm still using the VP remote. I wish my X10 remote would get here godamnit!

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 29 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #23

Forum Regular

If I use the DOS command "shutdown -s"  it stops at the same "safe to turn off computer" window as using the HIP shutdown choice.

The code I use to shut down the system is listed below and uses the correct Windows API function calls to shut down the system (as you can see it is a little complicated). There is another API function called "InitiateSystemShutdown" which I could use instead, but I do not know if this will make any difference.

Any Windows gurus out there with any advice??

System Shutdow Code:

function SetPrivilege(sPrivilegeName : string; bEnabled : boolean ) : boolean;
var
TPPrev,TP : TTokenPrivileges;
Token : THandle;
dwRetLen : DWord;
begin
Result := False;
OpenProcessToken(GetCurrentProcess,TOKEN_ADJUST_PRIVILEGES or TOKEN_QUERY,Token );
TP.PrivilegeCount := 1;
if( LookupPrivilegeValue(Nil,PChar( sPrivilegeName ),TP.Privileges[ 0 ].LUID ) )then
begin
if( bEnabled )then
begin
TP.Privileges[ 0 ].Attributes := SE_PRIVILEGE_ENABLED;
end else
begin
TP.Privileges[ 0 ].Attributes := 0;
end;
dwRetLen := 0;
Result := AdjustTokenPrivileges(Token,False,TP,SizeOf( TPPrev ),TPPrev,dwRetLen );
end;
CloseHandle( Token );
end;

function SysShutDown( iFlags : integer ) : Boolean;
begin
Result := True;
if( SetPrivilege( 'SeShutdownPrivilege', True )) then
begin
if( not ExitWindowsEx( iFlags, 0 ) )then
begin
// handle errors...
end;
SetPrivilege( 'SeShutdownPrivilege', False )
end else
begin
// handle errors...
end;
end;

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Mar 29 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #24

Guests

Try adding a string

"turn off you f*#king bastard" and see if that helps? smile.gif

I have no idea sorry

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 29 2004, 01:09 PM
Post #25

Forum Regular

Try adding a string

"turn off you f*#king bastard"  and see if that helps? smile.gif

I have no idea sorry

I think the Windows API needs some commands like this!! I posted the code as someone here might be able to solve it...it is difficult for me as I have no problems shutting down. I suspect this may end up being one of those unsolvable things, and so your work arounds may be the solution.

What I will do though is to add the option to HIP so that you can run a batch file when a key is pressed. That way, you can use your shutdown program instead of relying on my routines.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Mar 29 2004, 01:27 PM
Post #26

Guests

The "shut down" app i think may have command line option (will have to look) so a batch file would probably work.

Its not a concern, my workaround does the trick, i appreciate ur efforts but. HIP's workin great in general, (more than i can say for my gyration mouse) which is what has "forced" me to setup all my apps with HIP.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 29 2004, 01:30 PM
Post #27

Forum Regular

(more than i can say for my gyration mouse)

I can't believe you are having problems with the Gyration...from your earlier posts, I have been extremely tempted to buy one. What is the problem?

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Mar 29 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #28

Guests

Its awsome when it works smile.gif

It has worked for 6months fine. Had some "charging" issues but just cleaned the contacts sorted that out. However now the "surface" light does not activate when used on a bench etc. Air use still works. I sent it away to get fixed, now it works intermittantly.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 29 2004, 04:07 PM
Post #29

Forum Regular

A new build (118) is now available from the usual place, the changes are as follows:

HIP
1) Fixed - Flashing of Enhanced Controller when animation is on
2) New - Added 'Execute' button which allows you to run external programs, batch files or even documents (such as html pages) from any button.

HIPIRMan.dll
1) Fixed - Possible problem of HIP ignoring repeated commands.

Also BJReplay has told me that while he could not get get my ATI dll to work, he has written one that does. I should have the code and dll tonight and with his permission I will post it for all. What this means is that users of ATI or X10 remotes can send commands directly to HIP.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 30 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #30

Forum Regular

You can now download the result of BJReplay's hard work in getting the Generic Interface working with HIP at http://www.btmi.co.au/HIP/HIPATIPlugIn.zip.

The file includes the complete C Source and the DLL which will enable to use any ATI (or X10?) device with Hip.

Make sure you also have the latest build of HIP as well.

THANK YOU BJREPLAY

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 30 2004, 11:49 AM
Post #31

Guests

Hi Peter,

The new build still hasn't fixed the problem of having to press enter twice to get the keyboard emulator working in the master controller. Not a big problem, but it is still there.

Thanks,

Paul.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 30 2004, 12:14 PM
Post #32

Forum Regular

The new build still hasn't fixed the problem of having to press enter twice to get the keyboard emulator working in the master controller. Not a big problem, but it is still there.

Is that with the IRMan interface or with the keyboard interface (I am getting so confused....)?

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 30 2004, 12:45 PM
Post #33

Guests

Sorry, IRMan interface. I haven't tested the VP receiver for a while. I can do that tonight if it helps to narrow the problem down.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 30 2004, 12:57 PM
Post #34

Forum Regular

Sorry, IRMan interface. I haven't tested the VP receiver for a while. I can do that tonight if it helps to narrow the problem down.

No that won't be necessary....I know how to fix it. Let me know when you get your X10 (what is the delay??). It would be good if you could share your experiences in setting this up with the HIPATIPlugin.dll and that it works.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 30 2004, 01:19 PM
Post #35

Guests

Let me know when you get your X10 (what is the delay??).  It would be good if you could share your experiences in setting this up with the HIPATIPlugin.dll and that it works.

I still don't know what the delay is. I e-mailed the company in the States last week and haven't heard back from them - I'm starting to get a bit worried actually! I will definately test it out with HIPATIPlugin.dll once I get it in and will report any problems.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 1 2004, 12:22 AM
Post #36

Guests

Hi Peter,

I've got a bit of a situation, and I was hoping you might be able to help me without requiring a complete reinstall. I was screwing around with a few sound problems I was having on the HTPC (and which I didn't fix sad.gif) and I have completely ballsed something up. I have the Volume + and - keys on my remote mapped to the volume up and down commands in HIP, and they were working fine. However, now the Volume + button mutes the system sounds, and Volume - turns them back on but does not increase the volume. And I haven't touched anything in HIP - it is configured exactly the same as before. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Paul.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 1 2004, 09:39 AM
Post #37

Forum Regular

However, now the Volume + button mutes the system sounds, and Volume - turns them back on but does not increase the volume..

Paul - look like you have managed to re-map the Mute control to the Volume Control. This part of HIP works at system level and so I do not know what I can do for you. What did you do in myHTPC. Do you have the same affect with other programs that have volume control?

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 1 2004, 10:30 AM
Post #38

Guests

That's the thing Peter - I didn't remap anything! I just reinstalled the drivers for my sound card, and everything went haywire. I can control the volume in DW by mapping the volume buttons to the DW volume commands rather than the system volume. I even deleted and remapped the volume system wide keys with the same result. I'll try a reinstall of HIP first, and if that is a no go, then I think another XP reinstall might be in order.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Apr 1 2004, 06:43 PM
Post #39

Forum Regular

That's the thing Peter - I didn't remap anything! I just reinstalled the drivers for my sound card, and everything went haywire. I can control the volume in DW by mapping the volume buttons to the DW volume commands rather than the system volume. I even deleted and remapped the volume system wide keys with the same result. I'll try a reinstall of HIP first, and if that is a no go, then I think another XP reinstall might be in order.

A reinstall is probably not going to help you. It is possible that you now have 2 sound controllers defined, and HIP is getting confused. I will have have look at the DW volume code and see if I can make some modifications.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:27 PM