> Hip Beta 1.1.0 Build 7 (Beta) Now Available
btmi
post Mar 26 2004, 06:03 PM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

New Build, New Thread (the other was getting too long).

You should download EVERYTHING that you use as it has all been rebuilt.

A number of new things in the Build...hopefully I have not broken other things in the process:

1) Fixed Enhanced Controller Comands with IRMan
2) Fixed Girder Event for Enhanced Controller
3) Added new Generic Device option.
The Generic Device is available for anyone to provide their own interfaces to HIP and is extremely simple. I have uploaded a sample HipATI.dll that uses the AMMO interface that according to BJReplay will work with ATI controls and X10 remotes. As I have neither, I cannot say whether it work! There is a section in the Help file that describes the interface and shows the code. If you want to try it out, you must change the Input device in Hip Preferences to Generic Device, and then you must add the HipATI.dll as a plugin to your ATI software. Feedback is GREATLY apreciated on this...
4) Testing Shutdown
I have moved these commands to the DLL to see if the problem people are experiencing can be solved with this approach.

Peter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 26 2004, 06:24 PM
Post #2

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

2) Fixed Girder Event for Enhanced Controller 

Just tested this and it is working like a charm :-)

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Mar 26 2004, 08:17 PM
Post #3

Guests

Your link on your web page links to HIPIRMan.DLL rather than HIPATI -though I managed to download it :wink:

Testing after rebooting...

BJ

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Mar 26 2004, 08:39 PM
Post #4

Guests

3) Added new Generic Device option.
The Generic Device is available for anyone to provide their own interfaces to HIP and is extremely simple.  I have uploaded a sample HipATI.dll that uses the AMMO interface that according to BJReplay will work with ATI controls and X10 remotes.  As I have neither, I cannot say whether it work!  There is a section in the Help file that describes the interface and shows the code.  If you want to try it out, you must change the Input device in Hip Preferences to Generic Device, and then you must add the HipATI.dll as a plugin to your ATI software.  Feedback is GREATLY apreciated on this...

ATIX10 throws a 0xC0000005 Exception Access violation writing location 0x00000000

The exception is deep within ATIX10.exe, and the call stack is kernel32, msvcrt, mfc42, atix10.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 26 2004, 09:18 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

ATIX10 throws a 0xC0000005 Exception Access violation writing location 0x00000000

The exception is deep within ATIX10.exe, and the call stack is kernel32, msvcrt, mfc42, atix10.

The link for the ATI DLL should be http://www.btmi.com.au/Hip/HipATI.dll (I will fix it on the Web tomorrow)

I knew it could not be that easy...looks like a null pointer. If you are a programmer, the ATI DLL is very simple (sorry about the link) and you may be able to create your own as the exception is happening here (not in HIP). If there is anyone in Adelaide with one of these, I would be happy to come and visit and try and sort it out without having to buy the hardware.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 26 2004, 10:44 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

OK I have reposted HIPATI.dll - one of the functions did not have the stdcall directive (which is required in Delphi DLLs) and is the most likely cause of the problem. I have fixed the link as well.

If it still does not work, the documentation has 2 different declarations of the AreYouInFocus routine (one returing an Int, the other a Bool). If there is still an exception, I will try the other syntax.

Fixed the link as well....

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Mar 26 2004, 11:46 PM
Post #7

Guests

I still get the "now safe to turn off computer" message when using it to shutdown. I have yet to look at a workaround myself for this (lazy)

The "enhanced master controls" I have numbers 1 to 5. Having these enableds me to choose say "1" once the main menu is up to run DigitalWatch. However since upgrading from the first beta if i "scroll" through the list there will be the following

1. Digitalwatch
2. PowerDVD
3. Zoomplayer

etc etc. I can remove the "number only" entries by removing these number from the master control thingy, but then the numbers/remote keys cannot be used to activate each program. Its probably something stupid me is doing.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 27 2004, 08:32 AM
Post #8

Forum Regular

The "enhanced master controls" I have numbers 1 to 5. Having these enableds me to choose say "1" once the main menu is up to run DigitalWatch. However since upgrading from the first beta if i "scroll" through the list there will be the following
You should remove the numbers (1-5) from the Enhanced Controller section and set them up in the System Wide Keys section in the HIP Preferences tab (that way they will not be displayed in the Enhanced Controller Box but you can still use the numbers to select the Applications).

I still get the "now safe to turn off computer" message when using it to shutdown. I have yet to look at a workaround myself for this (lazy) 

Sorry about that...it must be really dull testing this thing. Can you let me know what OS you have? If you use one of the Shutdown options such as Shutdown Screen, does this still happen?

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 27 2004, 08:54 AM
Post #9

Forum Regular

Would it be possible to send a window focus command to the just started app say 10 seconds (or even configurable) after you launch the app?

Of course it is possible, but is it practical as there may be situations where you do not want this to happen. What I have done is that I have configured one of my buttons as a Mouse Left Click, and if you do that all you need to to is to press that button to bring the window into focus.

On a completely different topic and probably not of interest to you, I have realised that my Generic input option will allow you to use Girder to send messages to HIP as well as receive them. So now you could use any of the Girder pluggins for devices I don't support to receive commands, and then send them to Hip via a PostMessage command. Saves me having to write any more pluggins!!

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 27 2004, 09:03 AM
Post #10

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

I have set up my little m10000 epia box to act as my media server using the following apps:

- HIP
- Girder
- PowerDVD 5
- WebScheduler

All seems to be working as it should, it took a while but I am finally getting to the point where I can control most of the stuff I want from just using the IR remote that comes with the Vision Plus card :-)

The only thing I have noticed now is if I set the animated master control option to slow when I hit the power button on the IR the Hip interface pops up full then disappears and then fades into view. I am not sure if this is what it is suppose to do, I though it would fade in and out smoothly.

Anyway that is a small thing, apart from that this app makes using multiple applications with the one IR much easier.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 27 2004, 10:21 AM
Post #11

Guests

Peter,

Enhanced master controls are now working fine. Buttons mapped to left or right buttons in Axife FM still give an 8 or 2, rather than changing the channel. Don't worry about this for the moment though, I just got this FM radio in and am still playing around with it. It's a real pain actually - neither the software that came with it or Axife FM are detecting the line-in on my M-Audio Revo!

Just a couple of little things:

- I have to press enter a couple of times in the Master Control window before certain things (i.e. keyboard emulator) become active.
- How do I get more variables in my system wide keys list? I want to be able to shut down the PC without going back into the master control screen - can this be done?

Cheers,

Paul.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 27 2004, 12:05 PM
Post #12

Forum Regular

- I have to press enter a couple of times in the Master Control window before certain things (i.e. keyboard emulator) become active.
- How do I get more variables in my system wide keys list? I want to be able to shut down the PC without going back into the master control screen - can this be done?
Paul.

I don't know why this is so...I will check it out. Can you do me a favour and turn on the System Click Sound and let me know if HIP is registering the <Enter> key and not doing anything?

You can do ANYTHING from the Master Control List (by using the keyboard editor to send a pile of comnands to the system), but I would be wary about putting system shutdown here as 1 key press and your system would shutdown...a bit risky!

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Mar 27 2004, 12:08 PM
Post #13

Guests

You should remove the numbers (1-5) from the Enhanced Controller section and set them up in the System Wide Keys section in the HIP Preferences tab (that way they will not be displayed in the Enhanced Controller Box but you can still use the numbers to select the Applications).

Sorry about that...it must be really dull testing this thing.  Can you let me know what OS you have?  If you use one of the Shutdown options such as Shutdown Screen, does this still happen?

I'll try that option using System Wide. Thanks

OS is WinXP Pro. No Service Pack.
The "shutdown screen" option does work and bring this up, by default "standby" is highlighted, but once on this screen the remote seems unable to move left right on shutdown options, however i'll play with the systemwide bit and see if that may help hit "shutdown".

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 27 2004, 01:37 PM
Post #14

Forum Regular

OS is WinXP Pro.  No Service Pack.
The "shutdown screen" option does work and bring this up, by default "standby" is highlighted, but once on this screen the remote seems unable to move left right on shutdown options, however i'll play with the systemwide bit and see if that may help hit "shutdown".

You should be able to use left/right/enter or tab/space keys if these are setup in in the Master Key list.

If you can get the Shutdown screen to work, then I would use this be default (you can set up a key to automatically run this option) and you could remove the other options from the EC by unselecting them in the "Select Default Actions to Include" section.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 27 2004, 01:51 PM
Post #15

Guests

OS is WinXP Pro.  No Service Pack.

Could this be the problem by any chance? I'm running SP1, and am having no problems.

Won't get a chance to test the enter problem until late tonight/early tomorrow.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 27 2004, 01:54 PM
Post #16

Forum Regular

Could this be the problem by any chance? I'm running SP1, and am having no problems.

This problem is either OS related, or something about having an active COM port (IRMan) when you shut down. If we can find a workaround I would be happy!

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 27 2004, 03:09 PM
Post #17

Guests

This problem is either OS related, or something about having an active COM port (IRMan) when you shut down. If we can find a workaround I would be happy!

Are you running SP1 Peter? Do you have the shutdown problem still? I remember you saying you did have it, but I'm not sure if you said you still have it. If so, is IRMan the only device you have attached to a COM port? It is the only COM device I have attached to my HTPC. I am not having any shutdown problems when using IRMan, so I am leaning towards IRMan not being the problem. Then again, I am no computer guru, so I could be wrong.

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Mar 27 2004, 03:20 PM
Post #18

Guests

OK I have reposted HIPATI.dll - one of the functions did not have the stdcall directive (which is required in Delphi DLLs) and is the most likely cause of the problem. I have fixed the link as well.

If it still does not work, the documentation has 2 different declarations of the AreYouInFocus routine (one returing an Int, the other a Bool).  If there is still an exception, I will try the other syntax.

Fixed the link as well....

Umm, still no go - probably worth trying the alternate AreYouInFocus.

I saw the source in the help for 116, but couldn't see the source in 117 to try to compile the alternate.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Mar 27 2004, 05:38 PM
Post #19

Guests

I managed to program some navigation using remote and "global" config section.

I can now use the menu choice to pop open the "shutdown screen" and arrow/remotekey over to "turn off". The PC does actually turn off doing this, so i don't think the last command coming from IRman/COM port matters.

If I use the DOS command "shutdown -s" it stops at the same "safe to turn off computer" window as using the HIP shutdown choice.

The little app i use for automated shut off called "switch off" is free and works also, so im guessing that it sends whatever is sent when on chooses "turn off" from the XP turn off choice, where perhaps HIP is simply sending "shutdown -s" dos command?

I can email you this app if you want to have a look?

Its not a big issue.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 28 2004, 12:43 PM
Post #20

Guests

I don't know why this is so...I will check it out.  Can you do me a favour and turn on the System Click Sound and let me know if HIP is registering the <Enter> key and not doing anything?

It does click the first time I press the button mapped to the enter key on my remote, so HIP is registering the enter command, it's just not executing it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:29 PM