Guests

Your site seems to be down sad.gif I'll try again later
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_BJReplay_*
post Mar 25 2004, 07:06 PM
Post #42

Guests

I had a look at the SDK and it quite simple.  I did not realise that X1O remotes use this API...I don't fancy buying many more remotes, and so if I wrote a Plugin, would you be prepared to test it?

I might give it a go right now...

You betcha! :wink:

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 25 2004, 07:28 PM
Post #43

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Your site seems to be down sad.gif I'll try again later

The site is hosted by WebCentral in Brisbane and so we cannot blame the lines!! I checked before and it seems OK. Let me know how you go with the Shutdown stuff.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Mar 25 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #44

Guests

Sites working fine now (maybe just a short glitch) pitty the "shutdown" still is not. Oh well, thats PC's for ya.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 25 2004, 09:47 PM
Post #45

Guests

You should be able to use the ATI driver (get it from http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/re...onder-1-4.html) for any x-10 remote.

Peter,

I think this is backed up by what is written on the www.hometheatercomputer.net website. Under the support section it says:

At this time THR is developed to work with X10 designed RF remote controls and transceivers. These remotes include the X10 RF PC Remote Control, the ATI Remote Wonder, nVIDIA Personal Cinema remote, ONEbox remote control, Marmitek PC Control, and Q-Sonic RF PC Remote.

*Note*ATI Remote Wonder Users

Please be sure to disconnect the ATI USB receiver and uninstall the ATI remote software before loading the THR software, the ATI software will no longer be needed and may cause conflicts. Once removed proceed to the X10 Remote Users section to continue the install. For users who had the ATI software previously installed during Step 4 it may ask for the location of driver files, please direct it to the
"C:Program FilesCommon FilesX10Driver InstallWireless Transceivers" folder.

To me that suggests that all X10 remotes use the same driver, and the same SDK. I have not yet heard how long it is going to take before my remote gets here, but I will be more than happy to test a plugin when it gets here (as you know!)

I'm going to test the new build tonight - a report should be up later on.

Cheers,

Paul.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 26 2004, 01:12 AM
Post #46

Guests

Hi Peter,

I am still having the same problem with the master controller (i.e. master control keys having no effect with IRMan). This is with HIP 116 and the latest IRMan dll.

I am also having a problem with a radio program I run called Axife FM Radio. In this program, the left and right arrow keys go the previous and next channel, respectively. I entered these commands in HIP and tried to change the FM channel, but instead of skipping to the next or previous channel it entered an 8 or a 2. This is the first time I have tried to control this program via the remote, so I'm not sure if it was present in with previous versions of HIP.

I did not note any other problems.

Cheers,

Paul.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 26 2004, 01:03 PM
Post #47

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

I think I haev finally sorted out the Enhanced Control keys with IRMan, and these changes will be available later today.

As far as the shutdown issues are concerned, I have been doing a little research, but can those of you with problems please post your OS and I woudl be grateful if you could remove the IRMan (and if necessary disable HIP as well) and let me know is you can shutdown properly.

Also can you try using an External shutdown program such as Shutdown Now http://www.dworld.de/shdnintern.htm works...

I am also writing a generic pluggin to allow for any deivce to communicate directly with hip which we will be testing with the ATI SDK..

+Quote Post
darro
post Mar 26 2004, 01:11 PM
Post #48

Forum Regular

Group: FAQ Maintainer
Member No.: 168
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Peter,

Finally got a few minutes to install the update. Certainly seems to be much better behaved with myHTPC. Thanks heaps.

This may be a sideline information for your other issue, but I have found that my machine will not shutdown when myHTPC is running. Quit myHTPC and it shutsdown fine. I don't shut my machine down, so I don't notice this isse.

Cheers
Darren

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 26 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #49

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

Just got a chance to install the new build (116) the new parameter stuff is great :-)

I think I have found a small problem or bug, I can not get the master control to send commands to girder, I have set it up just like all the apps, hip is receiving the signal as I can hear the sound click but the command is never sent to girder.

I have also noticed one other thing, I have two machines, one fast and one slow, if I use girder on the fast machine to start myHTPC it works flawlessly, if I use Hip on the slow machine to start myHTPC then sometimes the windows task bar is left as the focus.

Would it be possible to send a window focus command to the just started app say 10 seconds (or even configurable) after you launch the app?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 11:29 PM