> Hip Beta 10 Available
btmi
post Feb 25 2004, 09:07 AM
Post #21

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

UPDATE NUMBER 2: SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously I am the only person running HIP in conjunction with WinDVD/DigiVision. The problem was a WinDVD program called Cinema Manager, which loads on Windows startup. I exited it using Task Manager, and the Power button is now recognised in HIP. The only problem now is that I can't get DigiVision to work at all. Have already tried re-installing WinDVD and DigiVision without success. :x. So I haven't had a chance to fully test this, but it seems to be the problem. Might have to go to DigitalWatch instead.

Isn't it typical that of all the key combinations that one could use, both programs use the same one!! I take it you cannot assign a different key combination in Cinema Manager? DigitalWatch is an awesome program, but the serial IO will also be the solution to avoid this problem and allow you to stay with DigiVision.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Feb 25 2004, 10:58 AM
Post #22

Guests

The thing is there's not much to Cinema Manager (like two checkboxes, and that's it), so I don't see why it would steal those buttons. Maybe the WinDVD profile is loaded at that stage (i.e. all the control buttons for WinDVD itself), I don't know. Marty has said the next beta of DigiVision will allow the use of the Cyberlink decoders, so I'll just use them once it's out.

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Feb 27 2004, 12:02 PM
Post #23

Guests

Peter,

The taskbar is still stealing focus for me. Looks like I'll have to wait for the serial solution. Any ETA on that?

Thanks,

Paul.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 27 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #24

Forum Regular

The taskbar is still stealing focus for me. Looks like I'll have to wait for the serial solution. Any ETA on that?

I am writing the serial part at the moment, but my problem is hardware. The Ira-2 is out of production until mid-march, I have ordered a Tira-2 to at least get this part finished (that should be here next week). I am currently in negotiation with the manufacturers of IRMan to purchase a pile of them to try and get the price down from the current RRP of $55, and I should have these by the week after next. I plan to sell these through my company to all HIP Beta testers at cost, but more details on that in a weeks time.

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 18 2004, 02:05 PM
Post #25

Web Scheduler Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 9
Card: None

I am writing the serial part at the moment, but my problem is hardware. The Ira-2 is out of production until mid-march, I have ordered a Tira-2 to at least get this part finished (that should be here next week). I am currently in negotiation with the manufacturers of IRMan to purchase a pile of them to try and get the price down from the current RRP of $55, and I should have these by the week after next. I plan to sell these through my company to all HIP Beta testers at cost, but more details on that in a weeks time.

Any news on this yet?

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 18 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #26

Guests

Yeah, how's the next version of HIP coming along Peter?

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 18 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #27

Web Scheduler Developer

I have had a bit of a play with HIP and myHTPC, from what I can tell HIP is sending the key commands to the wrong window. I could be wrong but that is what it looks like.

How are you identifying what window should receive the key command? Will HIP ever be open source?

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 18 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #28

Web Scheduler Developer

How do I get Girder working with Hip.

I have configured everything and I can see Girder receiving the commands (in the status bar I see the Hip2:56 text show up when I send the command etc) but I can not get Girder to trigger on this event.

Update:
Has anyone actually used this software with Girder?

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 19 2004, 11:37 AM
Post #29

Forum Regular

Yeah, how's the next version of HIP coming along Peter?

Sorry I have been so quite. I have been busy with all of the changes to HIP on top of my paid work!!!

There will be a new Beta in the next few days.

I have completed the addition of COM-based input with IRMan and TIRA (but the latter is on hold until the hardware supply problem is resolved).
Using a COM interface rather than the Human Interface Parser has many advantages:
1) Much more reliable (not relying on keyboard hooks). I have also found that the VP remote is not very reliable as far as the output is concerned hence key mis-reads or malfunctions.
2) Focus does not become an issue as the keys can be converted and sent irrespective of what is in focus.
3) Com-based actions can be setup to work in 3 ways: Compatability Mode (the commands are only transmitted if the application is in focus as it works now), Last Application (the commands are always sent to the last selected application) or Unique (where every command is unique - great if you have a programmable remote).
4) You can define system wide keys which will allow you to control any application with any remote.

I have a limited number of IRMan units which I will sell at COST ($40+7.50 postage) to anyone that want to test the module. These are available now on a first come basis. Even if you do not want to use HIP, these units come with software support for a large number of applications, but I would appreciate some feedback on the unit with HIP. Send me an email if you are interested.

I have re-written the entire keyboard emulation module to get around some problems and this may fix the keyboard interface as well.

Lots of other bug fixes as well.

I will post a message as soon as I have got all of this working.

Peter

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 19 2004, 11:44 AM
Post #30

Forum Regular

I have had a bit of a play with HIP and myHTPC, from what I can tell HIP is sending the key commands to the wrong window. I could be wrong but that is what it looks like. 

How are you identifying what window should receive the key command? Will HIP ever be open source?

This is a difficult problem to solve. As window handles are dynamic, HIP always sends commands to the first window that matches the exe name defined in the Application Window. You can find a window by the window name and caption, but I have had trouble with this in the past as many windows do not have captions, and when they do, they are often changed by the system. You can check this out by using the Girder interface.

As far as Open Source is concerned, I have no problem sharing the Delphi code, I would just have to clean it up before I did so, and it also uses a number of components (both open-source and my own) which makes the configuration quite complex. I have no intention of charging for this software, but I do have plans to start retailing IR-based hardware products, and HIP will be a useful platform for this venture.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 19 2004, 11:46 AM
Post #31

Forum Regular

I have configured everything and I can see Girder receiving the commands (in the status bar I see the  Hip2:56 text show up when I send the command etc) but I can not get Girder to trigger on this event.

Update:

Can you see the events coming into Girder? If so, it is likely to be a Girder config problem. Try using a simple command like playing a WAV file to debug it.

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 19 2004, 12:51 PM
Post #32

Web Scheduler Developer

I have configured everything and I can see Girder receiving the commands (in the status bar I see the  Hip2:56 text show up when I send the command etc) but I can not get Girder to trigger on this event.

Update:

Can you see the events coming into Girder? If so, it is likely to be a Girder config problem. Try using a simple command like playing a WAV file to debug it.

I am having a few problems setting this up, I have set up Girder to open Notpad.exe when it receives a command on the Internet Server input. This works fine if I send the command to Girder using the command line tool (ieventc.exe) that comes with Girder but I can not work out what event string to put in the Girder option from HIP.

I had a quick look using Ethereal (a network snooping tool) and it looks like Hip is sending the command to Girder as a payload but not an event string. Is this the case? If so how do I trigger on a payload?

If someone could just write 5 simple steps on how to get Girder to trigger on Hip input that would help out. I think I am missing something very simple and obvious.

Depending on how my testing goes with Girder I would be interested in an IR input device that is not HID based.

+Quote Post
Hally
post Mar 19 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #33

Forum Regular

Member No.: 176

I am using an RF remote to control my PC and my Foxtel STB from other rooms. I wrote some details of it a while back at http://robdvd.radfiles.net/viewtopic.php?t=305. I find this a good solution. I've been thinking about looking at Girder for a while as IRAssistant isn't great, but it works so I haven't gotten around to it. I'm focussing my efforts on my MediaMVP now anyway, which means I don't necessarily need an RF remote anyway... though maybe I still will... haven't work it all out yet...

Shane

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 20 2004, 11:20 AM
Post #34

Forum Regular

If someone could just write 5 simple steps on how to get Girder to trigger on Hip input that would help out. I think I am missing something very simple and obvious.

Unfortunately setting up Girder takes more than 5 steps I will add a brief tutorial in the help file in the next release how to set up Girder communications. This should up available on Monday so long as I do not find any show stoppers.

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 20 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #35

Web Scheduler Developer

Unfortunately setting up Girder takes more than 5 steps I will add a brief tutorial in the help file in the next release how to set up Girder communications.  This should up available on Monday so long as I do not find any show stoppers.

Excellent.

I think I have it set up correctly, it is just what to put in the eventstring option when you click the learn event button. I do not know what text to enter in box that asks "Enter the eventstring you will send over the internet". I have tried "Hip2:56" which is the text that shows up in the status bar when you send the message to Girder from Hip but it does not seem to trigger the command.

Here is an exported group from Girder, it is just a test group with one command and one EventString associated with it.

If someone could just post an exported group that they have working with Hip that would at least point me in the correct direction.

If not I will wait until Monday to check out the help file stuff :-)

CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Girder>

<Group Name="New" Identifier="2" Enabled="TRUE">

<Command Name="New" Identifier="3" Enabled="TRUE">

<StateCount>1</StateCount>

<StateBegin>1</StateBegin>

<StateCurrent>1</StateCurrent>

<StateInvert>FALSE</StateInvert>

<OSD>FALSE</OSD>

<Submatch>FALSE</Submatch>

<Topmost>TRUE</Topmost>

<OneMatch>FALSE</OneMatch>

<UseVar>FALSE</UseVar>

<MatchHidden>FALSE</MatchHidden>

<MatchNum>1</MatchNum>

<ActionType>2</ActionType>

<ActionSubType>14</ActionSubType>

<sValue1>C:WINDOWSNOTEPAD.EXE</sValue1>

<iValue2>10</iValue2>

<bValue1>FALSE</bValue1>

<bValue2>FALSE</bValue2>

<bValue3>FALSE</bValue3>

<EventString Name="EventString" Identifier="4" Enabled="TRUE" Invert="FALSE" Device="203" IrStr="Hip1:56">

</EventString>

</Command>

</Group>

</Girder>

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 20 2004, 01:33 PM
Post #36

Web Scheduler Developer

Ok I have found the problem, there appears to be a bug in the Girder Internet client in Hip, Hip is appending some sort of non viewable character to the end of the string that it is sending.

This means that if you try to enter the Event String manually it will never match the text you enter but if you learn the event it works fins as the non viewable character is also learnt.

From the help readme available in the girder help directory it looks like you only need to send the /n character perhaps you are also adding the /r character which is screwing things up.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 20 2004, 06:34 PM
Post #37

Forum Regular

Ok I have found the problem, there appears to be a bug in the Girder Internet client in Hip, Hip is appending some sort of non viewable character to the end of the string that it is sending.

This means that if you try to enter the Event String manually it will never match the text you enter but if you learn the event it works fins as the non viewable character is also learnt.

From the help readme available in the girder help directory it looks like you only need to send the /n character perhaps you are also adding the /r character which is screwing things up.

Boy that was a good catch....the extra character is probably a null and I will see if I can fix this before I release the final version (I will send a block rather than a string). I have never typed the commands in directly (I have always used the buttons in Hip to send the code). These commands will get a while lot more complicated if you start using the IR interface.

More soon....

+Quote Post
btmi
post Mar 21 2004, 11:22 AM
Post #38

Forum Regular

Found and fixed. It was the old CR/LF problem when the interface only requires a LF.

I am working on the update and it should be available later today (Sunday).

+Quote Post
null_pointer
post Mar 21 2004, 12:31 PM
Post #39

Web Scheduler Developer

I have a question, now that I can send Girder commands to trigger from hip how do I send the command to girder for a normal key hit.

Explination:

I want to send commands to Girder for the ket press for one of the Hip configured apps.

I have myHTPC set up a and want to play around with using Girder to send the actual key press command to the app instead of Hip doing it.

I set up Hip and learn the ir key and then leave the key to send blank, is it possible to send this key hit to girder as a command?

The reason I want to do this is Girder has got some extended Window targeting stuff that I want to test it so instead of Hip sending the key code to the target app hip just sends a girder commad and Girder would then send the key code. Is this possible?

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Mar 21 2004, 12:32 PM
Post #40

Guests

Hi Peter,

Any chance you could support this receiver (ripped from Hally's thread) - http://www.eon3.com/content/products/produ...ntProductID=259 ? Would be very handy for X10 users if you couldn't write one for the X10 receiver :wink:. This one is a serial based receiver, unlike the X10 one, which is USB based.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 11:27 PM