> HIP (New Beta Version) with DigitalWatch Support
btmi
post Feb 16 2004, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

I am sorry but I just cannot help myself...

There is another Beta of HIP available...please check out the page http://www.btmi.com.au/hip for more information.

This has yet more features and some more bug fixes....

New features include:

1) Primary/Secondary Keys - allows you to set up toggle keys, or to press a key twice (eg Record) before it is sent on to the application.
2) Help - so you have forgotten what you mapped your VP Keys to...running Hip Help in the Enhanced Controller, will allow you to see the designations before you run them
3) Predefined Actions - Now all users can benefit from the collation of keyboard commands from used applications which are now available from within the Edit Commands dialog.
4) DigitalWatch Support - a special DLL is provided at the above location, when installed to the HIP directory will allow you to directly edit the Keys.ini file of this great app from within HIP. You can also use this feature to maintain 2 sets of key definitions (eg: 1 for keyboard use without HIP running, and another for your remote). Note: this program is Beta, and so before you use it you should copy your Keys.ini file somewhere safe just in case you encounter a problem with the program.

Notice for users upgrading from a previous release of HIP
Due to the intruduction of the toggle key feature, and a bug with the interpretation of Ctrl and Alt characters, you may need to re-enter the commands for ANY command that users ALT, CTRL or &.

I promise I will not be adding any more features now as I do have some real work to do....feedback from anyone using this software is appreciated.

Peter (BTMI)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_smoothchat_*
post Feb 17 2004, 09:43 AM
Post #2

Guests

Hey Peter,

congratulatoins on a fantastic software tool. I can now drive my HTPC fully from the remote and utilise DigitalWatch for DTV and Zoomplayer for DVD playback. My wife could probably drive it now ;-)

I still have the occasional hitch where the invoked app doesn't have focus, especially if I don't use the mouse at all right through bootup. For some reason the current app in the HIP OSD is blank directly after bootup (because I haven't clicked on the desktop").

When you invoke an app, do you grab it's handle and give it "focus"? If you do, something must be grabbing the focus back. BTW, I have baloon help switched off otherwise I would always lose focus.

This problem occurs if I boot up from scratch without using the mouse at all, bringing up the HIP display with an asigned remote button (wonderful) and selecting the app from the list. The app fires up, but doesn't have focus. One of the buttons on the remote sends a "Tab", so I hit that, the task bar pops up, another "tab" selects the invoked app, then I hit the play button (CReturn), then I have focus.

Despite this little distraction, the tool gets a 10 out of 10 from me.

Well done.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 17 2004, 10:08 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Smoothchat,

Thanks for your comments (they are greatly appreciated)

The problem of windows focus is tricky one which I have not yet worked out the best way to overcome the way the active application can lose focus without you doing anything (any suggestions are appreciated). I would certainly make sure that the "Automatically Change Key Configuration" option is checked, and that the "Show Balloon Message..." is not (the latter seems to change the focus back to explorer).

The only time HIP has total control of the system is when the Controller is displayed, and so if you press a key, and it does not work, invoke the controller and press the number (1-9) of the application to quickly change to that application.

When the Enhanced controller displays, it calls the Windows API GetForegroundWindow to find out what application has focus. HIP will only display an application if it is one that Hip can control (some applications run without any windows which is why it is empty).

You can also use the Next/Previous application to select a running application that Hip can control.

I will keep on using it on my HTPC and I will see if there is a more elegant solution....

+Quote Post
BigH
post Feb 17 2004, 11:15 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 51
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Hi Peter, another great improvement, just one tiny request any chance of including the version ID in the exe file name your zealous output is becoming a little confusing?
Cheers.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 17 2004, 11:52 AM
Post #5

Forum Regular

The Version info is included in HIP.EXE but do you mean the installer??

If so I will do this (I just have a tendency to forget to update the installer variables).

Peter

+Quote Post
nate
post Feb 17 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #6

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

The Version info is included in HIP.EXE but do you mean the installer??

If so I will do this (I just have a tendency to forget to update the installer variables).
I think what we're after is for the version to be part of the installer name the way i do with DigitalWatch.
eg. HIPInstall1007
That way we can download each version into the same directory and still keep the old versions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 17 2004, 12:17 PM
Post #7

Forum Regular

eg. HIPInstall1007
...I understand and it is a good idea. I will start this when I can get the courage to stop calling this a Beta release...

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 17 2004, 05:39 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

Group: FAQ Maintainer
Member No.: 168
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

congratulatoins on a fantastic software tool.  I can now drive my HTPC fully from the remote and utilise DigitalWatch for DTV and Zoomplayer for DVD playback. My wife could probably drive it now

If you are using Zoomplayer to play DVD's you may want to switch on "Move Mouse offscreen when Mouse is hidden by inactivity" which is on the settings/interface menu.

I appears even if the mouse is hidden, ZP registers its X/Y location. If there happens to be a DVD menu item at this location, you cannot move off it with the remote. It is stuck with the focus.

Cheers
Darren

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 11:28 PM