> New Beta Version of HIP Available
btmi
post Feb 9 2004, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

OK...there is a new version of HIP (a better program to run your system with your VP remote) at http://www.btmi.com.au/HIP/HIPInstall2Beta.EXE.

This has almost too many new features and bug fixes to list (and are all explained in the Help file) but here is a taste...

1) New Enhanced Controller with clock and system specific commands (system shut down etc)
2) Auto switching of assigned commands
3) On Screen Display
4) More options for Application management
5) On-Screen SMS-style keyboard (type anything with your remote!!)

but if that is not enough, HIP now has Girder support so you can easily use Girder to do anything HIP cannot without the nightmare of programming the Keyboard plugin.

You may install over the top of the old version, but you may want to backup your configuration file just in case.

Most of these new options are not enabled by default and so please consult the documentation for detail about the changes.

It has been hard work getting all of this together....let me know what you think. If there are not too many significant problems, I will put the new version where the old one was....

Peter Grimshaw (BTMI)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 9 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: FAQ Maintainer
Member No.: 168
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

btmi,

Great, will download now and test out tonight.

thanks
Darren

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 10 2004, 10:18 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular

I found a lot of bugs myself last night when I was playing around and so I have uploaded a new version over the previous release...

Build 2.0.0.2 10/2/2004 (BETA)
Fixed Girder Support
Fixed Saving of Sound Preferences
Fixed initial directory of Add Applications routine
Fixed removal of AutoStart link
Added changes to show when Enhanced Control has lost focus
Added removal warning for WinManager to installation

--------------------

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 10 2004, 05:38 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Peter,

With the Enhanced HIP Master control, is the up/down arrow next to the application name meant to do anything ? If it is not a list of apps, then the issue is you need to remember which app is assiged to which number. With the old method you could see all apps.

I though I was going a little crazy with the sound preferences !!!

At one point you where thinking about reading the IR codes. It that still on the agenda ?

Cheers
Darren

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 10 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Darro,

You have to assign either or both or one of the UP and DOWN keys by adding them to to list of "Enhanced Master Control Commands" on the main screen (as you would assign the commands for an Application). That way you can toggle through the list. You can also use this option to predefine any other command to a button the remote. If you want to use the On-Screen Editor, you will also need to program the BACKSPACE key as well.

Also don't try working out the Girder stuff yet...there was a missing link which I have working now, and I will post a new update tomorrow.

I have tried to get deeper into the IR stuff but unfortunately the way the VP remote works makes this virtually imposible without changing the ghardware, or possibly breaking other aspects of Windows.

Peter

--------------------

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 11 2004, 07:32 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Peter,

Seem to have the "Enhanced Master Control Commands" working now. Will need to actually read the doco though (bugger).

I don't use girder, so this is not a problem for me. !

Once again, thanks

Cheers
Darren

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Feb 12 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #7

Guests

G'day Peter,

I had a quick play around with this program tonight. It seems great, exactly what we need. I had a couple of requests:

Ability to use one button to control 2 things. For instance, I want to use the full screen to toggle between original aspect ratio and cropped in DigiVision. Like putting multiple commands in a group in Girder.

Automatic shutdown when use use the system shutdown command. For me, it goes into that final WinXP screen where you can choose standby, shutdown or hibernate, but I want it to shutdown automatically.

I also want to be able to directly choose a channel, but I guess I'll have to bug Marty about that.

A couple of questions. Why is the power button not detected in the program? Can any USB remote be used (cos I've got a better one here)?

Again, thanks for this great program. I'll have a read of how it interacts with Girder, I might be able to do the things I wnat to through that in combination with HIP. Might save you some programming.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 12 2004, 08:41 AM
Post #8

Forum Regular

Elroy...

1) 1 Button for 2 Things - You can do this by defining 2 application slots for the same application, but for a true toggle switch I think that it would be much better to use the Girder interface. I have been playing around with this and this is working a treat and using HIP it makes the configuring Girder extremely fast and easy.

2) System Shutdown - This is a little complicated because I found out that in XP/2000 there are special system rights required to call a system shutdown directly which I need solve before doing this directly (I am working on it). You can however use the VisionPlus remote to select the options on the screen by using the TAB and PLAY keys. There is also a System Shutdown event in Girder which may work better.

3) Directly choosing a Channel in DigiVision....is you rename the channels with numbers first ie: 2 ABC TV etc, you can use the numeric keys to move to a selection directly.

4) Power Button
I have been having a few problems with the recognising of the power button, and there will be a new beta this afternoon with this sorted out. HIP will work with any device that emulates the Keyboard, and so if your USB device sends commands to the Keyboard then you can use this with HIP (all you need to find is a key on this remote that you can set up as the Master Control). I actually have been using my IR keyboard with HIP (having learnt some extra commands in my main system remote) to extend its functionality.

More soon....

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 12 2004, 09:03 AM
Post #9

Forum Regular

Further to my previous post, the channel switching my renaming the channels with a number 1st only works when the channel list is displayed.

Also if you do not have Girder and you need to download it, the current version is now shareware (which is probably fair enough) but if you google for version 3.29, this version is free and seems to do everything.

There may be some other alternatives with the Full Screen switching in Digivision which I will check out tonight. Setting up Toggle switches can be tricky (if the state of the toggle switch is important), and you may be able achieve the same result in Girder by sending a mouse double-click to the main window...

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Feb 12 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #10

Guests

Thanks Peter. So is the link with Girder working now, or do I need to wait until you upload the next beta? (i thought you said it was broken, if it is not, my apologies)

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 12 2004, 04:20 PM
Post #11

Forum Regular

OK...another Beta is available at http://www.btmi.com.au/Hip/HipInstall2Beta.exe with as many fixes as I can find with all of the Girder support now functional ....

Let me know how you all go...

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 12 2004, 08:06 PM
Post #12

Forum Regular

I neglected to remove some debug code in the previous build and so commands from the Controller were being sent to the underlying application...this has been fixed in the build that is there now....

(Sorry)

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 13 2004, 07:18 PM
Post #13

Forum Regular

Hopefully I have just uploaded what is the final Beta version of the new-look HIP. It may be found at the following location:

http://www.btmi.com.au/Hip/HipInstallBeta.exe (1Mb)

New Features include:

Simple Mouse Movement commands
Direct System Shutdown/Reboot

Known issues:

I have encountered some problems with the Girder connection on 1 computer (I am currently testing to see what is the cause).

Before you install this, you should either uninstall any previsou versions or at least make sure that HIP is not running.

Any feedback here....

Peter (BTMI)

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 14 2004, 07:59 AM
Post #14

Forum Regular

Peter,

When I exit an application and return to myHTPC. HIP will in a second or so pick up that myHTPC has focus and switch profiles. This is great and makes everything more seamless.

One small thing I have noticed though. When HIP switches the taskbar becomes visible, myHTPC still has focus and when I press a button the taskbar goes away. This does not happen on other apps, like ZP, DW, DV etc only myHTPC.

This probably an issue with myHTPC and the way it handles it's full screen.

Cheers
Darren

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 14 2004, 09:13 AM
Post #15

Forum Regular

One small thing I have noticed though.  When HIP switches the taskbar becomes visible, myHTPC still has focus and when I press a button the taskbar goes away.  This does not happen on other apps,  like ZP, DW, DV etc only myHTPC.

Can you tell me if the BALLOON Help is on? If it is try turning it off. If not I think I know what is causing it....

Let me know how you go.

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 14 2004, 09:20 AM
Post #16

Forum Regular

Peter,

Your "Show Balloon messages when active application changes" option is not turned on.

Can't recall any other XP settings.

Cheers
Darren

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 16 2004, 04:45 PM
Post #17

Forum Regular

Darro,

Try the current Beta (details in a separate posting)...

Peter

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 16 2004, 05:29 PM
Post #18

Forum Regular

Will do.

Thanks
Darren

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 17 2004, 06:12 PM
Post #19

Forum Regular

Peter,

Finally got a chance to install the latest version. Unfortunately things are a little worse.

Now the taskbar is permanently present. It almost looks as if myhtpc and hip are fighting over who has focus. Only about 1 in 2 keys seems get through.

I have gone back to the earlier one and it seems fine (apart from the taskbar being present until a key is pressed).

No big one, the earlier version does everything I need, but I though I better let you know.

Cheers
Darren

+Quote Post
btmi
post Feb 18 2004, 07:35 AM
Post #20

Forum Regular

Now the taskbar is permanently present. It almost looks as if myhtpc and hip are fighting over who has focus. Only about 1 in 2 keys seems get through.  

That is odd....the change I made is that if you turn off the Balloon messages option, once minimized HIP should not interact with the task bar at all until you press a key. I will look into this....

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 11:31 PM