Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HIP Request
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Jun 14 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #1

Guests

BTMI (Peter)

As a FusionHDTV user i have a request.

I now start FusionHDTV with a batch file so as it runs with higher CPU priority, as "normal" allows other apps to steal CPU time, even captures are corrupted etc etc (yes stupid i know smile.gif )

Anyways as i have it start as a batchfile in HIP, it seems to not "know" that FusionHDTV.exe is the active app and it should the apply its configuration.

I think this is due to the file that HIP starts being .bat, which obvioulsy only runs for a millisecond.

Could you possibly add a feature to allow HIP to look for any set file/app that is running and apply the remote code to that. Ie allowing one to start apps with a .bat file yet have the keys mapped/applied to the chooses .exe.

Am i making sense?

Dvico could just sort their software out to run "abovenormal", but well for now i have much more chance of you perhaps integrating more features smile.gif

I doubt Dvico will even have this issue sorted in the apparent soon to be released upadate, given we are on version 2.60 of the software, u'd think that CPU usage and its affect on so called "silent" captures would be something tested in the beta stage. hmmmmm.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Jun 15 2004, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

It makes sense, and I will look forward to getting back to Hip as an antidote to my work of the last few weeks. I will be back in my office next week (in a hot and steamy London today), and I will get to work. If I have any questions I will let you know.

Peter

--------------------

+Quote Post
btmi
post Jun 22 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Now that I am back, I am working on the Hip issues that have been raised so far.

As far as your request is concerned, I plan to add an option to run a program (bat, cmd, com or exe) either before or after the application is executed. This command would only run if the application is not running. That way HIP can still track the actual defined executable rather than the batch file.

Would this be an acceptable solution?

Peter

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Jun 22 2004, 11:40 AM
Post #4

Guests

sounds ok

i use the .bat file to actually start the .exe with additional windows commands (to set cpu priority)

so only the .bat needs to be run, which inturn launches the .exe with the required cpu parrams.

+Quote Post
btmi
post Jun 23 2004, 10:58 AM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Can you post or PM the contents of your bat file so I can see what it does and to ensure that my approach will work?

When the new version is available, you will need to remove the line that executes the software from the batch file (as HIP will run the application) and use the rest of the file to set the priority.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Jun 23 2004, 10:26 PM
Post #6

Guests

Its pretty simple one smile.gif

"start/abovenormal fusionhdtv.exe"

Filename: FusionABOVENORMAL.bat

D

+Quote Post
btmi
post Jun 24 2004, 09:19 AM
Post #7

Forum Regular

My solution will not work with this scenario.

What I think I will do is allow you set the priority of the thread from within Hip.

Peter

--------------------

+Quote Post
btmi
post Jun 24 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

Spoonfed - I have just uploaded a new version of HIP which (amongst other things) allows you to set the application priority. To do this go to the Edit Application screen, change from the batch file you have been using back to the FusionHDTV.exe and save the Priority to Above Normal.

Can you let me know how you go as I need to check this is working before I launch it publically.

Peter

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post Jun 24 2004, 08:36 PM
Post #9

Guests

Peter,

Works a treat. Thanks.

The other run app "before/after" additions are nice also.

Release away smile.gif .............i've tested it for..........errrrm a few mins smile.gif

Any issues i'll let you know. Good work

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:27 PM