> HIP Beta Build 2.1.1.3 with Skins capability
btmi
post Apr 28 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

There was a problem with the display of the Enhanced controller in an earlier release, and so I decided to implement something that I had been meaning to for ages....Hip skins (or skinny hips)...

So with this release http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/download.htm, there are a couple of sample skins that you can use to change the look and to use as templates for your own creations.

There are a number of other internal changes as well (hence the Beta status).

I have also implemented Spoonfed's request to be able to move the position of applications.

Enjoy...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post Apr 30 2004, 01:44 AM
Post #2

Guests

G'day Peter,

Installed the latest beta and the DW update tonight. Everything seems to be working as it should be, the app. movement in the program list is working fine. Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
kenneth
post Apr 30 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Member No.: 144
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t / DVICO FusionHDTV

Peter, you have announced my favourite two words "Skins capability".

I haven't tried it out, and won't be untill my house's LAN is put back to normal.

--------------------
From Kenneth
AMD Athlon 2600+, 1.25GB RAM, ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Wireless Edition, Geforce 4 MX440SE (connected to Viewsonic E71f), DNTV Live! DVB-T, DNTV Live! DVB-T Pro, DVICO FusionHDTV , FusionHDTV USB owner, and I also have a VisionPlus DVB-S card

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post May 1 2004, 01:29 AM
Post #4

Guests

I have also implemented Spoonfed's request to be able to move the position of applications.

Enjoy...

Thanks for that.

One thing. Not sure if you use Zoomplayer or not, but i've found with the "OSD" up the, which can be the control bar for example, HIP does not "think" Zoomplayer is the active window and reverts back to the global keys. I what recordings in zoomplayer and have keys for 20sec and 58sec skip forward/back. I have to "pause" my finger between each hit until the OSD goes away or else it sends another comand, which is inacted in zoomplayer mind you.

If i use the "last active" option in HIP the OSD does not worry it, BUT doing this i find my self getting into more trouble smile.gif

Perhaps its a zoomplayer issue where it tells windows its not "active" window when the OSD's up?

Anyways, HIP is awsome app, stable, configurable. I still find it amazing that software wise end users of VP and other DTV cards have provided MORE than the damn companies that manufacture the cards and took our money smile.gif Webscheduler, Digital Watch, HIP.

+Quote Post
btmi
post May 1 2004, 09:20 AM
Post #5

Forum Regular

One thing.  Not sure if you use Zoomplayer or not, but i've found with the "OSD" up the, which can be the control bar for example, HIP does not "think" Zoomplayer is the active window and reverts back to the global keys.    
There are a couple of likely scenarios here but I need a little clarification...by OSD I presume you mean the Zoomplayer OSD and not the HIP OSD. Also can you confirm you are using the IRman interface? I have a copy of ZP and so I suspect that it is something to do with Window visibility. I will check it out. Is there any way to setup the system-wide keys to work the way you need them to?

Anyways, HIP is awsome app, stable, configurable.

Thanks for the comments...I must say this project has been fun!!

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post May 1 2004, 11:19 AM
Post #6

Guests

Yes the Zoomplayer OSD, for example the control bar.

I think it is a windows "visable app" thingy for some reason the OSD showing confuses windows/HIP.

Yes I am using IRMan.

I have the global keys set to do a different task. The keys i use in zoomplayer are number keys on the remote, which are not used as numbers in zoomplayer, but are numbers for the "global keys". I could maybe remap the keys in ZP to also work with the numbers but im not sure if this will work. Numbers in ZP are used for video present. I have the number keys setup like a "arrow pad" on the remote for ZP, which also doubles as 20sec skip and 58sec skip for file playback and navagation for DVD.

+Quote Post
btmi
post May 3 2004, 02:46 PM
Post #7

Forum Regular

Spoonfed...

I downloaded the standard version of ZP but it does not include the OSD controls and so I was not able to test this.

I have uploaded a new build of HIP which has one small (but important change)...when a key is sent by HIP, it would switch to the application before sending the keys. Now Hip checks the foreground window, and so long as the thread uses the same EXE, then it will not try to switch windows, hopefully sending the commands to the OSD window. If this still does not work, then the OSD window may be using another exe or dll in which case I may have to find another solution.

As far as your IRMan settings are concerned, I believe the best combination of modes is the "Send Command to Last selected application" used with the "Automatically change key Configuration" setting. Along with this you can also assign system-wide keys on your remote (if you have any spare) to any of the applications in your list, and so you can switch or open any application with 1 key press.

Let me know how you go....

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post May 3 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #8

Guests

Works great now, still set to "focus mode" but now even if the OSD is up the remote still works, whoohooo! smile.gif thanks again.

+Quote Post
btmi
post May 3 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #9

Forum Regular

Works great now, still set to "focus mode" but now even if the OSD is up the remote still works, whoohooo! smile.gif  thanks again.

Another happy customer biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post May 3 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #10

Guests

Sure am, certainly worth every cent smile.gif.

Funny, apps like WS/DW and HIP provide more satisfaction than the apps that one has to pay for.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post May 7 2004, 01:34 PM
Post #11

Guests

I spoke to soon before. It still has the same issue sad.gif

You mention using the "Send Command to Last selected application" option (which i can see) in combo with "Automatically change key Configuration" which i can't see, where do i find this option?

The only issue with using send to last app setting as i find myself having the last app open when i dont want it to due to hitting a command.

+Quote Post
btmi
post May 7 2004, 02:26 PM
Post #12

Forum Regular

I spoke to soon before.  It still has the same issue sad.gif

You mention using the "Send Command to Last selected application" option (which i can see) in combo with "Automatically change key Configuration" which i can't see, where do i find this option?

This option is on the first HIP tab (System Settings) - second checkbox down.

The only way I can debug this without ZP Pro is to find out how the ZP windows are arranged (Girder can do this via the Target button with the SendMessage pluggin).

Other ZP users, please feel free to chip in.

I have been having a few problems with the skins with disapearing fonts that I have not been able to sort out yet which I hope to fix as I play with my new USBUIRT device which looks pretty promising so far.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post May 7 2004, 02:43 PM
Post #13

Guests

oops stupid me smile.gif It was ticked, 2000ms, is this setting ok?

I'll perhaps download girder and see what it says if i get a chance

+Quote Post
btmi
post May 7 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #14

Forum Regular

oops stupid me smile.gif  It was ticked, 2000ms, is this setting ok?

I'll perhaps download girder and see what it says if i get a chance

2000ms is the norm. Downloading Girder may not be necessary...I will keep on searching for an answer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
btmi
post May 8 2004, 11:33 AM
Post #15

Forum Regular

Spoonfed,

Try the build of HIP now available. I have tweaked a few settings which may or may not make a difference.

Can you try enabling the Balloon message notification (on the OSD tab) as a debugging tool to see if HIP is changing the key config to another application while the OSD is up. If it is already enabled then disable it as this may also be a problem.

Try also unselecting the Automatically change key Configuration to see if that is causing the problem.

Peter

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post May 8 2004, 12:02 PM
Post #16

Guests

Peter,

Tried the new version.

I enabled the "balloon" message and it does not come up, so it seems it is staying on zoomplayer.
I turned off auto change key and made no difference.

I'd like to just confirm again what is happening.

In Zoomplayer I have "up/down" (keyboard) set to 20sec skip for file playback, and "left/right" is 58 seconds. These are keys 2 and 8, and 4 and 6 on the remote which are mapped as up/down/left/right in hip for Zoomplayer. In "global keys" these numbers are actually numbers used for launching applications.
What happens is while either the OSD in zoomplayer (which is a pop up saying time skip 20sec for eg) or the "control bar" is "up" for a second or so after the "skip" the remote then changes back to global keys and send the "number" to zoomplayer, which in this case are video position presets.
If i turn off both the OSD and Control Bar poping up in zoomplayer the remote stays in "zoomplayer" mode.

I appreciate your efforts here but its no that big a deal. I could turn off the OSD/Control bar popup but it nice to know the "time" when skipping about smile.gif. I can just wait the second or so till my next "skip".
Or i'll look at remaping the number keys in zoomplayer, or see of the number keys can be dealocated from the video position presets.

Off this topic smile.gif

A mate just gave me a CrystalFonts 2 line backlit Com driven LCD display (his a bit of a MP3/music box making guru). Anyways support software wise for these seems damn slim. The manufacture's software extents to displaying system info, time date etc, and Winamp (which sucks compared to J River Media Center) support. I mainly like it as i can chuck in a CD and use Winamp to play it and display the info on the screen without having the projector turned on. While i understand for each app there needs to be "plug in" support, i wouldn't mind the ablity whe the PC's on for it to display a few options. Ie the current application (as selected in HIP) and some other info on hand. The manufatures software is incapable of this (seems stupid to me). I know its getting a bit "remote off track" but if its something you have ever thought of adding i'd be interested.

+Quote Post
btmi
post May 8 2004, 04:15 PM
Post #17

Forum Regular

I dont think there will be an easy answer unless you can find more buttons on the remote to assign to these commands which are not being used...you are not still using the VP remote are you??

As far as the CrystalFontz display, while programming that is certainly possible, there are too many such devices to try and support them all which is where Girder would be the best bet. You can download a Girder plugin from here http://girderplugins.sourceforge.net/LCD/

If you just want to play around, there is a free utility on my website called ComCommander which you can use to send comands to the device for testing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post May 8 2004, 11:02 PM
Post #18

Guests

Thanks for all your help and efforts thus far.

I don't have any spare remote keys, no its not the VP remote, ewwww, if i had to use a DTV card remote the Dvico one is much nicer than that:)

It is a programable remote with 6 devices, but i run all PC stuff on the on remote device as its easier (using HIP to switch apps/devices if u know what i mean). Was was going to get a Hometheatre Master MX500 (i think thats the model) but feel all its features may be wasted when hip can roll so much in to on remotes "application" button, and my HTPC is my only remote source bar CD player (pretty basic) and Receiver.

I'll look at seeing what can be changed in Zoomplayer, its pretty configurable, its just knowing/finding what can be done, always learning.

As for the LCD display, i see your point, would be good if there was LCD standard, with "default" drivers or something, but i guess LCD implmenation in PC's is pretty rare. I'll look into the girder plugin and see what can be done.

Thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 02:02 AM