MSI G2Ti [ 1 ] ** [100.00%]
Matrox Parhelia [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 0
Guests cannot vote 
Guest_Lloyd_*
post Jul 9 2003, 09:31 PM
Post #1

Guests

I am reinstalling WinXPP I have a choice of MSI GT2 TiPro 64Mb or Matrox Parhelia 256Mb?
Any ideas guys or any problems any one has encountered.
I have to change the Matrox G45eTV it is causing me too much grief.
The Computer is a Compaq Evo P4 3.06 Ghz 512Mb 120Mb HDD with a Creative Live Sound Card.
Thanx :? :?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Steve C_*
post Jul 10 2003, 06:03 PM
Post #2

Guests

Sound BlasterLive! with any Matrox card will lead you to grief.... I couldn't get either my G400 or my Parhelia to work with the Live! (unless you want to use only the Windows PCM Drivers and forget about SoundFonts, enhanced Digital Audio etc.)
I'd advise the choice that will enhance what is the more important experience...i.e. if you want high quality images on screen, with the ability to connect your PC to any RGB-in capable TV-monitor then the Parhelia is excellent, and trash/find another machine for the Live! If you want professional sound editing/creation capabilities then, keep the Live! and forget the Parhelia.

I hope this helps....

+Quote Post
Guest_Lloyd_*
post Jul 11 2003, 08:50 PM
Post #3

Guests

Thanx Steve, I have installed the Nvidia and will spend some time the weekend removing the Live and installing the Parhelia.
avagoodweekend biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Steve C_*
post Jul 11 2003, 11:48 PM
Post #4

Guests

No worries Lloyd..... I hate to think of someone going through the same pain I went through with months of tracking the memory allocation clashes the drivers for the Live! had with any Matrox G-series and Parhelia drivers. Total corruptions of Windows - reformats etc.....

And; thanks, I'll try to make the weekend as good as I'd like it to be.
Have a Good One as well!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2020 - 03:20 AM